Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 2,241 to 2,260 of 4,706

Snatcher

@Northwind WORTH IT!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

FattyWhale_42

I think I've found the perfect points route. I had an upsurge of local items (and the food skill), and then it went to mining, then back to local items, then back to mining... then back to local items! xD

I walked away with over 240k points (and probably around a million in ore). (>^_^)>

FattyWhale_42

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430

Joeynator3000

OMG, these stupid Magnamalo orbs...why do you do this to me you stupid desire sensor?! >.<

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Joeynator3000

...The relics are a pain in general...the ultimate easter egg hunt. lol

I feel like I went through the entire Shrine Ruins 100% and..I still got about 3 in there still.
EDIT: I take that back, I'm missing about 5 or 6. >_>

Edited on by Joeynator3000

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Joeynator3000

It was still a pain, sometimes I would make one slightly wrong move and fall off. Also, I apparently never got that one...?

I dunno, I can't remember, I just remember climbing that thing. xD

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Giancarlothomaz

@Joeynator3000 i currently trying to get all 60 relics along with unlocking all 8 subcamps(so far i managed to get 3 relics in Frost Islands and unlock the subcamps of Temple Ruin, Frost Island and today i gonna try unlock unlock the subcamps of Flooded Florest).

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

Snatcher

HMM Maybe I should go for the relics after I do all the quest.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

JaxonH

@TimGibsonPBS
I don't, but that's because they don't have Gyro, wirelsss, and I'm not even sure they have rumble.

Instead, I use Binbok joycon which are wireless, have Gyro, have rumble, etc.

In fact I like these so much I just bought a 2nd pair as backup in case they ever stop selling them.

Binbok Joycon Wide

Binbok Joycon Narrow

The narrow variant is slim enough your Switch still fits into cases like the Satisfye case (which I don’t use the grip but the case is perfect to fit Switch with better joycon). The wider variant is basically like the Hori Split Pad Pro, but with all the features the Hori is missing. Won’t fit into any cases I’m aware of though.

My first pair needed a bit of tweaking for the buttons, but my second pair was perfect out of the box. So I’d say order them and if they’re not perfect, just send back for a replacement. I probably just got a bad pair my first time.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

alpacatears

So I had a bit of a silly moment over the last few days. I usually bring my Palico with me when playing online. I kept noticing that he was wearing a straw hat and I was getting really annoyed thinking there must be a bug or something.
It only dawned on me a few minutes ago that the Palico has the camouflage ability 😂

alpacatears

JaxonH

@TimGibsonPBS
They’re worth it. They really are the near-perfect joycon. Like all 3rd party controllers, they can’t wake Switch up from sleep (but that’s fine because you’re probably using a pro controller when docked anyways, and for tabletop, the system is right there in arm's reach, which you can easily turn on when you set on kickstand or charge stand, and they DO wake the system when attached in handheld mode, but again, this is true for all 3rd party joycon across the board) and there’s no NFC. Aside from that, they have all the features you want while offering a MUCH more ergonomic experience.

And the analog sticks are fantastic. Super high quality, much larger radius of movement, but recessed into the controller so they don’t stick up any higher than normal joycon sticks.

And the grip is just a thin rectangle so it can be easily transported in a case, unlike the bulky official joycon grip. And makes for a VERY comfortable “pro controller” when using the grip.

Also, the RGB lighting looks really cool. You can change the color on each one individually, set to rainbow, breathing, and the rumble has 3 intensity settings.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@alpacatears
Ahhh so that's what that straw basket helmet is. I noticed my palico wearing it quite often too.

Ralizah

@JaxonH So it's a SPP with the missing features? That's nice.

There are cases designed to fit the Switch with a SPP attached. Maybe one of those would work for yours if it's a similar shape.

I don't worry too much about it, because I keep my Lite around for when I want my Switch to be more portable.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

@Ralizah
I actually have the slimmer version which fits in my Satisfye case (and I love that case because it has a spatial compartment beneath where Switch sits that fits a 3DS or Win 2 perfectly, though I don't really use it because I'm always on Switch).

These are the ones I have:

Untitled

If I could get a case that fits the wider, Hori SPP sized variant, I'd probably buy the wider, SPP variant.

Do you have a link to that case by chance?

And ya, I take my Lite to work every day. But on weekends I take my v2 Switch and having these for tabletop makes a world of difference. It feels almost like a real pro controller. If you're gonna use 3rd party joycon, may as well use ones that have all the features you want.

Edited on by JaxonH

JaxonH

@Ralizah
You know what, I did check out that case. Someone on reddit had mentioned it. I remember what turned me off was the button impressions on the front of the case- I understand with the magnetic flip case having two circular bumps for the analogs, but they're circular and don't have giant d-pads embossed outward. I just think it looks tacky. Though I'm sure functionality it's fine. But taking it to work it's like, not sure I want my direct reports seeing me with a case with buttons all over it. Not that I'm ashamed of gaming, but doing it at work isn't something I like to advertise to co-workers.

JaxonH

@Ralizah @TimGibsonPBS
I need to amend my earlier statement.

Forget what I just wrote. I checked their website. BOTH versions had their D-pad improved and BOTH versions now have the wake up function.

Edited on by JaxonH

Ulysses

@Northwind One thing to note is that, like @JaxonH has mentioned in the past, you can alternate wall running with wirebug hanging to replenish each on interchangeably, allowing you to scale as far up a wall as you like. Maybe I'll get around to making a video, but I don't know how to upload it. Maybe I'll finally link my Twitter?

Ulysses

JaxonH

@Ulysses
That’s what I did, was just make a gaming Twitter for posting screenshots and stuff. I can’t stand social media, but it’s useful for sharing vids and stuff. Just hold the capture button, upload to Twitter, then share the link.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic