Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 2,461 to 2,480 of 4,706

Joeynator3000

@Snatcher it basically causes "mounting damage", but if it's the target monster that has already been mounted...then there's a chance that the spider won't work on it.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

JaxonH

Got another one

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Mountain_Man

I haven't played a ton, so I'm behind a lot of people in this thread, but I'm still really enjoying it. Played the first rampage mission last night. I was sort of dreading it based on some of the things I've read, but I found it surprisingly easy. Firing a turret myself wasn't particularly compelling, so I set all the defenses on automatic and attacked with my weapon which apparently does HUGE damage in rampage mode. But generally, I've not hit to many difficulty brick walls. Some monsters are tougher than others, but in solo, I've not encountered one where I'm struggling to beat it before the timer.

The Mountain Man

JaxonH

@Mountain_Man
Attacking with your weapon only does huge damage when the Counter Signal has been fired (can also manually ring the gong to fire Counter Signal once per rampage, but it doesn’t last as long). When you don’t have a counter signal active, you are much better off using the Hunting Installations.

Besides setting bombs on the ground and automatic ballista and cannons, it’s good to get a few manual ballista installations set up along the path the monsters will take. I like to put one on the middle island facing the gate they jump over, then another next to the normal dragonator so I can fire down that long line of walkway after they break the first barrier (and easily use the dragonator when needed), and once I level up the stronghold and unlock the wyvern fire artillery- I don’t immediately use it until I’m between hordes and have time to set them up. It’s automatic, BUT, you have to manually aim it to get it pointed where you want, otherwise it’ll just be randomly pointing the red laser toward the ground and won’t really do much good. When the monsters get through the second barrier and the only thing left is the final gate, or before the final horde when I have time, I go set up wyvern fire artillery on the final hunting installation by the gate and aim it across the gate where monsters breaking it down would be standing. Then, for the other hunting installation, I set up a manual ballista so I can rip into them myself when they get to that final gate. Also, when you level up the stronghold, you’ll unlock limited time villagers you can use for massive damage. You’ll want to keep the hunting installation on the ground in front of the final gate free of use without assigning bombs, because once the bombs go off you can’t use that hunting installation until it recharges. Better to just leave it empty so that when the monsters get to the final gate, you can run up to that hunting installation and use your special limited time villagers to go postal on the monsters,

As you play more you’ll encounter more difficult rampages, and learning some strategy will be key. Such as, always prioritizing flying monsters with green icons. Use a repel shot on them as soon as possible to drop them out of the sky, otherwise they’re just going to shoot fireballs at you and knock you off your installation. You’ll then want to target blue icon monsters which make a beeline for the gates, and lastly the red icon monsters. Unless a red icon monster is going ham on your hunting installation, in which case it might be worth using a crag shot to the face. Other than that, learn to hold R if you see a fireball coming your way or a monster in a windup attack animation. If you guard with R, it won’t knock you off your installation.

Also, if you see a monster down with red arrow over it, drop whatever you’re doing and go mount them, as that will be your number 1 source of damage available. As soon as the counter gong rings, get off the ballista and go hand to hand combat. And use the dragonators! There’s 2 of them in Area 1. There’s one behind the first barrier, and another that comes up at a 45 degree angle out of the ground in front of the second barrier. The lever is on the side wall platform next to the gate. So if you see a monster attacking your second barrier, wiredash over to the lever and let ‘er rip.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Mountain_Man

Okay, well, apparently the first rampage is a gimme? I don't know. I hope they don't turn into fun-killing difficulty barrier later.

The Mountain Man

urrutiap

whats with other people online for the Gathering Hub arena quests that involve 3 monsters?

Why the hell do the other online players keep raising the damn gate? i know the gate helps to keep one monster with you while the other side of the gate keeps the 2nd/3rd monster away but come on its gettingg annoying when the gate is raised which at a bad time causes everyone to be stuck with TWO freaking monsters in one spot. Such as the Zinogre with the Mitswaterdragon.

Other people when online for Gather Hub stuff, please stop doing that kind of crap. the Japanese players dont pull that kind of crap thank god

urrutiap

Snatcher

@Joeynator3000 But if I were to say at the start of a hunt use the spider on another monster to mount it to the one your hunting, then would it work?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

JaxonH

@Mountain_Man
They’re not. They’re insanely fun- not pushover difficulty but not overly challenging. They’re just right. Same as normal monsters you fight. And just like with normal monsters, if you’re a complete noob at the game and don’t know what you’re doing you’re probably not going to fare that well. Likewise, if you’re a total noob at the rampage and don’t know what you’re doing you probably won’t fare that well. But if you practice a bit and get a handle on the mechanics, they’re no more difficult than any other quest in the game.

@Snatcher
I never waste the puppet spider on another monster, because the other monsters have insanely low thresholds to mount. I just use 2 wirebug attacks and mount them that way. I save the puppet spider for the target monster, which always seems to be more difficult to mount then the other monsters in the map area. But I don’t go out of my way for the puppet spider either unless I end up in its vicinity when collecting spiribirds. Then I’ll go ahead and grab it because why not.

Snatcher

@JaxonH ok so any monster that is not the target monster is more easy to mount?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

BenAV

@Mountain_Man There aren't too many compulsory Rampage quests and most of them are in the Hub so you can complete them in multiplayer without much trouble if you choose. I went through my Hub keys/urgents solo though and the Rampage quests didn't cause me any trouble despite not really knowing what I was doing in them at that point. I tend to find them a bit boring moreso than difficult.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

JaxonH

@Snatcher
They're all pretty easy to mount the first time. Usually 2 good silkbind attacks will put them in a mountable state. I just wiredash into the air and surprise attack to do mount damage. Then follow up with 1-2 silkbind attacks and bam, easy mount. Ride to wherever target monster is and attack.

But ya, I've found the target monster seems to have a higher mount threshold. Multiple silkbind attacks still don't get them in a mountable state. Spider will. But then again, if you ram the other monster you mounted into the target monster with Y, you'll put the target monster in a mountable state. I usually don't do that though because I like attacking, filling the meter and doing a finisher to get all the shiny drops.

I have mounted the target monster twice in one hunt though. First time is relatively fast with silkbind attacks, even if not as easy as non target monsters. Then the puppet spider + silkbind attacks over the rest of the hunt can sometimes get you a 2nd mount, though I'm usually good with just 1.

Whenever 2 monsters fight though, one of them will get put in a mountable state. I always take advantage of that.

urrutiap

I suppose these materials are G rank which well have to wait until the frikkin upcoming DLC update?

Goss Harag bile
Blossom cricket
zinogre jasper

urrutiap

Snatcher

I just got iceborn today so I guess I'm going between two games now.

VoidofLight

@urrutiap If those items are mentioned in the game right now, they're attainable in the game. G rank stuff wouldn't be in the base game at all.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Pho

@urrutiap Nope, just their rare materials. Everything listed is obtainable now

Poyo! <3

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8691-6279 | Nintendo Network ID: xPH03N1Xx86

urrutiap

Then where the fudge do I find blossom crickets in Monster Hunter Rise?

urrutiap

Pho

@urrutiap Use the Argosy and do the buddy bargaining, select insects or mushrooms and you can get it as a bonus item

Poyo! <3

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8691-6279 | Nintendo Network ID: xPH03N1Xx86

Joeynator3000

....Ugh....
Frost Islands Relic 9 is going to make me hate this game before the update happens at this point. T.T

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

JaxonH

I'm not going relic hunting for the 17 remaining relics I have yet to find, not until I've done everything else in the game, crafted every armor set, decoration, weapon and upgrade, arena time, etc. Because throughout the course of playing I may find more I stumble across.

TeeJay

...Meanwhile I just watched a video to find them all cause screw it, lmao.

And lemme tell you now that I've seen where they are, I would never in my life have EVER found most of them naturally, or by searching.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic