Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 3,461 to 3,479 of 3,479

Snatcher

@JaxonH Wait so is the His punching attacks apart of the skin? or is it a weapon Skin?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

JaxonH

@Snatcher
If you equip Sword and Shield, the weapon will turn invisible and not display, so all attacks appear as using his fists.

Throw a kunai for a hadoken fireball. Use the SnS silkbind attack for windmill to do a spinning roundhouse kick.

PLAYING
NS: Warioware, Cruis'n Blast, Ni No Kuni 2
3DS: Metroid Samus Returns
Steam: Horizon Zero Dawn, Deathloop, Tales of Arise
PS5: Spiderman, Ghosts of Tsushima
MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Metroid Dread, Monkey Ball, SMTV

Jesus is Lord.

Snatcher

@JaxonH Oh ok, thanks.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

Pizzamorg

I finished Rise's campaign yesterday and now have a very long grind to unlock I think the final three monsters? I am genuinely not sure if I can be really bothered. It took me roughly 60 hours to get to where I am and I am currently about 54 HR, so that would suggest I need to put in roughly the same amount of time to get to the next milestone but without any new quests to do at all?

And that really is my one problem with Rise. All the complaints about it being "too easy" or "too convenient" or whatever are just utter nonsense to me. However, I do think they really kaiboshed their game by not better pacing the content they do have.

When you get to the loop of the campaign where you need to keep clearing ten HRs to unlock the next Elder Dragon, the game really dragged for me by this point. As rather than saving monsters to overcome, to get to that next Elder Dragon, they just sort of play the majority of their whole hand on the first turn. When you have all the armour sets unlocked, all the weapons, you have fought the same monsters multiple times, it just feels like a tedious, mindless, grind, hitting an arbitrary number so you can unlock just one more monster.

I feel like this game would have been way more fun if they held back like a quarter of the monsters they give you on the 0 to 7 star journey, and saved a couple of them between each Elder Dragon encounter to give you something new to chase, while you are grinding the levels. Because like I say, due to the way the content has been delivered, that 50 level HR grind is just not something I have any interest in doing. Which is a shame, as that'll mean I'll miss out on a couple of monsters.

Pizzamorg

Pokester99

@Pizzamorg Though I don't agree with you on the ease of this game ( I found it too easy besides the occasional monsters), everything else you mentioned is on the spot 100% correct!

Edited on by Pokester99

Pokester99

Pizzamorg

I think the difficulty was really well balanced in Rise. World was hard to the point where it wasn't fun for me, especially with all of the clunky controls, poor tutorialisation and skill gating vital pieces for certain builds behind deep end game content or brain melting, RNG, driven, endless grind. And even after all of that, you rarely ever felt powerful in World, you'd still be two shot by a monster walking near you. And I guess people love that, but it isn't what I play games for.

I am glad Rise basically did away with all of that, just made fights accessible and fun and gave you a sense of power. Not to say the game is a breeze, it isn't World hard, but there are some noticeable spikes in difficulty along the way and some monsters that remain real ***** many hours after they are unlocked.

The only caveat to this, is I do kinda feel like they could have given me more motivation to engage with the systems. Like World was too far in the other direction, where either monsters were either so hard and or such a DPS check, there came a point fairly quickly where there was no viability in experimentation and making weird builds. You sorta all chased the same combination of stuff depending on what weapon you used and if you didn't, all you'd achieve is making life harder for yourself.

While Rise has mostly fixed this, I did find that because I was unlocking new sets in massive clumps, it was fairly easy to basically ride one build through the game. Like if you go for old favourites like Weakness Exploit or Divine Blessing or something, when you unlock your third set with Attack Boost on or whatever, there just isn't a motivation to pursue that set, as that sweaty minmaxing just isn't needed.

While this can be seen as a slight on the difficulty of the game, I think it is also an issue with MHs entire RPG systems. A lot of Rise's perks just really aren't that interesting, multiple perks usually do round about the same thing and one usually does it in an objectively better way than others, making them redundant. The removal of set piece skill bonuses save for specific sets, also kills a lot of the chase for me, as well.

I hope whatever the next mainline MH game is, features a massive refresh of the RPG systems, to make much more varied, unique and interesting builds, to give you much clearer roles and definition as a Hunter.

Edited on by Pizzamorg

Pizzamorg

Jrpglover

So the other night I had an idea which I personally think is pretty cool In the next MH game I think they should add an area where all the monsters you captured get added so you can go see them take photos/ learn where their weak spots are etc

Jrpglover

Pizzamorg

Jrpglover wrote:

So the other night I had an idea which I personally think is pretty cool In the next MH game I think they should add an area where all the monsters you captured get added so you can go see them take photos/ learn where their weak spots are etc

That'd be an awesome idea. It'd be cool if you could also access the monsters you have caught in the training area, so you can practice fighting them, builds on them etc ready to face them for real in the wild.

Pizzamorg

Snatcher

@Jrpglover Idk why that has never been a thing tbh.

Jrpglover

Pizzamorg wrote:

Jrpglover wrote:

That'd be an awesome idea. It'd be cool if you could also access the monsters you have caught in the training area, so you can practice fighting them, builds on them etc ready to face them for real in the wild.

Oh god yes that would be amazing and for those that struggle on s certain fight not having a death count would help them so much

Jrpglover

Jrpglover

Snatcher wrote:

@Jrpglover Idk why that has never been a thing tbh.

Ye me neither tbh I get why older gens didn't due to tech limitations maybe but world/ rise it should have been a thing.

Jrpglover

Lugazz

After finishing the storyline and hunting all monsters, I lacked the motivation to keep playing. The "competitive" aspect of MH (getting better time, etc) is not something I seek. Although going after a monster with fellow hunters is always fun

Lugazz

Pizzamorg

Lugazz wrote:

After finishing the storyline and hunting all monsters, I lacked the motivation to keep playing. The "competitive" aspect of MH (getting better time, etc) is not something I seek. Although going after a monster with fellow hunters is always fun

Yeah I have the same problem. I love levelling through a Monster Hunter game, discovering new monsters, unlocking new sets, playing around with new builds. But neither World nor Rise kept me engaged with their "endgames". I mean Rise basically doesn't have one and I hear the Guiding Lands is in a way better place than it launched with Iceborne, but that ain't for me, even now.

However, I think the difference between me and others when it comes to MH, is I ain't demanding MH give me like 1000+ hours at a minimum. I spent like two to three hundred hours with World, across a PS4 playthrough, then a fresh playthrough on PC with Iceborne and then I spent roughly sixty hours with Rise. People will say those are kiddy hours, but to me, that is value for money that I got all those hours out of it.

Edited on by Pizzamorg

Pizzamorg

Jrpglover

What's the best/ fastest way to farm HR I need to farm 29 more levels for valstrax and I want to get it done asap.

Jrpglover

Snatcher

@Jrpglover Just keep doing Missions you haven't done yet, I also think its better to do it solo, Bc It give you more HR, Tho it could be the other way around.

Edit: on 2nd thought, It was both for me, The fomo on top of me being so excited to play those games added on to the hype, And then there was the stress mixed in with it, all in all a really fun time.

Edited on by Snatcher

DomGC

@Jrpglover @Pizzamorg if you guys have NSO try doing endgame rampages. Those usually boost your hr anywhere from 3-5 levels per run. It takes a while to complete a rampage but judging by your posts it's probably not too much slower compared to just hunting different monsters in quests you haven't done yet (altho I do recommend clearing out the ranks because it gives you a good, new midterm-goal)

Also, you can sooooomewhat pick monsters to "practice on" through expeditions. It's not as convenient as your ideas would be but you could check what's in any given area in between proper quests and do a few expeditions without having to worry about carting against monsters you want to hunt to train.

And I'll add this. If you're coming from worldand especially if you're coming from Iceborne, which got updates fairly frequently, you need to realize that Rise's entire structure takes more after the older monster hunter games (which I personally greatly prefer tbh) and that it's only a high rank game rn. It's bound to not have anywhere near as much content as something like Iceborne or GU, to name the other MH on switch, but even then Rise had - on release - more content than world WITH its updates up until Iceborne. It's pretty meaty, but they didn't do the whole GaaS /pseudo-MMO shtick World tried (...and failed...again, my opinion lol)

DomGC

Pizzamorg

Oh man, do I really want to do like 15 to 20 rampages to unlock the next monster though? Why is the grind so absurd.

Pizzamorg

DomGC

I mean, if you wanna look at it like that, and don't wanna do the quests already in the game, you bought the wrong game.

DomGC

Pizzamorg

DomGC wrote:

I mean, if you wanna look at it like that, and don't wanna do the quests already in the game, you bought the wrong game.

I have quite literally finished every hub quest in the game and I am still not HR 60. I haven't finished the solo quests or all the rampages, as I have little interest in either, plus I haven't done all of the events because I don't care about stickers.

I just don't agree with grinding the same quests over and over again to hit an arbitrary number. If that means I bought the "wrong game", then I can only laugh.

Pizzamorg

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic