Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 2,341 to 2,360 of 4,706

Joeynator3000

....I can't tell if this guy is a troll or something...wtf? Jaxon is allowed to take his time with the game, geez...

urrutiap wrote:

Im almost getting bored doing the same easy Village quests over and over.

....Then....do the hub quests?

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Snatcher

@urrutiap Hey I never not once said the word patient I ask is it to long for you.

capcom said the game is unfinished, so would you have wanted to wait for the game or play it now? Oh and btw if your getting so bored playing the quest maybe you can you know stop playing the game and wait for the update later this month, It might fresh'n it up for you, I'm not trying to be rude or any ok I'm just throwing some things that might help make it more fun for you when the update comes around.
And i'm sorry to say this but if your bored of the quest now I don't think 5 to 4 extra monsters is going to do it for you, as to why I think you should play another monster hunter game (Sorry if I missed if you said this already) Again I'm not trying to be rude are anything.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

@Joeynator3000 I totally missed when he said Village quest, I just assumed he meant the hub quest.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

JaxonH

@urrutiap
I'll play and enjoy the game how I like, and if that means making a dozen armor sets, then I'm making a dozen armor sets.

That's the whole point of the game, ya know. Have fun and look good doing it. I will not "stick with 1 or 2". That's missing the entire point of the game.

You play the game how you want, and I'll play the game how I want.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

@TeeJay Ignore button exists for a reason. Just sayin. IRL, you'd just have to put up with people you don't like.

@Snatcher Hunting Horn. I technically have a HBG set as well for flying monsters like Narwa, but I prefer the HH for anything close to the surface. More protective, no ammo, and I just enjoy beating stuff with my medieval guitar more.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Snatcher

@Ralizah Well you see I wanted to get into the hunting horn for when I fight monsters that would work better for blunt weapons, so you got any tips As I have not played it since world and it was my first weapon, I would also like to know what tree your on.

Ulysses

@Ralizah Yeah, I just added him to my ignore list, and thank goodness I did. He's either a troll or miserably whiny.

@Northwind I've just unlocked 5 star in the hub, and I felt like I was the one taking forever! I'm totally up to hunting with you to help you rank up if you want. I still need to make Tetranodon armor and some god-forsaken Rhenoplos, because Capcom hates Pierce gunners apparently.

I'm starting to feel a little bit weak in High Rank without dedicated mixed sets, so... I might start making at least a few pieces now that I should be able to mix in Shot Up Lv3.

Edited on by Ulysses

Ulysses

Snatcher

I have yet to do mixed sets bc There is no good layered armor yet, so maybe in updates when the full game is ready and i'm going to need more powerful sets (Mixed sets), but for now I'm good with my Rajing set.

Ralizah

@Snatcher As I understand it, the HH in Rise is so different it's almost like a different weapon now. It's actually my first time with the weapon.

Anyway, I'm using the final weapon on the Spio tree, Webbed Corruption. Its skill spread is 'Health Recovery + Antidote/Defense Up/Affinity Up.' I primarily look at the songs I like when deciding on a weapon (some people recommend choosing horns that maximize DPS, but that defeats the purpose of the weapon in my mind). I used to main a HH that gave me earplugs, but I've transitioned to using equipment that naturally supplies me with those.

Anyway, as for tips...

1) In terms of Switch Skills, I find Melody Mode: Performance, which allows you to play songs by pressing the same button twice to be really useful.

2) On that note, I try to always make sure my songs are active. I can be hyper-aggressive at the same time, as the same buttons used to activate songs are also used to attack. Don't feel like you need to run away from the monster to activate your buffs.

3) I've made activating the Magnificent Trio the basis around my attack pattern. Basically, if you engage in your three different base attacks consecutively (X, A, X+A, in any order), you'll unlock a special attack that'll see you twirl around and do massive damage to the monster if it stays in place momentarily. It also re-activates all three songs at once.

4) A meter will fill up as you fight the monster. Once it maxes out, if you press ZR after using a Magnificent Trio attack, you can activate something called an Infernal Beat that also does quite a bit of damage. It's very low-range, though, so don't activate it unless the monster is still very near where he was when you started attacking him, because whether you hit him or not, the meter goes back to zero after activation.

5) Don't forget to use ZR to activate self-improvement. It's easy to forget about.

6) Earthshaker (one of your silkbind moves) is great for knocking out the monster and/or breaking body parts, but it's tremendously slow, so don't use it unless you think the monster will stand in the same spot for a few seconds.

7) It's best to spec for skills that align nicely with blunt damage weapons. I thought about going for a stun build, but decided on emphasizing other skills more.

Here's what my skill spread ended up looking like for my hunter:

Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by Ralizah

alpacatears

@JaxonH I do like the idea of pushing to obtain each piece of armor. It gives your hunts a nice focus and I imagine that by the end of it, you'll have all the materials you could ever need to farm talismans

alpacatears

Snatcher

@Ralizah Thanks I will keep all of this in mind when I try this weapon again, This was very helpful and all this talk about mixed sets to build around your main weapon Makes me want to give it a go, I mainly main long sword so I need to try build around that, another thing I need to do is take time to start making build bc I switch weapons every now and then, right now I'm trying to learn Great sword and HH is next on my list.

Snatcher

@alpacatears We should follow him and also go for all the armor sets.

Ulysses

@Snatcher I agree with @JaxonH. I love wearing full sets, especially with their corresponding weapon. Just like in the demo's and the official promo's, there's just something really fun about sporting the full set with its corresponding weapon. End game be forked. With that said, I'll take dedicated sets into Apex and Elder quests once they begin dropping, but for now, I feel like 95% of the game can be played for fun rather than for the meta.

Ulysses

Snatcher

@Ulysses I totally agree, this just give us time to get fully used to the game till they start dropping the hard quest.

Ralizah

@Snatcher Ideally, you'd have a different set of armor spec'd to each weapon. Longswords and Hunting Horns have their own strengths and weaknesses.

Giancarlothomaz

@urrutiap my new favorite Monster Hunter Rise monster so far is Aknasom and Bishaten, my Hunter Rank is still 1, why is not rising yet?i just hunted Tetranadon for the second time to unlock the subcamp of Sandy Plains, and now trying to unlock the final subcamps of the game at Lava Cavern, where i can find Monster Bone Large?

Edited on by Giancarlothomaz

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

alpacatears

@Giancarlothomaz Your hunter rank is tied to the Main hub quests. There's usually a handful of Key missions highlighted and you complete a specific number of these and then get an urgent quest. You complete this and then you get to the next rank

alpacatears

urrutiap

Why dont you ask JaxonH. He seems to be the frikkin expert

Giancarlothomaz wrote:

@urrutiap my new favorite Monster Hunter Rise monster so far is Aknasom and Bishaten, my Hunter Rank is still 1, why is not rising yet?i just hunted Tetranadon for the second time to unlock the subcamp of Sandy Plains, and now trying to unlock the final subcamps of the game at Lava Cavern, where i can find Monster Bone Large?

urrutiap

JaxonH

@urrutiap
Alright that's enough. To the ignore list you go.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic