Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 2,701 to 2,720 of 4,706

Snatcher

Ok I want to ask you guys somthing, I have been going around the internet, and I was wondering, is
elemental def better then def? and if I should focus on def or armor skills, (I'm in G rank) when I was looking around for answers most people said def and that elemental doesn't matter, and most people said that armor
skills is better then def.

Now I saw some stupid stuff in some of the stuff (One dude) was saying is that you can
forget about def bc just fix it by not getting hit. Now wile it may be true that learning to doge is good, a lot of the time in the monster hunter game's S**** happens.

Sorry got off topic there, but anyway I wanted to know what you guys think bc I would like to always up my mh game, and At the time of writing i'm on 719 def, and i'm on the quest "A tale of ice and fire"

I still need to go and grind out the armor sets in rise, I just been so busy with world, I really want to get better at the mh games, so would you guys also suggest that after I'm done with G rank and world, and maybe some stuff in rise, should I go and get mh Gen? I mean Its not just bc I want to up my game (LOL) but I also want to fight some of the monster's in there to, and yes I played the demo and I able to do the two out of three hunt's.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Joeynator3000

Oh yeah, meant to bring this up....am I the only one who thought Chameleos looked like a puppy wanting to play whenever he did that weird animation before doing that huge poison cloud attack? xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Snatcher

@Joeynator3000 Yes, they made him look so cute, (Ya I said cute) I mean the first thing I did was take a photo, he is one of my new favorite elder dragons. (And I know he is a old elder dragon)

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Joeynator3000

I think Northwind is confused. xD

Anyways yeah, I don't know why Chameleos looks cute or whatever when he does that. lol

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Joeynator3000

It's the animation he does right before...it looks like a happy puppy wanting to play fetch or something. lol

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Snatcher

@Northwind oh ok thanks for the heads up.

Ulysses

@Northwind Yeah it just dropped last night! I sort of wish it had something wild and silly about it, like a preposterously giant Tetranadon, but ah well. The ninjutsu emote looks very fun, so I'll have to do it this weekend.

Ulysses

Snatcher

@Northwind Really? people use those all the time with me, sticker's and all, And I only have 75 hours in the game, but I think it mainly bc I play a lot of world now.

Ulysses

@Northwind I've experienced the same thing. When I wanted to play multiplayer, I just gave in to the join request feature, whether it was key quests or farming a monster. World's SOS feature definitely has disrupted the camaraderie from the old lobby experience.

With that said, I've still had good experiences once I finally found a good lobby from joining one after the other. Usually I have to join 1-3 lobbies before finding some good people, but if you see people hosting a lobby, chances are they still enjoy the lobby system just like you! I would keep trying to join different lobbies, because you'll still be able to find some fun groups that way. It just takes a lot more effort than it did in past games. And don't be afraid to join a 1/4 lobby when the host is a higher rank! I've met some high leveled players who are happy to help you with a few quests.

And as far as feeling left behind, always feel free to give a shoutout in this forum when you're online and want to hunt! I'm always game to help you rank up ^_^ It's easy to feel like everyone else has passed you by, but the reality is the vast majority of people are in the same boat as you! Most people still aren't past HR8, and you can see this when you look for random lobbies. So don't feel badly about it!

Edited on by Ulysses

Ulysses

Snatcher

(Btw I'm talking about MHW) I may be a long sword main but man Well yall just get your S*** together, are yall going to attack the head or the tail (I would like it if they did the tail) I'm playing a charge blade, I can attack the head tail whatever, you just go do you thing, but nope Trip trip trip trip trip, You'd think it

would be a odyssey with all the tripping they be doing, and dual blades are just as guilty of this, but Man I least they try to stick to one spot, and ok its find if you trying to work around me, I can respect that, your trying to help, but my issue is not with them working around me, its them working around other LS user's, they don't know what tf do go for or what to do, and if they do, there just spamming parry all the damn
time (And I know its a big part of the weapon) but My GOD they will do nothing but sit there till they can

parry the monster. want to know a secret? YOU CAN F ING CUT THE TAIL!!!! but nope they don't want to
do that ether, And like hell I want to give up a gem slot for some flinch free, but I guess that's what i'm going to have to do for know on, and the only reason i'm even playing online is to farm the damn Rath mantel thats it but nope it has a 1% drop rate, I was fighting that thing all day, nope not a thing.

I know I know, It looks pretty silly that i'm ranting about my own main but, man do I see were the LS bad rep come's from, its like how the hell is the hammer going to do its job with you swinging that thing around?
I just want some better LS player's, and i'm not saying i'm perfect at it, by any means i'm not, I mean I'm trash with the parry, but at least I try my hardest not to trip the team, at least I do my job, at least i'm spending more time trying to cut the tail then actually trying to kill the monster!

And yes this is one of those "Then do it yourself things" and I can And I probably will, I just want to hunt to move a little faster, so I can farm for this thing. but doesn't look like that'l happen.

I mean thank you for taking time if you actually read through this whole rant. (CB is amazing btw)

JaxonH

@Ulysses
Still playing?

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@Snatcher
I’ve permanently made Flinch Free 1 a part of my set. No ifs, ands or buts. Even on a good day with a good team, you’re going to get tripped. How much more then in a quest with randoms. It’s one of those things where, yes, technically it’s on them to me mindful, but practically speaking, it’s just easier to gem in Flinch Free 1 and move on. You could go for 3, but 1 is enough to stop tripping.

I also find Evade Extender 1 to be more optimal than 3. It gives just the right distance of roll for my play style.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Tyranexx

Monster Hunter newb here. I've been at this game for almost two weeks now. 20 hours in. I've mostly been sticking with Village quests (Rank 3, close to 4), but I've done Hub quests a couple times with some online friends and am now at Rank 2. On the Village quests, I've been trying to do each quest at least once, more in some cases if I want to farm certain items. To that end...I'm having trouble with the Barroth. I can complete the quest, but not without fainting once. The problem is he stuns my character, then charges again. I can do nothing but wipe. I've been dodging to the best of my ability, silkbinding, even wyvern mounted the sucker a couple times.

Any advice? I've taken to using the switch axe thanks to how fun and versatile it is. I have been remembering to eat before missions and try to bring along plenty of potions, antidotes, and other useful items. I also spend some time before engaging gathering Spiribirds and other buffs. I've switched to the Arzuros armor set right now in a bid to raise my defense, and am currently using Arzuros Axe 1 (hoping to upgrade it soon).

I've also been occasionally peeking into this thread, but the speed the posts normally move at + IRL right now means I don't always read everything.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

JaxonH

@Tyranexx
1 Defense. Have you upgraded your armor set? If not, I’d do that. That right there will make a huge difference so you can tank more than 2 hits in a Low Rank quest without fainting.

2 Stun Resistance. Now. With how far you are in the game you do not yet have access to decorations to gem in for stun res. However, you may find an armor set available to you that you can craft that has stun resistance built in. No guarantees, but it’s worth checking

3 Learning the monster better. If you’re getting stunned it means you’re getting hit a lot, which means you might need to get better acquainted with the monster’s move set. End it means you might want to think about playing a little more defensively, waiting for openings you can take advantage of, and rolling out of the way without getting greedy.

4 Utilize traps and flash bombs. This can get you free damage to help clear the quest more easily.

5 Go for capture. When the blue icon appears under his monster icon in the top right corner, spring a trap and hit him with 2 tranqs. This can end the hunt sooner which can also increase your chances of surviving and completing the quest.

6 Just practice. If you’re new then you probably haven’t gotten that good at the game yet and that’s to be expected. But you will get better with practice. Sometimes it just takes doing exactly that.

Joeynator3000

...Having trouble with a Barroth as a newbie is perfectly normal. My first fight with him back on MH3...I've failed the quest so many times. xD

Glad he puts up a tougher fight in this game compared to World. Anyways, upgrading armor should be the first thing to try. I don't know much else to say since I use Gunlance, so I can easily block most of his attacks.

Edited on by Joeynator3000

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Ulysses

Didn't get a chance to say earlier this afternoon, but I appreciated the excellent rampages I had with @Fatty_Whale42, with @JaxonH at the end! With Aaron, the two of us got one S and two S+ rampages, and then with Jaxon, the three of us achieved a near-perfect S+ rampage.

Rampage really is such a blast with friends. And they may be longer than the average hunt, but as for getting a wide range of materials, achieving S or especially S+ ranks gets you a forkload of mats! Just in the last rampage we did, I got 4 different gems from 4 different monsters, a page full of mats and tickets, and enough hunter rank points to shoot me up to 60. Just from Apex Mizu.

I also just love how you go ham on a monster as soon as the Counter Signal fires. With my Despot's HBG, each shot of Wyvern Ammo deals over 2000 damage. Almost nothing feels better than 1-shotting a lesser monster with a fully charged blast of Wyvern Ammo.

It's so much more fun that you aren't penalized for fainting, which makes you feel free to just jump in the fray and dance around in the thick of all the chaos.

@Joeynator3000 Barroth was disappointingly easy in World! So glad they brought back some more of his grit from Tri.

Edited on by Ulysses

Ulysses

JaxonH

@Ulysses
The rampage really does deliver a ton of mats. Even when luck is against me, I still get 2-3 plates at minimum. But it’s the variety of normal parts that really counts. Great for stocking up.

After you left we did Apex Rathian, Apex Rathalos and Apex Diablos, and S+ all 3 of those as well.

Apex Rathalos is an absolute unit. Same for Apex Diablos. I’ve never seen such aggressive monsters before.

TeeJay

Damn. Wished I could have joined those hunts. I was around playing monster hunter alone and everything.

I haven't seen any of the new rampages yet. Hell I haven't even seen Apex Rathian yet.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic