Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 2,381 to 2,400 of 4,706

TeeJay

@Ralizah Honestly I forgot that was a thing, considering how little I use this place nowadays outside of this thread lol.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

JaxonH

@xPH03N1Xx86
Don't think that's correct. Arrekz and Gaijin Hunter reported 42 is the lowest possible number, and even that is exceptionally rare, to the point only a few people in the entire community had encountered it. Not saying there isn't a chance that's wrong, but I suspect there's a higher probability whoever is claiming that is mistaken, for whatever reason. And if it's not, it's going to even even more rare to the point the odds of it happening to you are virtually nill.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Pho

@JaxonH In his video about it he shows a clip from a user stating they've been getting it every 8, about 40 seconds in. Unless he followed that up after in a different video, I don't watch his stuff often. Not a bug I'm worried about particularly, I'm sure itll be fixed soon enough

Poyo! <3

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8691-6279 | Nintendo Network ID: xPH03N1Xx86

JaxonH

I’m really surprised at how fun they made all the monsters in Rise.

Take Basarios, for example. Basarios is the juvenile form of Gravios, One of the most despised monsters in the entire series, perhaps save for the piscine wyverns (which I’ll get to in a second). Basarios was universally regarded as a bottom tier monster in MH4U. And when he was revealed for Rise, there wasn’t too much excitement, although people did note he looked a lot better with the glow up.

But my goodness, Basarios is one of my absolute favorite monsters in the game. It’s such a good fight! He’s such a good monster now. They did Basarios justice. And he’s not the only one.

Look at Juyrutodus. Perhaps THE most disliked monster in World. Panned across the board. At his reveal, the only response I saw was, “but why”. And yet... they totally redeemed Juyrutodus. I think part of it is putting him in a water setting where it’s shallow enough that it doesn’t slow your movement down, but also just making him stronger. Most people regarded him as a Great Jagras type punching bag in World. But no more. They locked him to high rank, and an urgent quest at that. And he was super fun! I won’t go so far as to say he’s one of my favorite monsters, but he’s definitely not one of my least favorites, that’s for sure. And coming from where he was before, that’s a pretty big leap forward.

Even Arzuros, which, I think most people liked Arzuros already, not because the fight is difficult, because it’s not, because he’s a cute Honeybear. But even the Arzuros fight got a glow up. I was surprised at the fact he was knocking me on my butt so much in the demo. I wasn’t used to that from him. They actually made his fight a lot more interesting, and don’t even get me started on the Apex variant. Muah!

It seems as if they really went all out ensuring every monster in this game is a good fight, and brings something to the table. I can’t think of a single monster I dislike.

Btw, now that I’m in HR6, I ran into an Anjanath when on a small monster quest in Lava Caverns, and casually decided I would try to break his face for some break rewards... oh boy. Let’s just say I came within a tale swipe of carting not once, but twice. And that was in fully upgraded Basarios armor with full Defense +7 skill! I was shocked!

Then I fought Zinogre... in my Royal Ludroth gear... Ya. I carted. And that was with Defense +7 gemmed in. I can’t imagine how hard that fight would’ve been if I hadn’t gemmed in Defense. That’s when I realized I have arrived. I’m there.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Joeynator3000

A lot of monsters in World were mostly pushovers, I even felt like the flagship didn't put up much of a fight for me. Not to mention the freakin' AI, Barroth suffered from this greatly...
shakes mud off body when has no mud
"Where's my mud? I don't have any?"
...Yeah, it was cute, until he did it ten bajillion times and, yeah...he was super easy.

In Rise, I have not seen him do this AT ALL. By the time most of his mud was gone he was already moving to cover back up.

In addition to the pushover thing, there were a few more annoyances that caused me to give up on that game multiple times. Monsters were cowards, they ran away WAAAAAAY too much, I still remember my first Tzitzi (or however you spell his name, lol) fight, he runs away and climbs up a bunch of cliffs (this was at the Coral Highlands, so, yeah.. lol) and makes it to his nest, once I got to him and woke him up with an attack, he IMMEDIATELY went back to the previous area. I followed, made it to him and right when I attacked....he went right back to his nest.....back up the cliffs....again. Then there's was my first experience with Banbaro...it was similar except the chase was way longer because of Hoarfrost's massive size....speaking of.

Map sizes...way too large and complicated. Moving on, lol

Monster roars, I think I noticed why they did this, they would roar constantly when another monster appeared, the other monster would roar. They also roared when they would run away (meaning they would do this a lot, lol)...it...was...ANNOYING. Especially when most of them were the quick ones that would constantly stun you before your weapon hits.

....I could talk about it more, but...yeah. Rise is like World....BUT FIXES all of the issues I had with World.

...Also Rise's new monsters I just like in general, all of them...even if I hate giant spiders...
Some of World's monsters felt underwhelming to me, and Anjanath was annoying, but thankfully they also fixed him in Rise. Man, that constant puff of fire after every attack....Even when blocking, he would still cause fireblight. It wasn't fun, it was just annoying. lol

EDIT: Oh yeah, the other thing that bugged me in World...Some of the attacks were unblockable, that should've been blockable. Rathalos was a perfect example of this, I get that some attacks out there can't be blocked, but a simple claw attack from Rathalos should be blockable. Instead he just constantly trips me over, picks me up, and tosses me somewhere.

Even Rise fixed this, although there are still some attacks that has this issue, but they're less annoying. They're also less frequent, so, eh.

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Snatcher

@JaxonH I had fun with all of (I hate that horned demon). back in world I never used demon drugs or armor skins I found them very cheaty and still do I mean do they count as cheating, they sure made hunts better but I just have this guilt so I can't feel right wile using it.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

@Joeynator3000 The monsters were hard for me And I never did a hunt on my own, (It was my first MH game) But I sure did hate the weapons, they did not look nearly as good as others I just googled them and man they were a downgrade.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Jrpglover

Man world is the worst monster hunter game imo it's also the only MH game I've played that I've only had a few hrs played time on ( think I got 10-20hrs) I finished the first ending on world and never touched it the constant finding footprints to track a monster was horrible the first time it felt great but after that just no. Rather stick needles in my eyes

The armour & weapons were dull and all looked the same

World although vast in size was shallow and empty in soul & character where as rise has smaller maps but they have far more character to them

Edit I also feel like world was a game produced for the masses but rise was a game produced for the fans maybe that's just me but rise just feels like it was designed more for its fan base rather than to break through to a wider audience

Edited on by Jrpglover

Jrpglover

Joeynator3000

I mean yeah if it's your first MH game then I can see them giving you trouble, I remember my first game (Tri) and Great Jaggi constantly kicking my butt. lol

But in general, I did feel World was easier compared to other games...like the flagships, I felt Nergigante didn't last long for me...it was over before I knew it. Before that there was Valstrax...that quest took me almost the entire 50 minutes. Yeah I was still new to the whole Prowler thing and I was also probably using the wrong element against him, but still.

Then there's Magnamalo, he was in between...I was constantly healing and trying to stay alive, yeah I still won and probably only fainted once (I can't remember, don't feel like watching my video, watching a movie right now, lol)...but he was still putting up more of a fight than World's flagship. xD

Oh yeah the weapons...omg World's stupid weapon designs. Another thing Rise fixes, lol.

Also yeah I didn't like some of World's monsters, yeah I wanted some new Fanged Wyverns already, but they over did it a little...Jagras and Girros...I don't like them, Jagras because he just looks like a dired out/dehydrated Ludroth, lol. Girros I just hate because I hate paralyzing monsters in general. xD

But yeah, Tobi and Odo I'm fine with....was kinda hoping Odo would return here, maybe in the expansion.

Also hoping Paolumu and Legiana will return, would've been better than that stupid mud fish. lol

Also Val Hazak...I don't know why but I liked him...his music, too. (despite World's ost being kinda "meh" to me) Only thing I didn't like was that virus thing, it gets annoying after a while.

More edits: Yeah World was geared more towards western players and newcomers, and focused more on realism. Rise is based more on the older games.

Keep it PG-13-ish.

TeeJay

World got ridiculous near the end though. Honestly @Joeynator3000 I think you have the impression that World is easier because you haven't done Iceborne, and especially Iceborne's end game.

Raging Brachy, Rajang, Alatreon, ug.

Edited on by TeeJay

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Joeynator3000

Yeah I think overall the game was hard for me to stay into it because of difficulty, and by the time I unlocked Glavenus's and Nargacuga's quest I lost interest in the game completely.

I struggled to get to Master Rank because of this, I just felt like I wasn't having fun. And because of the flaws I pointed out before, I was getting more frustrated and not liking the game even more.
With Rise, I'm having fun, and the frustrations I'm having here are just...normal and common MH frustrations....
LIKE THE STUPID DESIRE SENSOR AND MAGNAMALO'S STUPID PURPLE ORB THING!!!!!!
....cough Eh hem...yeah. lol

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Snatcher

One trade mark about monster hunter is, no not the monsters, The hit boxes LOL.

Snatcher

@TeeJay I heard some scary things about ice born I have yet to get it tho since i'm working on rise.

Edited on by Snatcher

JaxonH

Was watching the latest Hey Jay! Twitch stream for his Rise journey. He finally got to Magnamalo, and ended up double carting lol. Almost triple carted, but managed to pull it off.

Then he fought Anjanath and did a bit better, since he was familiar with him from World and that's his favorite monster I think. But he still struggled. Then came Zinogre, and he got rekt. It was so funny watching him cart, and get swatted out of the air any time he tried using wirebugs. Like, my guy. Stop using them willy nilly and learn to strategize! Swap out that ridiculous rising silkbind attack you don't know how to handle and use the one that closes the gap with the monster, has super armor to go through roars, and ends with a triple whammy of the Switch Axe. Oh the frustrations of being a backseat driver in a hunt from a new-ish player 😀

Edited on by JaxonH

TeeJay

Lmao, that rising slash may look fancy but the super armor move completely outclasses it for sure imo.

JaxonH

@DomGC
Not bad.

Key difference though, is you know how to handle it properly. Hey Jay! on the other hand, clearly does not. He just rises up in the air at random, when the monster isn’t even close, then wonders why the follow up isn’t working pressing X. Like uh, you gotta be in an amped state I’m pretty sure. But he doesn’t get that. So it’s just nonstop rising in the air doing absolutely nothing and then once in a while pulling off the follow up attack, but even then missing the vast majority of the time.

Anyways, it’s good to see the move properly demonstrated by somebody who understands it, which allows me to gauge it better and determine whether it’s actually worth using over the other. Definitely seems viable, but, a lot more situational than the other, which can pretty much be used regularly to close the gap, break through roars and attacks, etc. Finding a good technique to close the gap with weapon drawn is usually a top priority for me. Any weapon with a silkbind that can close that gap and lead right into a combo is going to be hard to top. If it has super armor, even better. Charge Blade also has one too, but no Super armor.

Edited on by JaxonH

TeeJay

@DomGC Seems to me in the case of the Goss Morrag clip that you could have just as easily jumped over that attack with a regular wirefall jump, you didn't really need that move in particular. I mean yeah, again, it LOOKS cool, but I wouldn't slot it in over the incredible usefulness of the other skill for a jump I could always do anyway.

Gonna have to agree with Jax, a move that closes the gap with your weapon drawn while seamlessly allowing you to continue combining is gonna take priority for me, and the super armor while doing so is a big plus.

Edited on by TeeJay

Snatcher

Demon drug and great sword is the most busted thing ever.

Snatcher

@JaxonH Hey um idk if this counts but I never have used demon drugs and armor skins till now, but I feel like its kinda cheating, I mean I'm using great sword and its making it way easy'er to use but that's the thing its easy to use now and When I should have died I'm fine bc of divine blessing and armor skins, so dose it count as cheating or is it something you should do in the game?

Also I wanted to know your thoughts on the free to play game Dauntless.

Joeynator3000

Ugh, screw Magnamalo, the orbs aren't worth it, gonna make me a Mizu weapon for now...
hunts Mizu, gets TWO water orbs in the same hunt
....This game is mocking me...

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic