Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 2,521 to 2,540 of 4,706

JaxonH

@FattyWhale_42 @TeeJay
Lobby open, 5477aa84

@Ralizah
Care to join too? We haven’t hunted yet. Knocking out last few 6 star and then 7 star

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

FattyWhale_42

@JaxonH Was just getting ready to eat, so if there's still a spot open after I get done, I'll be there in 15-20 min. (>^_^)>

You have a passcode up, and I don't know what it is. xD

Nevermind, figured it out xD

Edited on by FattyWhale_42

FattyWhale_42

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430

Ralizah

@JaxonH Unfortunately not tonight. I have to make dinner.

Have fun!

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

Nice hunts with @FattyWhale_42

We killed off the rest of my HR6 quests, did the first page of HR7 quests, defeated Narwa (was my first time), and took on a 7 star rampage with Diablos and got S Rank. Ya.... The destruction was absolutely disgusting lol.

And I gotta say, I don’t think I’ve ever gotten more gems and plates than in this sitting. I was getting on average 1 to 2 per hunt either by carving from the tail or in the rewards. Like 3 beast gems, 2 wyvern gems, bout 5 different plates, Zinogre jasper, I can’t even remember them all. They were flowing like milk and honey in a way I’ve never seen before. Not that I’m complaining because I needed that Almudron Plate. But I still need a lot more so, I hope my luck isn’t spent.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

FattyWhale_42

@JaxonH I'll take credit for that, sure... xD

I think I carted about as much tonight as the rest of the game up to now! xD

I might have to take REVENGE!!! on a bunch of low rank Goss' to even the score. >

FattyWhale_42

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430

Snatcher

Been busy with G rank in world, And I was getting my ass kicked, but now I'm getting the hang of it. @JaxonH I would have played but my internet has been really messy, I can't hold a game for more then 30 min.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

TeeJay

Ahh, I slept through this I'm sorry. I've had garbage sleep all day.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Joeynator3000

So, Jaxon, don't answer this (lol), but you guys think Luna will come back? I'm wondering if she does, if they'll fix the issues she had in World. At least do something about her Ultimate Super Deluxe Plus Ultra Nova Explosion....with Knuckles...including the new Funk-...you get my point. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

JaxonH

@korosanbo
It's the most welcoming the series has ever been, to the extent lots of Nintendo gamers are finally getting into the series.

Everyone loves Monster Hunter. They just have to play long enough to learn that for themselves.

The thing about MH is, it never feels like grinding. OK, for one, you can play through the entire game and never repeat a quest twice. The thing is, you won't want to just do that, because you'll be so invested in the insanely awesome, fun, addicting combat you'll want to farm their gear.

You could hunt the exact same monster in the exact same map 100 times and it would feel different every single time. The game is not some boring sludge of repetition. Its thrilling and exhilarating dopamine surges thats so insanely fun you never get tired of it. You could "grind" for 100 hours and never even feel like you were grinding. Because the game is just that fun to play.

But you have to invest the time to learn the game and it's mechanics. You won't master everything overnight, but you do need a continuous improvement mindset

Gamer83

@korosanbo
I'm new to the series, my gaming skills are as average as it gets and I had no problem getting through the village quests and some of the lower level hub quests (haven't tried the higher levels yet).

Gamer83

alpacatears

@korosanbo I was completely new to the series and I found it not too difficult to get used to.
With the village quests, they ease you in and can be pretty forgiving. You can take your time with the different mechanics and get used to them slowly over the space of a few hours. You can start with a few basic combos and then go from there.
There's so many great YouTube tutorials too with plenty of advice for beginners

alpacatears

Ulysses

@Mountain_Man This was another reason why I burned out early on MHWorld. I just really, strongly disliked most of their LR/HR armor design.

Because Capcom knew they were designing for mainstream audiences in the West, they made a lot of the armor way too "safe." Take Tobi Kadachi armor. It has a similar theme to Lagombi's armor, but while Lagombi's armor design has character in its quirky (and slightly effeminate) design sensibility, Tobi's armor just looks... painfully bland. They went ham on the Palico design however! And that's because the Dudebro's aren't wearing it.

This is my biggest gripe with Rise. To coincide with the generation, they are including all of World's 5th gen monsters, and to go with it, all of World's armor designs as well. Just, really not a fan of most of them.

On the bright side, they sidestepped a lot of World's bland weapon design by harkening back to OG designs as higher upgrades for the Ore and Bone trees (or in HBG's case, just went straight into Pukei's weapon tree). Like for the Bow, it went from World's ore tree to the OG Stoutbow design in the upgrade path.

Edited on by Ulysses

Ulysses

Snatcher

So um' I think i'm going to drop the great sword for the, Charge blade,. Look hear me out, I love the great sword its uh great, but Its just not for me, and it has yet to click, wile the charge blade over here (Which I used to strongly hate) Clicked for me some how, I'm loving everything about it, and it might very well be my 2nd main.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

NintendoByNature

I just started this game a few days ago. Its a little cumbersome, but im getting used to it.

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

@NintendoByNature
That feeling will go away as you get more comfortable with the game and it's mechanics.

I recommend watching some Gaijin Hunter, Arrekz and Rurikan tutorials on YouTube, trying all the weapons in the training room, sticking with one you like, then learning its combos by watching a weapon tutorial from the aforementioned content creators on YT.

Also, ask questions. Anything you don't understand, there's probably a solution or answer you just aren't aware of.

I'd also recommend going into settings, turning on the Type 1 Silhouette to see your player outline when vision is obscured behind monsters, turning OFF the auto sheath, setting camera distance to about 40, and turning all the gyro settings on except for Normal Gyro (camera), since you don't want it on all the time- just when aiming.

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH all good tips and thank you. I will definitely take your advice. I've got about 4-5 hours in so far. It's not so much the actual battling that I'm struggling with. Its more the menus, tutorials, and new info that they toss at you pretty consistently that's a little daunting. So far I've played thru most of the regular village quests given by the one sister( not the one in the restaurant). I will also try some arena quests as well. I've barely scratched the surface on the game. So as time goes on, I'm sure I'll get more acclimated.

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

@NintendoByNature
Ya, as a new player it'll feel a bit overwhelming. But I promise, you'll slowly start learning those menus and systems one by one, and before you know it, you're no longer intimidated. Before you know it, you're zipping around the menus you've now memorized.

Another big thing is customizing your radial menu. Press + and the 3rd or 4th option down says Radial Menu. You get 4 main loadouts you can switch between (and can separately assign for Quests and when in village- mainly just focus on the one for Quests). In the top slot, that's where you'll want to assign all the items you need at a moment's notice. Mega potions, max potions, well done steaks, nulberries (which negate elemental blights like water blight or thunder blight), antidotes or better, herbal medicines (faster animation than antidotes and heals you some), etc.

You can set up the other 3 loadout slots for communication shortcuts and maybe even a secondary item loadout for traps, tranqs, barrel bombs, farcasters, life powders, etc. But having the top one is crucial.

Then, when on a quest, if you hold L, it brings up the radial menu (also lets you pan items with Y/A, but you already know that). Simply point the right analog at the item you want to use in the radial menu and release. Over time this will become muscle memory. You can toggle among the 4 loadouts with ZR while holding L with the radial menu up. Or you can use the Dpad while holding L with the radial menu up. But ZR is easier. It just toggles through clockwise. But personally, I'd just set up the top loadout and never change it. Maybe later once you're more comfortable with the mechanics you could think about using additional loadouts and toggling between as needed.

Joeynator3000

Joeynator3000 wrote:

So, Jaxon, don't answer this (lol), but you guys think Luna will come back? I'm wondering if she does, if they'll fix the issues she had in World. At least do something about her Ultimate Super Deluxe Plus Ultra Nova Explosion....with Knuckles...including the new Funk-...you get my point. lol

....Oki then. TwT

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH all good stuff as usual so thank you. The one question I have right out of the gates is, where do you purchase traps and tranqs? I caught my first monster in one of the tutorials and it had those items available from the start, but I did a later urgent mission and had to slay a monster instead of catching it.

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

@NintendoByNature
Later in the game you'll unlock the ability to buy tranqs at the market. In the meantime you just craft them at your item box.

Traps are not sold, but trap tools are. You have to craft your traps from the trap tools and either a thunder bug (shock trap) or a net (pitfall trap). Nets in and of themselves must be crafted from spider webs and ivy.

You can trade for traps on occasion from Rhondine via Kamura points, but it's not worth it. Better to just buy trap tools, and then

Shock Trap
Trap Tool
Thunder Bug
Pitfall Trap
Trap Tool
Net

Net
Spiderweb
Ivy

But don't buy anything from the market unless it's a sale. That's when you stock up. Check back after each quest, and when there's a sale going on, 1 enter the lottery (sometimes the grand prize is a collectible if you hit the jackpot) and 2 stock up on Trap tools, potions, barrel bombs, anything else you need.

You should also save up and buy the Power Charm and Armor Charm as soon as possible. Once you have them, keep them in your item Pouch at all times for a boost in attack and defense. Set up item loadouts at your item box for easily swapping out all your items for a clean restock, with power and armor charms included.

Later in the game, you can craft Armor Talon and Power Talon using your charms, and it stacks with the non enhanced versions. So you'll want all 4 in your item pouch, which means ultimately you'll need to buy 2 of each. They also aren't discounted during sales. But just be aware, you'll want to grab those asap.

Edited on by JaxonH

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic