Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 2,481 to 2,500 of 4,706

Mountain_Man

BenAV wrote:

@Mountain_Man There aren't too many compulsory Rampage quests and most of them are in the Hub so you can complete them in multiplayer without much trouble if you choose. I went through my Hub keys/urgents solo though and the Rampage quests didn't cause me any trouble despite not really knowing what I was doing in them at that point. I tend to find them a bit boring moreso than difficult.

I don't have a Nintendo Online membership, so it's strictly solo play for me. And I agree with you that the rampage did seem a bit boring. The regular hunts are much more fun.

The Mountain Man

Grumblevolcano

At what point should I focus on hub quests? I've been progressing through village quests and have unlocked 3 star quests meanwhile I haven't started hub quests.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Snatcher

Lord I'm switching back and forth between Ice borne and rise LOL.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

iskim

I spent several hours in the shrine ruins running around looking for relics while grabbing random stuff, and managed to find all but one of the rampage relics there. I eventually gave up and used a guide, it turns out i had the right idea in the right spot but was quite literally barking up the wrong tree, so if i had just turned around i would have found it. I do think that they are a good addition dispite how hidden they are.

iskim

JaxonH

@Snatcher
Imo, I think it's better to stick with Rise until you're done, or at least, until you feel satisfied enough to put it down for a while.

Reason being, Iceborne is G rank. As a result, monsters move faster, hit harder and provide smaller openings. Once you acclimate to G rank, it will make High Rank feel too easy by comparison. Better to finish the game with High Rank, then move on to the game with G Rank.

Of course, you might manage just fine and it won't bother you, but this is something I observed from Hey Jay! doing concurrent Iceborne/Rise playthroughs. Something to think about, anyways.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
Dom gave a pretty good answer, and with what they said in mind, I can only tell you how I preferred to play.

I preferred doing all the village Quests first before touching the Hub. This allowed me to get acquainted with all the monsters (or, most, anyways), get in the rhythm, and get the easier Quests done first.

You will unlock Quests that serve as tests that let you skip HR ranks if you play all the way through village, allowing you to seamlessly transition to High Rank in the Hub afterwards. I, however, didn't want to just skip all that juicy content so I voluntarily did all the Low Rank Hub Quests after the village.

Then, and only then, did I move onto High Rank. I also made it a point to do every quest and side request in the game as I played. So I just now unlocked HR7, but still have half the HR6 Quests to finish up before moving on to the final Rank. I also need to farm Kamura tickets which can only be obtained via Village Quests, so I'll be doing some more of those as well.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

urrutiap

Doing the Gather Hub "high rank" quests first is better than being weak starting out on the main Village quests.

getting access to some high rank armor helps out alot when you want to get through the main Village story quests.

Plus raising your hunter rank to 6 or 7 at the beginning is better anyway.

Edited on by Eel

urrutiap

urrutiap

those Relics sticks that you find here and there theyre nice and all for the first time but i quit tryin to find them since theyre just weird poem speeches. THeyre just a gimmick feature for Rise where i ts fun factor you will get bored of it eventually.

iskim wrote:

I spent several hours in the shrine ruins running around looking for relics while grabbing random stuff, and managed to find all but one of the rampage relics there. I eventually gave up and used a guide, it turns out i had the right idea in the right spot but was quite literally barking up the wrong tree, so if i had just turned around i would have found it. I do think that they are a good addition dispite how hidden they are.

urrutiap

urrutiap

yeah yeah. we all know who/what Chameleos is.

I still play Monster Hunter Freedom Unite so I know all about frikkin Chameleos the invisible buttwad

urrutiap

JaxonH

Perfect timing. Right before I get to the end.

JaxonH

@DarthNocturnal
It works the same as every game prior except it also lets you auto craft as you gather, and craft by a specific amount.

You almost always want to craft from item box since that's where all your items are. Crafting from Pouch isn't something most people do unless it's out in the field- particularly gunners.

There isn't really a need to craft from item box to Pouch because of loadouts. Just set up a loadout for what you want. Craft what you want at the box, then load the loadout to instantly have everything you want and everything in your Pouch beforehand put away automatically.

Joeynator3000

JaxonH wrote:

I'm not going relic hunting for the 17 remaining relics I have yet to find, not until I've done everything else in the game, crafted every armor set, decoration, weapon and upgrade, arena time, etc. Because throughout the course of playing I may find more I stumble across.

I'm just using a guide or two, although for this relic, they're not helping. Like...am I missing something with these wirebug controls here?

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

VoidofLight

@urrutiap No need to get aggressive or call people names man.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Joeynator3000

@urrutiap Yeah you need to check your attitude...calm down, and censoring yourself doesn't work, you know. I'm very close to banning you.

EDIT: Well never mind, Ant took care of him, alright, moving on.

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Snatcher

@JaxonH that might be a issue, idk I will keep doing both but if it makes rise to easy I might put it down for a bit.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Snatcher

@Joeynator3000 Wait what??? what do you mean took care of him Like banned?

JaxonH

@DarthNocturnal
I saw a Reddit post about it, but honestly, board games aren’t really my thing. Even as a collector item. I’ve also heard they’re not that good. The company that’s doing it also did a Dark Souls board game I think? Anyways, I’m glad to see it exist, but ya, it’s not really my style.

I use a loadout for the following:

LR Hunt
LR Capture
HR Hunt
HR Capture
Full Spread
HR [monster specific loadouts inserted here].

JaxonH

@Snatcher
He means, he took care of him. He’s sleeping with the whetfishes now.

Snatcher

@JaxonH He needed to go, after I saw how he was acting to that dude (Who just asking what we think of the monster) I was done, and I was ready to show him a thing or two, well was LOL. I never heard of the monster till rise, and this will be my first time fighting him.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic