Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 2,361 to 2,380 of 4,706

JaxonH

@Ralizah
That's exactly my plan.

I have Royal Ludroth for Switch Axe, and later will add Hunting Horn when I get the mats.

I have Aknosom for Switch Axe.

Basarios for Charge Blade and Hunting Horn.

Got the Magnamalo Layered Armor along with fully upgraded charge blade, Switch axe, and working on the Hunting Horn (ran out of plates and orbs).

I'm going to make Anjanath and Goss Harag (ooh, forgot about him, and Tigrex, and Diablos... there's so many!) for Great Sword. I don't usually play Great Sword, but I had fun with it in the demo. So I want a good set or two for GS. Also going to make his gunlance, which I also don't normally play but enjoyed in the demo.

Will make an evasion Lance set- not sure which one but its on the to do list. Also a good dual blades set. Eventually I want to make a glaive set and of course, a Heavy Bow Gun set. And Long Sword. Probably end up with at least 1 set for every weapon when everything is said and done.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@Giancarlothomaz
As mentioned, you increase Hunter Rank in the Hub, not in the Village. Two separate quest lines. Village is single player only. Hub is single player or multi-player. Hub Quests can only be accepted inside the actual Hub from Minoto, instead of outside from Hinoa. After completing X amount of key Quests, you unlock an urgent. Completing the urgent quest advances your HR level and unlocks the next tier of Quests. You shouldn't go out of your way to increase HR just for the sake of it. Just play the game and it will naturally increase as you progress in the Hub.

As for materials, that's something you need to look up on a wiki. Though I can tell you there's no such thing as Monster Bone G. There's Monster Bone S (small), Monster Bone M (medium) and Monster Bone L (large). Find the material on the wiki, click on it and see where to find it

https://mhrise.kiranico.com/data/items

You can also check you hunter notes in the menu, and check each monster's rewards one by one to see if any give the material you're looking for. You can also keep an eye out for subquests to see if any of them have rewards including the thing you're looking for. Doesn't happen often, but sometimes it does.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

I used to do mixed sets with changing armor pigments. In MH4U I mixed Kushala Daora and Chameleos armor to get my endgame set.

But I've come to appreciate the aesthetic appeal of full sets since then. Once transmog is added in the Ultimate Edition, mixed sets I shall make. But in the meantime, I love the look of a full set. And there's so many good skills you can have now (sets with a DOZEN skills) I feel like there isn't as much of a dire need, unless you just get enjoyment out of strategizing the best possible skills (which, I do too, I just don't want to sacrifice fashion to achieve it anymore)

Mr-Fuggles777

I used to hate mixed sets but with the Magnamalo layer I don't care this time around. I love how that looks when it's on you and the Dog.

With no Power, comes no Responsibility!

My Nintendo: Badger | Nintendo Network ID: SW-7629-6884-5091

Ralizah

@JaxonH I'll probably learn another weapon at some point when I want to get back into the game and need an excuse to do stuff. I'll keep re-rolling talismans once Capcom patches that functionality in the meantime, but, otherwise, my HH and HBG sets are finished.

Layered armor is what you get from the Magnamalo amiibo, right? Sucks sets of layered armors aren't in the full game atm.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Mr-Fuggles777

@Ralizah yeah it's the Amiibo one but you can buy an NFC chip with it on pretty cheap, or they are easy enough to make yourself now the files have been published.

With no Power, comes no Responsibility!

My Nintendo: Badger | Nintendo Network ID: SW-7629-6884-5091

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Yup. And the palico and palamute amiibos give matching Magnamalo armor for them too. And it's different from the in game Magnamalo armor.

Also there's the Deluxe version layered armor which looks fantastic.

But layered armor isn't something we typically get until the Ultimate Edition. MHGU was the first game to have it, and you couldn't transmog until close to the end of G rank. And World also didn't add transmog until Iceborne. It had some DLC and event quest layered armor but, Rise will too I'm sure. The actual transmog system though, usually that's not until G rank.

Playing a new weapon makes it feel like a completely different game. Charge Blade and Switch axe feel so different it's nuts. And Horn. Just completely different experiences.

BTW there's nothing inherently wrong with talismans for the vast majority of people. Its just that a few individuals have realized all the possible tiered combinations repeat. But usually that's thousands of charms later. It would take thousands of hours to get to that point. Unless you're unlucky enough to be on a smaller rotation, which some are. But the smallest I've heard of is 42 charms. If you're not repeating on your 43rd, you're golden.

Snatcher

@JaxonH If I ever get the mangnamalo amiibo then I will think about mixed armor.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

@DomGC Even with it It still kinda looks will mixed.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Snatcher

This dudes a beast Think he can do it? But um he is kinda wasting his time bc this sword is based of the 1,000 fold cranes and legend has it you can get a wish if you fold all 1,000.

Edited on by Snatcher

Joeynator3000

fights Apex Rathian again, has little to no trouble at all
Alright, I can take her...no idea how I failed the first time...
fights her again and starts recording a video, everything goes wrong

...Of course that happens when I record...I still won, but...that was a nightmare. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Snatcher

@Joeynator3000 Man I find that mode hell without people to play with.

Joeynator3000

Eh, it's fine...it does get chaotic towards the end. But, it's doable. I think For Apex Rathian I almost failed since the last gate had about 1 hit left. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

JaxonH

@Snatcher
I doubt it does anything, but you never know.

The Glad Tidings outfit for your cohoot was said to “bring good luck” which immediately made me think, “Poogie... legend of increased drop rates petting the pig... perhaps this outfit increases drop rates?”.

But I doubt we’ll ever truly know. Until then will continue petting our pigs and feeding our owls dressed in decorative garb, hoping against hope it increases that orb drop rate from 3% to 5%

urrutiap

last night anyway i decided to finally interact with the stupid cahoot owl at the village. Petted it a few times and fed it. Man it felt stupid and boring doing that. Plus I had my hunter sit down on one of those benches and did one of the choices to laugh silly and play with some toy flute.

Petting the poogie pig was alot better in the previous games Freedom Unite and Monster Hunter 3/4 and plain Generations

urrutiap

Snatcher

@JaxonH I really miss the poogie But the owl isn't to bad, But did you know they have a nest and if you find it they give you extra stuff?

JaxonH

@Snatcher
Of course. I know every square inch of Kamura. I’ve even gone to the nest so many times I don’t have to climb up the back anymore. I can double wirebug hop to the top all the way from the entrance just from doing it so much and getting efficient at it.

Snatcher

@JaxonH Dang I need to take time and look around.

Pho

@JaxonH I've seen some people repeating as low as every 8 talismans unfortunately

Poyo! <3

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8691-6279 | Nintendo Network ID: xPH03N1Xx86

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic