Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 2,221 to 2,240 of 4,706

Ralizah

@Snatcher Besides purely cosmetic stuff, the only paid DLC will be the big expansion next year. The other updates adding monsters/event quests/etc. will be free.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Snatcher

@TeeJay I didn't find them that hard to complete saying as how I did them all by myself (For the first time ever in a mh game yay), but I did however go into online yesterday and I found the most annoying insect glaive user ever! He wouldn't stop F**ING TRIPPING ME! he just wouldn't stop every time I would try to get a long sword combo Bam try again? BAM he was so annoying, and ya you can say he didn't know but there was a point in the hunt were we were together side by side and you know what he did, HE keep't on doing it even after he is seeing me tripping, and no he didn't stop when the combo was over he went for another one, Why in the world can't you just attack in the air its like well I don't know, your whole F**Ing thing? and this is why its just better to do it yourself.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

@Ralizah Ok sounds great I can't wait for the monsters this month.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Joeynator3000

...I'm guessing it just feels harder because the monsters have more targets to go after and I just get caught in those attacks. lol

Anyways, I needz food, might go back online later tonight or may just wait till tomorrow or something...but yeah...

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

urrutiap

Thats also how i feel when trying to play online with other people but i swear people as gunners they got crazy where everyone is going nuts on a monster. i can barely get my great sword charages
ready to go when other people keep getting in the way.

Gunners need to learn to tone it down when playing online with others. Next time Ill just stand around doing nothing and let the stupid gunners or anyone else get carted to teach the a lesson.

i get tired of it once in awhile

Snatcher wrote:

@TeeJay I didn't find them that hard to complete saying as how I did them all by myself (For the first time ever in a mh game yay), but I did however go into online yesterday and I found the most annoying insect glaive user ever! He wouldn't stop F**ING TRIPPING ME! he just wouldn't stop every time I would try to get a long sword combo Bam try again? BAM he was so annoying, and ya you can say he didn't know but there was a point in the hunt were we were together side by side and you know what he did, HE keep't on doing it even after he is seeing me tripping, and no he didn't stop when the combo was over he went for another one, Why in the world can't you just attack in the air its like well I don't know, your whole F**Ing thing? and this is why its just better to do it yourself.

urrutiap

TeeJay

@urrutiap @Snatcher I would suggest sparing a level 1 slot for flinch-free when hunting with others online. I know it's annoying and they SHOULD be more aware of the other players when hunting online, but for your own sanity, it really does help a lot.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Snatcher

@TeeJay Great idea I'm doing just that, and luckily my Rajing set can hold a lot of those.

Snatcher

@urrutiap With gunners is a constant laser show.

BenAV

@TeeJay I had to give up one level of speed sharpen for it but it was super worth it, makes all the difference. Online with randoms in Rise feels almost unplayable at times without it.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Snatcher

Now this may sound stupid but I made world so much harder for myself as only when I got rise I thought s only makes move you already have so I thought the decorations that gives you divine blessing only made it better so I thought you needed the ability before you can use it, AAAAAAAAAAAAND Ya I was not very good at MHW three years back, but know I do soooo Uh ya The game is much more fun. (I feel like a idiot)

Joeynator3000

...I don't even know why they left it so where other people can flinch others...like, why can't just the attacks that fling people into the air be the only ones that affect others? At least there we can use that for aerial attacks. lol

Keep it PG-13-ish.

urrutiap

the gem decorations for armor skills are pretty lousy. Especially if you want poison resistance you have to grind and stock up on whatever monster materials.

Pretty soon im gonna go back to playing Freedom Unite, 3 and plain Generations to keep me busy until whenever Capcom releases the end of April/May DLC for Rise for cripes sake

urrutiap

TeeJay

urrutiap wrote:

the gem decorations for armor skills are pretty lousy. Especially if you want poison resistance you have to grind and stock up on whatever monster materials.

Pretty soon im gonna go back to playing Freedom Unite, 3 and plain Generations to keep me busy until whenever Capcom releases the end of April/May DLC for Rise for cripes sake

...What?

If you're trying to say you can't get all the skills you want and choices are limited, I mean...yeah. It's the very beginning of this game's life. Choices are limited rn, not only with no G Rank yet but with many monsters (and their associated skills) not here yet.

It's to be expected.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

JaxonH

TeeJay wrote:

urrutiap wrote:

...What?

If you're trying to say you can't get all the skills you want and choices are limited, I mean...yeah. It's the very beginning of this game's life. Choices are limited rn, not only with no G Rank yet but with many monsters (and their associated skills) not here yet.

It's to be expected.

Ya, I’m not understanding that at all. You have to grind and stock up for poison resistance gems? I’d hardly call 2 wroggi scale + (not even Great Wroggi, just plain old wroggi) “grinding”. I mean, that’s literally how every other game has done it, including Freedom Unite and Generations. Decorations, like everything else in the game, requires monster parts. Complaining you have to use monster parts to craft things you want in Monster Hunter seems... well, like this just isn’t the game for you. Because that’s what the entire game revolves around.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Joeynator3000

I guess the Decos in this game require more parts than usual, but...yeah...MH isn't for you if you're complaining about grinding. lol
...unless the game is GU where you can play as a cat and ignore most mats, lol

Keep it PG-13-ish.

JaxonH

As for tripping, Long Swords are the worst due to wide range of spirit slash combo, but most weapons can trip or interrupt.

One thing to note is who gets priority for certain body parts. If you’re using a cutting weapon, and someone you’re hunting with has a blunt weapon, they get dibs on the head, and you’re on tail chopping duty. Because cutting weapons can’t stun and blunt weapons can’t chop tails. I can’t tell you how many times I see somebody with a cutting weapon go for the head despite someone with a blunt weapon being there already.

Other times, you have a weapon that gets priority for a certain body part and other people consistently attack it anyways. Best to just move to a different area of the monster and attack a different part even if technically you should have dibs. It just makes the hunts go a lot smoother. I get tripped a lot, then I always remember I’m probably tripping other people just as much and not even realizing it. And that helps me calm down and just move to another area of the monster to attack.

But ya, for MP, some of the best skills you can have is flinch free, and if you want your teammates to love you, grab wide-range also, so that every potion you drink heals everyone some. You can always just use life powders or dust of life, but those are limited, you have to have a separate shortcut for, but when everyone has wide range in a hunting party, and every time someone drinks a potion it heals a bit for everyone, it makes hunts go very smoothly.

All that said, I do like the friendly fire mechanic because it’s one more layer of strategy, and one that actually requires coordination and teamwork to overcome. The difference between a pro hunting party and an amateur hunting party can be seen in how they coordinate to avoid tripping each other, how people go for specific body parts depending on their weapon, how people come prepared with wide range and life powders to help their team mates when they’re in a jam and about to faint, etc. that’s part of what makes the game so fun to play.

@Joeynator3000
In MH3U, a Poison Resistance jewel cost x2 wroggi hide. In MHR, a Poison Resistance jewel cost x2 wroggi scale +. I see no difference in amount of parts.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Joeynator3000

Well I meant in general, just noticed that they require more stuff here. shrugs
I dunno, whatever. lol

Keep it PG-13-ish.

urrutiap

well as i recall, in Monster Hunter 3 and 4 there were and still are armor sets that have poison resistance.

But in Rise, you have to really go out and grind grind killing certain monsters for matericals just to make a poison decoration.

Even in Freedom Unite, a Gypceros armor had poison resistance.

also im still ranting here about other online players. If youre a gunner, well watch where youre shooting for cripes sake.

urrutiap

Snatcher

@JaxonH Well when I'm online And I'm a long sword main I do nothing but go for the tail, and blunt users should just go for the head or the feet.

Snatcher

@urrutiap This game is not for you dude.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic