Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 2,261 to 2,280 of 4,706

JaxonH

@Ulysses
Ya. Twitter’s video quality sucks, but it’s quick and easy to share. This is why I never bought a capture card. I don’t want to deal with the hassle of removing a micro SD card, booting the PC, transferring, uploading to YouTube, etc. If there was an easy way capture cards could auto upload to the cloud, and you could quickly download onto your phone to upload to YT, I might consider it.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

urrutiap

There really a giant snail slug thing that shows up at Frozen Lands in Monster Hunter Rise?

urrutiap

TeeJay

I finally found the giant snail again. Made sure to take a pic this time.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Joeynator3000

Found the fox, too. I think I know where to look for the rare thing in the F. Forest, but after that I've no idea about the other two. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

JaxonH

I found all 5 rare creatures. The one in flooded forest was the last one I found. It was super cool. And the one in Sandy Plains and Lava Caverns. They’re all neat though. My notebook is completely filled out, barring Apex Arzuros who I’ve only fought once, and a few monsters I haven’t fought yet like Rakna Kadaki and the end boss.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ulysses

@Joeynator3000 @TeeJay @JaxonH Are there any rewards for finding the rare creatures, or is it just for fun?

I love how many hidden things there are to find in these maps. Every single map is amazing. Even Frost Islands is beginning to warm up to me, although I still want to see Freedom 2's Mountain Peak reimagined with Rise's map design.

Speaking of reimagining, Misty Peaks and Deserted Isle are still at the top of the list for me for the G Rank expansion.

Edited on by Ulysses

Ulysses

Ralizah

@Ulysses @JaxonH That's all I'll use twitter for. The site is a cesspool, but it's a convenient image/video hosting site for my purposes. Even if, sadly, the videos do get a little garbled in the process.

Oh, and thanks for the recommendation, Jax. I'll heavily consider those joycon the next time I'm in the market for a new Switch controller.

@Giancarlothomaz Go ahead and upgrade your armor once you've found a set you think you'll stick with for a while. Upgrading all of your armor pieces affords a heavy boost in defense.

On that note, ALWAYS have five subquests going.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ralizah

@Ulysses

Right-click, and copy the image address.

post it under the [ img ] tag, like so:

Untitled

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Joeynator3000

@Ulysses I think they're just there for fun, then again with the relics you actually unlock a few things...maybe you get something for finishing the EndemicDex.
...Yes I said EndemicDex, deal with it. xD

Keep it PG-13-ish.

JaxonH

The rare endemic life are just for fun, but if you want to 100% your notebook you'll want to find them and snap pics.

The relics reward you with wooden carvings for your shelves in your room. Kagero the merchant will trade you every few relics you find. Not sure if it's getting a few sequential relics in a row or just every 5 you find or what. But I have 5 wooden carvings after finding a little over 40 of them.

@Ulysses
I mean, it would make chatting handy.

But would it not be better to invest in an Arctis 3 with Bluetooth or even better, an Arctis 9 wireless? Then you could have voice chat via Discord while you play with the audio mixed.

Downside is, not everyone else has one. But I do, and I'm definitely down to chat while hunting if someone else wants to.

Arctis 9 wireless is fully wireless to Switch via dedicated WiFi dongle + Bluetooth to Discord on phone, while Arctis 3 needs to use the headphone jack on Switch + Bluetooth to Discord on phone. But Arctis 3 is only $99. If more people got one we could have more voice chat hunts.

Arctis 3 + Bluetooth

Arctis 9 Wireless

Edited on by JaxonH

Ulysses

@JaxonH Yeah, I mean, I get where you're coming from. Back in high school, my friends loved voice chat as we played Halo 3 and CODMW3 on xbox. And don't get me wrong, I had a lot of fun with them.

But for some reason, Monster Hunter just isn't that kind of experience where I enjoy voice chat during a hunt. Maybe in the future I will be. I've always envisioned a future Monster Hunter (maybe on PS5 with 3D Audio) where I can walk through a bustling guild hall in Minegarde filled with real players, all talking to each other with voice chat.

But for now, I feel the same way as @Ralizah about voice chat. I just kind of prefer the quieter experience with messaging in between hunts. Plus, I still have a lot of nostalgia for the MHTri days where a lot of players had keyboards hooked up and we chatted regularly inside lobbies.

Ulysses

JaxonH

@Ulysses
I've never been into chatting with everyone. Kinda got that bustling chat thing with World, and since the controller camera had a mic (and a lot of people have the camera, plus the controller has a headphone jack, and way more use headsets in general on PS) a lot of randoms would talk, and I didn't know any of them.

But back in my first MH, which was MH3U, my coworker got me into it, and every day we'd talk MH at work for 8 hours then go home and voice chat while we played. Doesn't mean it's constant yapping without peace, just means communicating is easier and conversation would flow naturally as I played.

I loved that experience so much, but since I lost touch with him, and MH4U, MHG and MHGU didn't have voice chat anyways, I've basically spent the last 8 years not reliving that experience, confined to the in game keyboard which is so clumsy and slow I just assume not use it at all. Usually if it's not a preset message I don't bother, unless it's something I really need to say.

But ya, my preference for chat has more been toward people I hunt with regularly rather than randoms. When I played World I just muted myself and everyone else. Aside from this one guy Rex, who me and my bro hunted with so often we eventually just started chatting with him. But that was the exception rather than the rule.

Edited on by JaxonH

JaxonH

@TeeJay
Tomorrow I'm gonna farm the Royal Ludroth armor set. I told myself I had to have that sexy, puffy yellow eskimo suit when I saw it in the demo. Same for the Basarios and Goss Harag and Almudron sets I saw in the demo.

But since we have yet to hunt together, if you're free tomorrow and you don't mind running Ludroth, let's hunt. I may have the set made by the time you're up though. It doesn't require any gems or anything. But I do want to make a few weapons to match it. Even hammer, which I don't even really use. It just looks so good. Already got the Switch Axe. Want the horn too.

Then it's on to the rest of the HR5 quests.

Snatcher

@JaxonH If i'm up I will join I kinda want the set to. But I'm sticking with my rajing set all the way, I think its the best.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Joeynator3000

The stupid desire sensor pretty much killed my mood for this game...I think I'm done...can't even try out Magnamalo's stupid equipment because I need 3 orbs. T.T

It ain't worth it...just give me Chammy already.

Keep it PG-13-ish.

TeeJay

@JaxonH Sounds good! I'll keep an eye out around here and in game whenever I'm up.

My narga Switchaxe may be a bit strong for this so I'll probably either revert back to my poison hammer set or craft a weaker Switchaxe.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

mr_somewhere

@Northwind Looks like a successful run to me! At least compared to what I've been getting. If you've got any tips I am all ears because I'm desperate to find the rest. Still only found 28 of the 60.

Switch ID: SW-5759-3188-0977

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic