Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 3,461 to 3,480 of 4,706

Mii_duck

@Snatcher - the advice is appreciated, next attempt I'll try your tip of going for attacks on the glowy bits. Thank you.

Must admit, because it's been relatively easy so far I've not bothered with charms at all or used bombs much. I need to experiment, now I need to step up my game. It's me not good enough or using everything at my disposal, rather that the game being too hard.

Equipment wise? I'm stubbornly sticking with Dual Blades (sorry @JaxonH!)
Dual Daggers, 120 attack, just on the 'green' for sharpness and, um, 0% affinity. Can't seem to upgrade them just yet and they seem the best I can forge.
Armour is the full Remobra set, defense 18. I should update that actually, but I like the look of it!

Mii_duck

Snatcher

@Mii_duck If looks are an issue you can use Layer it, So you can use whatever armor you want, but wont lose the look you want.

So the last tip I have for you is to look into your armor, If you can Avoid his attacks just fine them work on skill that fits how you play, But bombs should only be used when it goes to sleep, So you can do big damage.

Trust me, once you get better armor and such, you will look back and think, why the hell was that so hard? But from everything you told me, you sound great.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Mii_duck

@Snatcher - just beat it! And yes, I am now thinking "why the hell was that so hard?" 🤣

This time I just hung back and bided my time a little. Fainted once, annoyingly, when Mag was dashing about full of glows, but all of a sudden it was defeated.

So... end credits, game over 😉

Thanks again for the advice, I'm sure I'll be back for more.

Mii_duck

Snatcher

@Mii_duck Yess, Great job. Happy I could help! I hope you love the rest of the Monsters.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Pizzamorg

I absolutely love Magnamalo, one of the coolest designs MH has ever produced and such a cool fight, every time. Plus the set bonus with leaving the little bombs behind, especially in a game where they nerfed set bonuses to almost non existence a lot of the time, was really cool. He makes some great weapons too. I think Malo has been my banner pic on here since I joined.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Snatcher

@Pizzamorg I just love it when it Starts flying in the air using Bombs, Like what? Its such a fun fight!

Pizzamorg

Something about that tail strike too, just so damn cool.

Or when you wirebug right into his bombs in front of all your friends and have to tell them you do know what you are doing, honest!

Snatcher

@Pizzamorg " I mean't go get blown up!" FR tho I really hope he shows up in Other games, I know he was made around the wire bug but please, He is like one of the best looking, most fun monster to date!

Pizzamorg

Yeah there are a lot of very similar looking monsters in MH, but Malo is truly original (and fits with the Rise themes so well), I’d love for them to add him to Stories 2 so I could ride around on him.

Snatcher

@Grumblevolcano GIVE IT TO ME!

Pizzamorg

I honestly have little interest in the event, but an excuse to boot up Rise again would be appreciated.

JaxonH

Like the Palico Sonic costume. Not a fan of the rest.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TeeJay

Yeah I'm not big on this one at all really.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Snatcher

@JaxonH @TeeJay I agree, the Palico is the only good thing about it, and even then its just an updated version on the one they had in the older games.

Could have did dark knight sonic, but NOOO!

Jrpglover

The events / collabs In rise are awful I wonder if capcom feels like they've gotten to a point where they no longer need to do big events/ collabs as the game has grown so much

Jrpglover

Snatcher

@Jrpglover I loved the last few tho, What didn't you like about the last ones?

Jrpglover

The street fighter one is the only decent one we've had imo the rewards/ quests themselves have been pretty lame and boring as all they required you to do is gather something

And the majority of the event quest rewards have been stickers which is lame as hell the stickers/ titles wouldn't be too bad IF there was a more social aspect to the game but there isn't. So having social rewards is always off putting and low effort ( imo) I'd much rather have a super cool armour set or weapon like previous titles. Capcom also hasn't done any event quest with any game outside of their own franchise with rise I think sonic might be the first one where it's not been developed/ published by capcom don't get me wrong that's not necessarily a bad thing but it reinforces my idea that capcom thinks MH as reached a phase where it doesn't need event quests anymore

Jrpglover

Pizzamorg

The cart for Generations Ultimate is currently 23 quid in the UK Nintendo Store Black Friday thing. Is it worth picking up? I dabbled a little in the games before World, but World was really the first one I properly got into and Rise was really the first MH game I can claim to love (other than Stories 2). Is Ultimate just really rough when played with those modern games in mind? Do you miss all the QoL changes, tweaks and adjustments to things? Or does Ultimate still hold?

Snatcher

@Pizzamorg You will miss it, for a bit, but other then that you will just get use to it, Plus for how much content this game has, for the price, is more then worth it! So ya, it aged like Batman!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic