Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 4,441 to 4,460 of 4,706

Ralizah

Just fought the Violet Mizutsune which, expectedly, made for a harder fight than any of the other recently added monsters. Hate that thing.

I'll keep on with Switch Axe. I'm starting to become more comfortable with the sword form now.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ralizah

OK, nvm, the Lucent Nargacuga is the new king in terms of difficulty. Holy crud, it carted me two times and, by the time I killed it, there was only six minutes left on the clock. What a tough fight!

Joeynator3000

...Meanwhile Risen Chameleos was a nightmare for me. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

JaxonH

@Ralizah
[Rubs hands... licks lips]

I'm so ready for it. Lucent is my next hunt. We have unsettled business from MH3U. 72 hr binge with 3 Germans in a lobby, farming that bloody 2% drop Cloudy Moonshard.

I'm ready for payback. And it sounds like Lucent is bringing his A game. Gimme some of that!

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

@JaxonH Jerk spent half the fight turning invisible and jumping behind me.

Next time I fight it, I'm tripling down on the defensive dango buffs, and will probably stock up on some dash juice as well.

Still managed to cut its tail off, though. I've done that with every fight where it's possible since setting up my SA build. It's quite fun.

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Oh believe me, I know the pleasure.

Using Great Sword I did the special Strong Arm Stance while charging which, if you take a hit in the stance it automatically boosts you to a Level 3 True Charge Slash, and I chop chop choppity chopped that juicy tail right off the Silver Rathalos. So satisfying.

Nargacuga is particularly difficult though since you need to break the tail first. It's also a bit harder to chop tails with GS since it's slow- opportune moments to hit the tail are much more sparse.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

I love this British stuff! I may move to England!!!! (Or in this case, Japan)

Just got a +31 Defense Qurios Augmentation on an armor piece, and a +19 Defense / +1 Slot on another!!!

Only managed to augment 3 pieces so far and already I've hit +62 defense and an extra slot, only forfeiting one point of Focus and some tit for tat trades in elemental res.

Wild Thang! You make my hea-art sang!!!

Edited on by JaxonH

CJD87

@Ralizah Ha yeh its a wild fight for sure... very satisfying though when you're able to gauge where the monster will 'reappear' and be ready to punish. How are you finding the difficulty curve so far? I seem to be OK with some monsters, but others remain a constant challenge. Crimson Valstrax still gives me the most heartache by far, and I've only very recently been able to solo it without reliance on MP support!! (albeit with a terribly slow solo time lol....still counts though!)

@JaxonH Ha what British stuff are you referring to? The vocals/accents? I'm actually in the UK..... and if only it was more like Elgado!!

Well done on getting those extra comfy defense buffs, what is total DEF your set is sitting at now? I'm still hovering around 750, but have full divine blessing and am basically maxxing out dango as my ultimate defense 'crutch' (As most of my skills/decos lean towards damage).
Honestly your build looks really nice, and if you're playing Strongarm/TCS (which I believe you are?) you'll still reap all the benefits of high damage.... but be mobile/agile as hell!

I've actually swapped out 1 level of Resentment - - > add in Evade Extender.... and wow. EE makes such a difference when using Power Sheathe and Adamant Charge Slash, that extra travel distance is amazingly helpful

Edited on by CJD87

CJD87

Ralizah

@CJD87 Still on the easier side. Even with faster monsters, the balance is still weighted heavily in the hunter's favor. Along with the raft of QoL improvements it inherited from World, you can swing around environments like Spider-Man, unleash sometimes extremely op silkbind attacks, fairly easily hijack other monsters to do huge damage to your target, and, should you need to retreat, you have a mount that's constantly at your beck and call.

The only monster I've struggled to solo is Narwa the Allmother so far. She also filters randoms like crazy. Very annoying fight.

Although these endgame monsters are challenging enough for me. If I'm carting at all, then there's clearly room for improvement in my performance. But I think the days of new monsters being progression roadblocks is largely gone.

Edited on by Ralizah

CJD87

@Ralizah It will be very interesting which of the QoL improvements that Capcom choose to carry over to the next 'main' (eg non-Switch) installment in the franchise... it would be a real shame if wirebugs live & die within Rise! Being a shameless GS-main, I cannot imagine this game without wirebug mobility. I played some World a while back and GS just felt so sluggish without the ability to zip about here, there & everywhere.

Sunbreak is definitely a good time though, probably the most hours I've ever put into a game. Also serves as a perfect 'side-game' when playing anything meatier.

Narwa was a bit of a nightmare for me also, albeit my kryptonite remains Crimson Valstrax....

CJD87

JaxonH

@CJD87
Sorry, movie reference from a classic

@Ralizah
I would say the game nailed it in terms of challenge. And with Afflicted Anomoly Quests that can rank up to Level 120 (more to come?) it provides the perfect gradual ramp up for those who want to test their limits.

Level 120 Espinas, anyone? 😀

Ralizah

@CJD87 I wouldn't expect wirebugs, silkbind abilities, or palamutes in World 2. Also, expect a return to less 'arcadey' gameplay, with there being more of a focus on wandering around large environments looking for monsters.

I bought World but never played it, so not expecting I'll be jumping into World 2 either. I really need portable play to properly enjoy MH. Maybe if I own a Steam Deck by then.

@JaxonH The difficulty curve is very 'Nintendo'. Relatively easy to finish, but more challenging if you want to complete all of the post-game stuff. I'm fine with that.

Edited on by Ralizah

JaxonH

@Ralizah
That's always been MH, really. The last game was the same way. Very rarely carting until late game Iceborn, though they did finally add brutal challenge with the final two monsters.

Skill is a huge factor. Once you get good at the game it feels way easier, and will never be super challenging again. After your first MH, everything after is chasing the dragon.

Ralizah

@JaxonH FU and MH4U both had stumbling blocks that required me to craft better gear in order to progress, which is something that never happened in Rise. While skill and familiarity are definitely factors to consider (same is true of Souls games and SMT, by the way), the raft of changes this gen almost inarguably make it more accessible in ways that older games weren't.

Which is good, since Monster Hunter is a properly big series now.

Edited on by Ralizah

JaxonH

@Ralizah
For sure. I've just never hit any notable roadblocks in any MH game since MH3U (my first). Once I put 600 hrs into that game, every one after was smooth sailing.

I like being challenged enough that I have to push my skills to the limit to succeed, but not so hard I triple cart on monsters. And that's exactly what every MH game has been for me for as long as I can remember, this one included.

Though I always appreciate endgame that ramps up to utter insanity (MH4U Lv 140 Guild Quests, MHWI Alatreon/Fatalis, MHRS Lv 120 Anomoly Quests, etc).

JaxonH

@TowaHerschel7 @Ralizah @CJD87
You guys wanna hunt Lucent Nargacuga, Flaming Espinas and whatever else later today when I'm home from work?

With Nier Automata dropping tomorrow it would be nice to at least get one good MP hunting session in before then.

Home around 4:30pm Central Time. Give or take.

CJD87

@JaxonH Ah I see... ! Love a good movie reference mate, this was a new one for me!
I'd love to hunt with you guys, but I'm out with work this evening (16:30 CT - -> 10:30 BST). Hopefully once you drop off from Nier we can schedule something

@Ralizah I would probably be inclined to agree with you that some/most of the new 'arcade-ish' mechanics might be dropped for World 2.... but hopefully Capcom will have some new stuff up their sleeve. Honestly I'm not sure I'd play nearly as much if it weren't for the handheld element, but we'll see!

CJD87

Ralizah

@JaxonH Definitely, if I'm free around that time.

JaxonH

Gotta finish my daily walk, bout 40 min left to go, and then I gotta finish a hunt I'm in the middle of (suspended the game when I left work). Should be about 15 min tops.

I'll set up a lobby in just under an hour from now. Around 6pm Central (4pm Pacific, 7pm Eastern). Pass 5477 as usual.

WiiWareWave

@JaxonH @Ralizah Sorry can't today as I'm reinstalling all of my games as I got a new 1 TB Micro SD Card "My old one is too small at only 256 GB".

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic