Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 2,721 to 2,740 of 4,706

JaxonH

@TeeJay
Oh man, you opened a can of worms.

I made a Mizutsune glaive, since I had a bunch of orbs and plates and nothing else to do with them. And after a little time in the training area it’s all starting to come back. Oh no. I might actually start playing this weapon again. Got the double buff kinsect like you recommended and everything.

Still need to test out the silkbind attacks and get that set up, but I am legitimately enjoying glaive. I never thought I would come back to this weapon due to the tedium of collecting buffs, but it’s way less tedious now, just like you said!

I also made a great sword and dual blades in case I’m feeling adventurous.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TeeJay

@JaxonH YES the glaives are back! I spent today building a glaive set to my liking and I'm finally happy with what I built. It's got 86% affinity with Max Critical Eye, Crit Boost and Master's Touch, and also Constitution lvl 3 and Stamina Surge lvl 2 so I never have to stop attacking, and to top it off, Weakness Exploit lvl 1, so now any weak points I hit are 100% guaranteed crits.

I used to have some Attack Up but I removed it all in favor of the stamina skills because I personally found it annoying to run out of stamina all the time. I also had to remove Evade Extender but tbh I'm mostly in the air anyways and it's my main form of evading when I use the glaive so in this particular instance I don't miss it.

I'm sure for your build you'll be packing some different skills to mine, like Power Prolonger and Evade Extender yeah?

EDIT: Oh also, feel free to tag me on Discord if you're doing these hunts, in fact I'm begging you to. I'll actually get a notification for it as opposed to having to remember to check this site. Worst case scenario I might be sleeping and won't see it til I wake up.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Tyranexx

To be fair, I fainted on a couple other monsters earlier on, but the first time I was still learning the ropes and the second time I was (admittedly) being lazy. This is the first one I'm genuinely getting frustrated about as I'm trying my best to NOT die lol.

On the armor sets: I've been upgrading them when I have the chance. The reason I switched to the Arzuros set, however, was due to its defense rating; unfortunately, that set is still level 1. I'll take another look at some of the other sets I do have since I have upgraded many of them. Unfortunately, I'm very low on armor spheres right now.

I will definitely look into stun resistance and see what I can do about that at the moment. Same with paralysis since the I nearly wiped on my single Khezu run.

I'll also try to learn the monster better. I think I had most of them down before this as some of them had similar body types/attack patterns (Arzuros/Lagombi, Great Izuchi/Baggi/Wroggi, etc.). However, this guy is definitely different than anything else I've fought to date.

I've admittedly been bad about using traps, but I've done a couple captures (though not recently). I'll definitely give that a try as well! Took me a bit to even get the basics down during the training portion, though; the tranq bomb window seems pretty small IMO.

I just think I need more time to settle into things. I'm certainly enjoying the game and love the weapon I'm currently using, though I certainly realize it's mostly offensive; that suits my style in most games, to be honest.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

TeeJay

@Tyranexx Tranq bomb window? Are you trying to Tranq the monster before trapping it? Because while that is certainly an option, it's usually something more advanced hunters might do once they're more comfortable with the monster and know it'll fall into their trap right after, as, yes, the tranq effects will wear off if they take too long to trap it afterward.

The usual way of trapping monsters is to trap them first and THEN tranq them while they're struggling in the trap. There should be plenty enough time to do it then.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Snatcher

@TeeJay I always tranq the monster right before he runs off (In rise anyway, if its world I might try to catch it right away) It just makes it go faster for me, but I agree with you, its always the safer bet to go to there nest.

But if its rathian and rathalos, WELLLLL.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Joeynator3000

Snatcher wrote:

@Joeynator3000 Did you try braking his legs? It makes the fight more easy.

....Eh?

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Snatcher

@Joeynator3000 LOL My god I just noticed you were not talking about yourself LOL sorry.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Tyranexx

@TeeJay The problem I ran into during the training tutorial is that I was terrible at switching to a different item in a timely fashion back then; I was still learning the various actions (Heck, I still don't have some of the more obscure things down). I had to trap the Arzuros three times before I could cycle to the tranq bombs fast enough and use one before the trap wore off. It was irritating as the previous two tutorials were a breeze.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

TeeJay

@Tyranexx Makes sense given you were still getting to grips with the controls. But! Now that you have a bit more hunts under your belt I think you should have an easier time scrolling to the tranq bombs. You just gotta start doing it while the trap is busy setting itself up rather than waiting until the monster is actually trapped. You'll find there's lots of time.

JaxonH

@Tyranexx
In time, as an offensive player, you will get better, and you'll start wanting to take advantage of openings as long as possible. Right now, you have to account for the time it takes to get out of harm's way.

But once your skill level increases, where you can react quickly with precision, you may want to run evasion 5. I used to LOVE evasion in previous games. I still do, though I've gotten so good at positioning now I don't need it as much. But with evasion, you can dodge roll through attacks if you have the skill to accompany it.

By default, you get a small number of i-frames on a dodge roll. You can evade through attacks without the skill, BUT, it requires frame perfect precision. It's tough to do, even as a skilled player. But with Evasion skill, those i-frames increase. Combined with Evade Extended where you roll farther also, allowing the attack to pass through you even faster, thus increasing your chances of it only passing through during your i-frames... is a very mean combination. But again, IF you have the skill to accompany it.

Something to think about as a goal for down the line. Evasion is perfect for offensive players who don't rely on shields, and when they don't have time to dodge out of the way, they just dodge right through it.

But ya, you'll get it. Hitting a wall is natural in MH. It forces you to improve. One day you'll look back and laugh as you solo G rank elder dragons in record time.

@TeeJay
Sounds good. I haven't designed a set specifically for the glaive or anything. I stayed up late last night and finally crafted my perfect mixed set for Switch Axe and Charge Blade, and I'm running that with Layered Armor. It's so good though. Like, Evasion 5, Earplugs 4, Quick Sheath 3, Stun Res 3, Speed Sharpening 3, Rapid Morph 3, Handicraft 2, Razor Sharp 2, Power Prolonger 1, Evade Extender 1, Flinch Free 1. I like Evade Extender at level 1. Even disregarding the Rapid Morph which doesn't work on other weapons, it's a rock solid set for pretty much anything across the board. Not sure if Power Prolonger works on glaive. Would be nice if it did.

I can definitely see the stamina being an issue for glaive. I can always use Dash Juice if need be, at least on the harder hunts anyways. Can trade for them at Argosy and I've been stockpiling like crazy for those and Dust of Life. Couldn't fit Wide Range into this set so I'm gonna rely on Life Powders and Dust of Life for MP.

I saw this crazy set on YT that used Kushala Blessing with Recovery Up and Recovery Speed, which resulted in the red portion recovering 4 times faster and recovering beyond the end of the red portion, and tons of defense with Divine Blessing, and they just stood there letting Apex Mizu blast them over and over, and they couldn't die. Because by the time they got hit again, the health bar had recovered. Sometimes it would get down to 1/3 or 1/2 but then it would recover again. Like, wow. That's super broken. That's just letting the monster hit you as much as possible without moving. Imagine if you were using the rampage horn with health Recovery and healing L too! Straight up broken as it gets lol

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Snatcher

@Tyranexx If any thing go for the legs before anything else, it makes him start tripping and falling, when he jumps at you, giving you much more time to attack, and Since you are using a SA you really have to know your monster, but with the added mobility, it should be much more easy'er, and take lest time trying to learn to monster, But ether way (Just like JaxonH said) Practice is the name of the game, If your having a hard time, just keep practicing, get some knew armor. Upgrade, If your still having a hard time,

maybe trying getting a 2nd main for the time being (Although maybe this is bad advice, not trying to say your bad at your weapon by any mean's) but just try to have fun, and trust me if your not now, once you learn everything about it, its going to be one of the funnest things ever. (You could also do what I did for a monster I wont name, I watched a video on his move's, and after that I messed him up)

Snatcher

@JaxonH I'm going to put on F free today then, Maybe now I can get the rathalos mantel, wish me luck.

TeeJay

@JaxonH Power Prolonger does work on the Glaive, yes! It lengthens the triple buff time.

And I was just about to mention this, though ,I see you don't have it in your set anyway so it probably doesn't matter, but apparently Jump Master is too situational on what it does and doesn't count as a jump so it's not worth having in your set. I mention this because I was recommending it earlier but having looked into it more, I was wrong.

Also! Triple Buff gives you HG earplugs now! This is a buff new to Rise. So if you ever get around to making a glaive specific set feel free to leave earplugs out.

Edited on by TeeJay

Snatcher

@Tyranexx And if you need real long trap setup, go for pitfall.

Joeynator3000

Snatcher wrote:

@Joeynator3000 LOL My god I just noticed you were not talking about yourself LOL sorry.

I was talking about fighting Barroth for the first time back in MH3. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

JaxonH

@TeeJay
I plan on making a “perfect set” for basically every weapon. Sounds like Power Prolonger is a MUST for glaive. I’d even give up 2 of my evasion points to hit Power Prolonger 3 for a glaive set. In fact, I may just do that until I come up with a specific build.

I want one for Great Sword focusing on draw attacks, one for dual blades and stamina, one for glaive and triple buff time/stamina, one for Lance and guard/evasion, one for Gunlance and guard/artillery, etc. That’s the hook, right? Making all these perfect sets.

But just having Power Prolonger 3 will make a huge difference for glaive. I’ll take Evasion 3 with that instead of Evasion 5.

TeeJay

@JaxonH I'm not quite as bothered about re-triple-buffing as you are but....having used the glaive for all of today I may consider swapping out one Stamina Surge level for one Power Prolonger at least. The constitution and stamina surge together might be a little overkill anyway.

Ulysses

I'm getting on for a little while if anyone is up to hunting with me!

Ulysses

Snatcher

Thats it I give up, I'm just going to go on to the next quest, I have spent two day's trying to get one item, I will just finish part of the set and leave the legs, bc My god I cannot fight another rathalo's, (I mean I can) I'm just tired, and just sick of fighting the blue one, he is so annoying. I just need a break form him, and I just want the set bc 1, I think it works well with my charge blade, 2 it looks cool, I don't need the full thing but I would like it.

And my main issue is not grinding for it, (its a big part of the game) my main issue is that I know for a fact, that in the next three G rank quest, I'm going to get another set, I mean I'm just waiting for Zinogre to pop up so I can farm its set. Look i'm just venting here so, Its not a issue at all.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic