Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 2,501 to 2,520 of 4,706

Joeynator3000

Ant banned him.

Anyways as for Snatcher, not sure what other games you've played, but basically Chameleos was the first monster to use invisibility. owo

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

JaxonH

@Snatcher
Ya, I blocked them. Their very first sentence directed toward me was rude as heck. I knew then and there we were dealing with a young, immature kid who never learned manners or discipline or respecting others (no matter how many times they said they’d “been playing since MHFU”). Like dude. Come on. You can tell when someone is 10 years old and a hell child. You’re not fooling anyone. For some reason kids like to tell people on the Internet how they’re in their 30s and have a wife and children... it’s like they think that’ll distract from their immature behavior in exposing their age.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Snatcher

@Joeynator3000 Oh ok, I have only played world and rise up to this point.

@JaxonH 30? damn can they at least say there in there teen's at the least LOL.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Joeynator3000

OMG these relics...anyways yeah apparently I was doing something wrong with the wirebug controls...and I KNEW that I could get up to that area in the Flooded Forest. lol

Anyways one relic left...and two rare endemic life. (got lucky with the cobra, lol)

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Snatcher

Hey um is there any way to get out of stun other then moving the L joy stick? I mean I move it so fast the joycon drift might come back.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

JaxonH

This game is so addicting. It’s taken over every spare second of my time, aside from coming here to post about it from time to time. I’m either playing MH Rise, talking about MH Rise, watching videos about MH Rise, or thinking about MH Rise.

Just farmed enough Kamura tickets to get the Hidden version armor, but I’m still missing a Bishaten part and 2 Mizutsune Claw+. I’ll get them naturally as I play, or, once I’m done with HR7, will have to start farming monsters one by one to get all the parts needed for necessary upgrades and new armor sets.

Played at work today as I always do on weekends. Then went to the dealership to get an oil change and rotate tires, and I just played MH Rise with Binbok joycon in handheld mode the entire time in the waiting area. The guy assigned to me asked if it was a Playstation Portable or something. I told him Nintendo Switch, and I was playing Monster Hunter. He said he hasn’t played games in a while but he did try MH (I’m assuming World on PS4) and didn’t like it. Said he started getting destroyed and just went back to Overwatch. Had to explain the game has a higher bar of entry than most, but it’s so worth it if you invest the time to learn the game properly.

Came home, took on Rathalos, and mounted both Rajang and Anjanath to pummel Rathalos, then mounted Rathalos. Got 2 Rath plates and an Anji plate. Not bad. Wish they were gems, but I’ll still take them.

I feel like this game is never going to end for me. I’m starting to question why I buy so many other games when I could just live off playing Monster Hunter. I’m sure there will be gaps between games and expansions where I could slide in an extra game or two, like MH Stories 2 for example. But I’m starting to get why some people just play World of Warcraft and nothing else. That’s their game. Or, some people just play Elder Scrolls online, or Call of Duty, or whatever it may be. I’m starting to feel that way about MH. Who needs anything else. I just wanna play this.

@Snatcher
Press + then - to signal your palico to come knock you out of the stun animation. They don’t always respond right away, but sometimes they do, I’d say at least 33% of the time it works to get me out of the stun animation. But I still jiggle L back and forth just in case they decide to eat popcorn and watch me get steamrolled.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Snatcher

@JaxonH so I should just jiggle the L button, not spam it back in forth LOL?

FattyWhale_42

Anyone up for some hunting tonight? (>^_^)>

FattyWhale_42

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430

Joeynator3000

I think I'm done with the game, for real this time...got all the relics...and the rare endemic stuff (the lava caverns one was being a butt, but it finally showed itself, lol). Yeah...Magnamalo is still not giving me more orbs for his weapons. Screw it, if Teo does show up then his weapons are better anyways. xD

Keep it PG-13-ish.

JaxonH

@Snatcher
No, no... L as in the Left analog. You can’t jiggle a button lol. 🙂

I just abbreviated assuming you knew I meant analog. You’re just supposed to wiggle the analog stick left to right (although some rotate in a circle, I’m not sure if that works better).

Edited on by JaxonH

JaxonH

@FattyWhale_42
Dang, I want to but it’s 9:00 pm and I have work in the morning. When I get home tomorrow, I’ll be whittling away on the 2nd page of HR6 quests (mostly dual monster hunts). If anyone cares to join me as I work down the list, I’m up for some MP

FattyWhale_42

@JaxonH Give me a tag tomorrow, and I should be around to hunt. (>^_^)>

FattyWhale_42

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430

Snatcher

@JaxonH No I knew what you meant I meant jiggle as in mess with it LOL, thanks. Edit: I looked back at my comment, LOL I said button I meant to say stick LOL, sorry about that.

Edited on by Snatcher

TeeJay

If I happen to be up at the time you guys decide to hunt tomorrow I'll be happy to join. I have nothing to gain from hunts at this point until the update but still, I can't pass up hunting with you all.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

VoidofLight

I've been taking my time through the game honestly, and I still have so much content to go before the update happens, let alone the content I'll have when the update drops.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

TeeJay

I mean, I took my time too. I did every village quest before starting the Hub quests and I've gotten all the Hub quests done. I'm just not the type of player who wants to collect armor and weapons I don't plan on using (which is a valid way to play btw, just not mine) so I've pretty quickly run out of incentive to continue hunting unless it's with friends, or if I'm hunting Final Boss for parts since there's not much point in hunting anything else for melding fodder.

I just don't have anything to build towards atm. I'm hoping that will change in the coming update. In the meantime I just got Spiritfarer which having a fun chill time with, and the NieR Replicant remake just came out.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

JaxonH

@TeeJay
I don't like collecting armor and weapons I don't plan on using either. I use everything I craft. I like switching up my look every so often. Keeps things fresh. It's like, wearing the same shirt to work every day. Or, wearing a different shirt every day of the month.

Not that I change armor sets every day. More like every week or two. But once I have way more armor sets, I'll be inclined to change it up more often.

Been using Basarios set with his Charge Blade, but just today I crafted the Nargacuga SwitchAxe, upgraded it all the way, and combined it with the Kamura Hunter layered armor over the Basarios set for the skills, and my hunter looks sooo dope. Probably rock this for a week or two while I finish up the rest of HR6 and HR7 Quests, at which point the journey to expand the wardrobe officially begins.

Edited on by JaxonH

Mountain_Man

I'd like cosmetic options for armors, such as being able to change the color and style. Right now, I actually avoid some armors even if they have superior stats because I hate the look.

The Mountain Man

JaxonH

Alright, lobby open guys.

5477aa84

Doing last few 6 star quests and then 7 star.

@Mountain_Man
You can change colors. You unlock it once you roll credits. And then you unlock armor pigments for layered armor, palico and Palamute armor... pretty much everything. Not only that but you can change them on a piece by piece basis or all at once. Sky is the limit.

Transmog is always added in with the ultimate expansion. But there’s a reason they don’t add that into the bass game because it takes away from the individual armor sets and strategizing style vs function, and trying to make the perfect mixed set that still looks good. So, that day will come, eventually, but in the meantime a big part of the game is deciding whether you want function or fashion. And frankly it’s not really that big of a deal anyways because you get so many skills in this game, but all you have to do is find an armor set you like the looks of which will likely have at least one good skill, and then gem in 3 or 4 skills in addition to that, on top of your talisman. So you can already have your cake and eat it too. But transmog will inevitably come in the G rank expansion, so look forward to that.

In the meantime, the Deluxe edition kit has Kamura layered armor that looks super good, and the amiibo also unlocks layered armor. That gives two good options to use when you want to go with a mixed set.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic