Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 4,441 to 4,460 of 4,513

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Right. I expect the next portable MH to drop several years into the lifespan of Switch 2. Which, assuming it launches in 2024, we could potentially be looking at a 2026 release date for the next portable entry at the earliest (crazy I know!). Probably 2027 though.

We'll get a new console MH in 2024, most likely. Which gives a 1 year break between Sunbreak and MH6. Then MH6U in 2025, a year break, and then MH6 Portable in 2027.

But that's OK. With as much content as they're adding to Sunbreak, this game will actually sate my thirst for portable Monster Hunter for many years to come. And, there's always the next console entry to look forward to as well.

PLAYING
NS: Splatoon 3, Xenoblade 3, MH Rise Sunbreak, Radiant Silvergun and dozens of other STGs
PC/SD:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Pizzamorg

On like an economic level, the first title update for Sunbreak is kind of genius. It adds a lot, but mostly through remixing a lot of existing things, rather than necessarily adding a lot of brand new stuff from the ground up. I assume this is done, so they can deliver bigger updates like this on a more regular cadence than if they were trying to create truly uniquely tailored content from the ground up every time. I think that is the right choice.

The new end game mode is difficult to place just based on this trailer, with all of the randomisation and seeming extra layers of RNG baked into this, it will certain keep players going, but who knows how fun it'll be versus how much it'll end up feeling like chores. I really hated the HR/MR Grind in Rise, but I hated the Obtuse grind of the Guiding Lands and the post GLs far more. This seems to be trying to find a middle ground between those two things, which seems like a smart idea to me.

Either way, I still think this is a huge upgrade over what we had in base Rise which was basically... nothing. Brutally hard, unfun, Apex Event Quests where the only reward was bragging rights. I know I argued with people to death over this, to the point where a bunch of people put me on their ignore list, but it's a hill I will die on. As good as this game is, there should always be tangible rewards if you are going to ask me to take on brutally hard quests. This seems to solve that, as it all feeds back into the new crafting end game loop. The Event quests now look like a nice piece of icing on top of a tasty cake.

Edited on by Pizzamorg

My @ handle everywhere is Pizzamorg.
My Friend Code is: SW-6997-6872-4381

PC games currently playing: The Division 2. Yakuza 0.
PS5 Games currently playing: Ghost of Tsushima. Miles Morales.

Waiting for the new Pokemon game to pick up my Switch again.

TeeJay

I'm so excited. The new investigations are basically just them bringing back MH4U's end game, and I loved the end game in that game!

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Joeynator3000

....Got a Cloudy Moonshard on my first try...just wanted to put that out there. owo

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

JaxonH

Master Rank Apex monsters are here! They can show up in anomoly investigations. Nice!

@Joeynator3000
You dirty dog. Of course you did!

PLAYING
NS: Splatoon 3, Xenoblade 3, MH Rise Sunbreak, Radiant Silvergun and dozens of other STGs
PC/SD:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Pizzamorg

Ran a couple of investigations, on first impressions, this actually seems like quite a good system. Sorta works like a gatcha game, where you run the investigations for currency, then go back and pull on the slot machine to add random stuff to your gear, or save materials for fixed stats on weapons.

I will say, I dunno whether it's a UI issue or just because I am new, but so far after like 15 pulls, I haven't had a good roll yet but I also find it hard to really process the information the augment screen is giving me.

Initially I thought the UI was suggesting me the skills it was showing me were replacing my existing ones, but it actually looks like it just adds them on top. I only realised this, as a later pull it specifically showed an existing skill I had on the gear with a minus next to it letting me know it has been removed. As such, I ended up not taking what might have actually been a great roll.

As far as I can tell, there is no like "roll protection" so potentially you can pull and get only benefits, new defence, new slots and skills, but you can pull and get a load of downsides and one like new perk or something. I initially thought this was fixed, you can have it give but then it must take away, but that seems to be random and you don't necessarily have to have a positive and a negative.

Edited on by Pizzamorg

blindsquarel

Does anyone have any tips for getting Rathalos Medulla? I have been trying to get it for about two hours( trying to get the jaeger prime 2 if it matters). The only tips I know are cutting of its tail and breaking its back. Any more would be appreciated.

Edit: I got enough on the very next rathalos I hunted.

Edited on by blindsquarel

blindsquarel

Pizzamorg

Up to like Level 40ish on the Investigations now and they are starting to get really hard. Nothing has really changed other than the Monsters just hitting stupid hard. Also bested Seething and Silver Rathalos. Both fairly easy fights, I have to assume harder versions are coming. Both of them having a Anomaly style mechanic where you hit the glowy bits, pop them to do massive damage and then they fall over makes them in some ways easier than regular monsters.

Seething's armour is great for cosmetics, Guts seems cool but not enough to build the armour set for. I hope I can get Guts via some other means. Silver has a bunch of perks on it I like, but a lot of other stuff I am not really interested in, made the helmet but then will probably look for other sources for the other perks on it. Wanna try and make the Silver Lance though, not a lot of interest in the Seething Lance.

Fit update using some Seething cosmetics:

Untitled

Edited on by Pizzamorg

JaxonH

@blindsquarel
Just a tip for the future, if you go into the menu there's a list of all Large Monsters, and it will show the drop rates for each mat. You have to obtain the mat at least once to unlock the item shown, but if you've got at least one, it'll show up along with the percentage change of a drop for each category, such as carves, target rewards, capture rewards, break rewards, shiny drops, etc.

PLAYING
PC/SD:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

blindsquarel

@JaxonH
Yeah I know about it, thanks for the tip though. I hadn’t gotten any of said material at the time, so I couldn’t see the drop rates.

blindsquarel

JaxonH

@blindsquarel
Ah, gotcha.

Is Rise your first MH game, or did you play previous entries? Just curious

PLAYING
PC/SD:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

blindsquarel

@JaxonH
Yeah it is my first MH game. It was always appealing to me, but I really had no consoles to play the games on before the switch. I do want to try other games in the series though,. I have generations on the switch, but I haven’t had the chance to play it yet.

I also want to pick up world for the ps4.

Edited on by blindsquarel

blindsquarel

JaxonH

@blindsquarel
MHGU is especially hard to transition to. There's a reason MH was so notorious for being difficult to make new fans. But it's a great game if you can adjust.

World will be much easier to acclimate to. But even World feels pretty slow and sluggish compared to Rise. There's no Palamutes or wirebugs, and the maps are less vertical and more spread out, so running everywhere takes forever. You can fast travel to camps though, and eventually you unlock tailriders, where if you attack a pack of small monsters, sometimes your palico will tame one for you to ride. But you can't control it. You can only put a pin in the map and let them take you there. Its not that quick like Palamutes though. Still, it's something.

But even so, World is amazing. You should definitely play that game. And it will be a good steeping stone to MHGU. If you went straight from Rise to MHGU you might be off put by some of its slower, more dated mechanics.

PLAYING
PC/SD:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

blindsquarel

@JaxonH
Yeah I want to play world soon. I don’t have as much money for games since I bought a crested gecko recently, but from what I have seen world is pretty cheap used. From gameplay I have watched it looks incredible.

blindsquarel

JaxonH

I'm dying to get back into Sunbreak with all this meaty content, but I'm hopelessly absorbed into Xenoblade 3 atm.

PLAYING
PC/SD:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

CJD87

@JaxonH I've purposefully put off buying XC3, just to allow me some time to grind those MR levels in Sunbreak! I'm in love with this expansion, and TU1 is a lot of fun with quiros crafting etc.... its a nice change to see the game really open up to such a variety of 'unique' builds (as opposed to 1 or 2 'meta' sets per weapon). But I am reaching a stage now where 1 or 2 hunts a day would be fine, and Sunbreak can be my side-game against something meatier.

I'm looking to get XC3 this week, and potentially kick it off at the weekend. What difficulty do you play on out of interest? I've played through XCDE on Normal, and found it a little on the easy side... I'm debating starting XC3 on 'Hard', but would be keen to hear the experiences of others.

I just keep hearing nothing but good things about XC3, and the jealousy is kicking in now ha!

CJD87

JaxonH

@CJD87
I'm playing on Normal, and the early game chapters can be surprisingly difficult if you're not leveled correctly.

However, there's so many good sidequests, it's easy to become overleveled by 10 levels or so bt Chapter 4/5. The solution to this is, don't use your bonus XP at camps to level up further. Just bank it if you're gonna do the sidequests, and if you reach a boss that's too tough you can always go spend a few at a camp and come back.

That would be my approach, anyways. I'd reserve Hard Mode as a failsafe in case you get too overleveled and want an immediate correction.

PLAYING
PC/SD:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

CJD87

@JaxonH OK that sounds fairly reasonable, and I do remember that XCDE had a few decent difficulty spikes… even when playing normal mode.

Are you locked into difficulty from the start? Or can you change at any point? (Your comment suggests I might be able to bounce in/out of hard mode at any given time?)

I’ve managed to avoid any spoilers, which I’m really pleased about! Sadly with XCDE I had a major mid-game plot twist spoilt, and it soured the experience a bit for me.

When do you plan to jump back into Sunbreak? Greatsword is calling mate…!

CJD87

Ralizah

I might jump on for some online hunts soon, but otherwise I've accepted Sunbreak will remain on the backburner for months. Xenoblade 3, Splatoon 3, Mario + Rabbids 2... it never ends. I yearn for the next drought period.

Edited on by Ralizah

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic