Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 3,421 to 3,440 of 4,706

Ralizah

@Pizzamorg Rise sticks to 30fps pretty consistently on Switch, which is impressive after how stuttery World was on last-gen home consoles.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Pizzamorg

It is funny seeing the same small toxic minority of MH "fans" crying about the new Guild Cross gear. I really hate how people have warped what Monster Hunter is. It isn't a Souls game where difficulty is it's entire thing and I am honestly really glad Capcom isn't accommodating even slightly to those who demand otherwise. You want a Souls game? ***** off back there then. Why is it that those who like hard games just think it's fine to just go to every franchise and demand it be as hard as possible to accommodate for them? But if you ask for an easy mode in a game everyone talks about "the integrity of the art" or some bollocks.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Snatcher

@Pizzamorg I have a feeling the small bit, are all the new players just complaining the game doesn't change for them.

Love the new profile pic BTW.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Pizzamorg

Snatcher wrote:

@Pizzamorg I have a feeling the small bit, are all the new players just complaining the game doesn't change for them.

Love the new profile pic BTW.

This isn't about new players asking for changes to them, it is just Capcom giving people an easier time to get to end game. It doesn't really remove the skill element at all - maybe the set in World was a little overtuned - but the Rise set seems more balanced, and really just softens that curve a bit for a slightly gentler introduction. There is literally zero reason to have complaints, but that toxic mini-set are all crying about "the integrity of the game" or some bollocks. Like you don't want to use it? Then don't use it. Someone else choosing to use it doesn't hurt you at all.

Also - we must all bow down to our Mothman overlord.

Snatcher

I'm starting MH GU, wish me luck, also, is there like a quest marker thing? To help tell me were to go with the Collection quest?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Snatcher

@Pizzamorg I was actually saying this a few months back, I 100% agree with you, Just, don't use it if its sucks an issue. You don't even have to, unlike Icebornes Clutch claw.

Varkster

@Pizzamorg I think people nowadays even have a warped image of what a Souls game is. Souls and Monster Hunter always had two things in common; a large emphasis on boss battles and pattern recognition and also no cancel animations.

Dark Souls is such a different game from Monster Hunter in every other aspect. It's supposed to be one big JRPG where you travel through a map in a Metroid-like fashion and Monster Hunter has always been about the hunt and solely about the hunt - it's even in the name. Dark Souls was never even intended to be difficult and going back to each Soulsborne game I honestly don't even find them hard at all.

I think what changed in the past years is that games actually became insanely easy. It's become so rare to see the "Game Over" screen on most games on the Normal setting. To get any form of challenge or involve your brain in critical thinking you'll have to set most modern games to "Hard" and the Souls series (as well as Monster Hunter) do not have that feature. The games are inherently designed for the player to figure the challenge out and prepare for it/approach it accordingly.

We are seeing a resurgence of harder games nowadays because suddenly developers aren't pressured into making their game for each and every type of player. That being said, from my experience with World and Rise I feel Rise is a much harder game thanks to the added speed and movement capabilities. Monster Hunter World seems a lot more basic with what it's asking of the player and the monsters themselves are much less aggressive.

I have no idea why everybody is shouting at Rise for these changes in difficulty when the really big change came with World. Also, as I said before the difficulty of Monster Hunter is designed in such a way that you, the player, are dictating how difficult to make the hunt for yourself. You could go hunt your first Rathalos with beginner armour and a strong weapon because you haven't bothered crafting any armour up until this point or you could sit and grind out the previous fights for hours to make yourself a literal walking tank that would take Rathalos 10-15 full frontal hits to take you out.

I like to challenge myself in Rise by trying out different weapons. It's something I also do in the Nioh games which make it incredibly more fun and challenging for me. Souls, unfortunately, is a lot more limited with how many weapons you can realistically try out in a playthrough thanks to the limited number of weapon upgrades. I think anybody who complains about the difficulty of the Monster Hunter series going lower are doing so because they've been playing the one weapon for the past 4 iterations. Yes, put me in a new fight using a long sword and I will take some hits to adjust and learn the patterns. Put me into a new fight using a gunlance and I will probably cop the loss.

Edited on by Varkster

Varkster

Snatcher

Also I heard prowlers Don't lose items when collecting, so should I play them when looking for things? and are the prowlers like something I should only use in multiplayer? or can I use them to beat the game?

Pizzamorg

I actually think Rise is a lot easier than World. Monsters just don't seem to hit as hard and the wirebug mechanic makes it easier for me to avoid damage and keep the pressure on. In that regard, it is my favourite MH game by far.

JaxonH

@Pizzamorg
I don't understand the complaints either.

In MH World, the Defender set was patched in to make it easier to grind up to Master Rank quickly, and doubled as an assist for players who needed it. I used it when I switched over to Steam and had to redo all my progress and I'm VERY grateful for it.

The set in MH Rise is even less powerful, as it only helps grind up through low rank. It's a perfect tool for those starting over on PC and works as an assist for those who need it. The fact these armors weren't available day one says alot. Maybe if they were day one I could understand as it somewhat devalues the achievements of those not using it, but patching in half a year later? It's perfect!

I would love to play Rise on PC, but I'm not gonna start all over. I did that with World... never again. I'm perfectly happy with how Rise looks and runs on Switch. If there was cross save, I wouldn't say no to bouncing the save file back and forth to upgrade the TV experience when I play that way. But it's not that big a deal.

No cross save = no buy. And... I'm good with that. If Capcom doesn't want my $60, that's perfectly fine by me. I'll spend it elsewhere.

@Snatcher
Ima be honest. I didn't use prowler much. Didn't really like the mechanics. It's cool to mess around with post game but, for me at least, I stuck with playing as a hunter. You don't "lose" items you gather either way. Prowlers simply don't need Bug nets or pick axes. But it's not that big a deal to carry 5 of each with you at all times.

Idk. Try it out if you want. There are some Quests in each star rank that are prowler exclusive. Some ppl love it too though, so maybe you will also.

Also, you get no markers in this game, ever, for anything. You'll have to roam the maps and find what you need via exploration. Eventually you'll get good at recognizing plants and what you can gather where.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Snatcher

@JaxonH I wont ever understand the complaints. Thanks for the tips, Looks like I'm gonna have to learn it inside in out.

JaxonH

@Snatcher
Just make sure you're using. MHGU DB app to identify the key Quests and requisite Quests that unlock certain key Quests.

Without it, you'll be doing dozens of gathering Quests in 1⭐ and 2⭐ that aren't necessary, and you'll get bored rather quickly.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Snatcher

@JaxonH Don't worry, I have the app up and ready the go, And now that sonic colors is out of the way, its time.

JaxonH

Monster Hunter Rise on sale at Walmart and Gamestop for $33

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/nintendo-switch/products...

Snatcher

I'm only in LR 3 right now, but man I'm I loving this game! (GU I mean)

Mansa

Dude! Im playing through gu as well and just got to he 4. I am totally down with hunting with you for a bit if you want.

@JaxonH Hopefully the rate in which rise gains income won't slow down too much. As much as I feel a bit iffy about Rise, I love the series so much.

Edited on by Mansa

Mansa

Nintendo Network ID: Bronze

Snatcher

@Mansa We could totally do that, What online hunt would you like to do? some time tomorrow?

Mansa

Any hunt. Any time. 👍

Mansa

Mansa

Phew. Took down that Azuros with one attempt remaining. Valstrax sorta kinda saved me...
I'm now a bit scared of sunbreak. They may or may not overdo it due to the outcry of people saying the game is too easy, with monsters like Kulu one shotting people in rarity 11 armor.

Edited on by Mansa

Mansa

Pizzamorg

Oh yeah, I didn’t think about that. Everyone cried about how accessible Rise was, so maybe Sunbreak goes back to having enemies kill you in two hits by walking near you unless you have completely minmaxed, end game, gear. If they do buckle to the whiners I’ll probably skip Sunbreak. One of the best parts of Rise was how much easier it was over previous games, it allowed you to just enjoy the fight, rather than everything feeling like a gruelling, frustrating, chore.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic