Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 3,421 to 3,440 of 3,516

DomGC

@Grumblevolcano the usual. Upgrade your gear, play more aggressive, maybe try to pick up more birds along the way to the monsters (it's not worth it to go out of your way to cap all stats before going for the monster)

And last but not least, heal a lot. You can carry 20 potions in total for a reason. And you can always stock up, of course.

DomGC

Mansa

I want to be excited for the animated film, I do, but damn. That does not look pretty. That event quest doesn't make me excited either. The quest itself seems fun, but the rewards, man. So lackluster.

@Grumblevolcano What moves are tripping you up the most? Aside from the generic suggestion of upgrading armor and weapons, I can't really offer much advice right now.
For the Barroth, I would suggest using the switch axe. Sword mode has built in mind's eye, meaning less chance of you striking his head, weapon bouncing, and then eating a head butt or a charge. And you can easily gun down Basarios. His moves are pretty slow. Just mind your positioning and try not trap yourself in tight areas, for his moves are also meaty.

Edited on by Mansa

Mansa

Nintendo Network ID: Bronze

Snatcher

@Mansa Whats the event quest?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

VoidofLight

I kind of wish they'd add some more monsters to Rise, but I think that they're done until they release a G-Rank expansion.

(Insert creative or cool phrase here.)

Mansa

@Snatcher You fight a somewhat smaller Tigrex and a large than usual Diablos in the arena. The reward from completing this quest is a title.

Mansa

Snatcher

@Mansa Oh ok thanks.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

Mansa

Welp. Just did the thing that I was afraid of doing for months. Beat an apex!! (Solo too, figured it'd be harder with randos dying every few seconds)

Mansa

Grumblevolcano

@Mansa The situation of attacks bouncing off the rock parts of the monsters and the resulting animations not finishing in time for me to dodge their attacks. I've been using Dual Blades for my whole playthrough so far.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Mansa

Oof. Yeah, dual blades are possibly the worst weapon to use against armored monsters. I used the gunlance to shell away most of the hard parts. Although, if you want a mobile weapon, try picking up insect glaive as a secondary weapon. The aerial attacks never bounce. But, if you absolutely refuse to part from the db, then I would also suggest sleep bombing to at least soften the monsters up., specifically the easy to reach places so you can just hack away at them with no issues later. Bring some bombs, a Somnacanth weapon and spam the tower vault to aerials until the monster is soft enough. There's not much you can do for the Barroth's head. So play defensively whenever it is facing you. With how linear his head attacks are, you can easily shrouded vault through them.

Mansa

Mansa

Well, don't say that story have better dlc anymore. Because GUESS WHAT? You can special, pre customized palamutes in Stories and now, you can get special, pre customized palamutes in Rise as well. XD

Version 3.0, I'm already dying from excitement...

Mansa

DomGC

Do Dual Blades not have mind's eye during demon mode anymore?

DomGC

Joeynator3000

VoidofLight wrote:

I kind of wish they'd add some more monsters to Rise, but I think that they're done until they release a G-Rank expansion.

sighs
They have to give us something more before the expansion, they can't end it on Valstrax...At least give us Amatsu, Dalamadur...or even Akantor and Ukanlos...also I was hoping for some guest monsters. Guessing that's not happening...go figure. Was really hoping for Ridley...would've been awesome.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/joeynator3001

DomGC

Joeynator3000 wrote:

VoidofLight wrote:

sighs
They have to give us something more before the expansion, they can't end it on Valstrax...At least give us Amatsu, Dalamadur...or even Akantor and Ukanlos...also I was hoping for some guest monsters. Guessing that's not happening...go figure. Was really hoping for Ridley...would've been awesome.

Considering Rise at LAUNCH had more monsters than World WITH its updates and that Rise uses an entirely new engine, I don't really mind that.
I'll agree with anyone who's disappointed with the way they handle event quests this time, altho it's at least some silver lining that all events "reward" you (debatable with titles) but in terms of monster roster Rise is easily one of the more, if not one of the most, unique games in the series.

Like, yeah, I'm also slightly bummed the likes of Steve aren't in but I think we all fully expect an Iceborne to Rise's World and I hope we get a similar volume of additional monsters, fan favorites included. Obviously.
I really want to fight Gore and Shagaru with Rise' s mobility.

DomGC

JaxonH

I don't understand the greed I see with MH Rise.

We got more monsters than base World got, and we got 50% more DLC monsters than base World got, and all I see is disappointment that it's "not enough".

Like holy crap. Really?

I could understand if it was the other way around- if we got less monsters at launch and fewer DLC monsters added. But as it stands, I don't get it. Monsters are done. G rank will add more, and DLC for G rank will add more. I expect another 20 monsters from Ultimate and another 5, at the minimum, as DLC. Right now we've got all our monsters for base game and we're in the collaboration era.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: Monkey Ball, Cruis'n Blast
3DS: Metroid Samus Returns
Steam: Horizon Zero Dawn
PS5: Ghosts of Tsushima
MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Metroid Dread, SMTV, Bayonetta 3, Splatoon 3, Triangle Strategy, MH Rise Sunbreak, Zelda BotW 2

Jesus is Lord.

DomGC

@JaxonH agreed. It's weird how people seem to suddenly think Monster Hunter is some sort of live service or MMO game and it made me outright dislike the community as a whole for it. ***** used to be pretty fun but I stopped caring about what most other people have to say about the series at this point.

DomGC

Giancarlothomaz

@JaxonH these people think Monster Hunter Rise is some sort of live game and are demading Capcom give them contant updates with new monster(obviosy that not Monster Hunter).

i like HD Rumble.

Snatcher

@JaxonH Idk what people don't understand, you get the game, you play the game, your done with game, you come back every now and again for event quest, you play G rank, repeat, Its not that hard you guys LMAO.

MisterMan

I think people might be comparing the post launch of Rise to World. World did a better job of adding DLC that was challenging and encouraged people to come back and challenge themselves. It's hard to argue that the events in Rise have been anything but a letdown.

MisterMan

3DS Friend Code: 5301-0932-8640 | Nintendo Network ID: darkdaysahead

Snatcher

@MisterMan Two different teams.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic