Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 50,681 to 50,700 of 96,476

jedgamesguy

ThanosReXXX wrote:

I can definitely recommend just about anything from Studio Ghibli, if you haven't seen any of those already. Princess Mononoke is required viewing material for all anime fans, surely.

Two other must-watch master pieces are Your Name and Weathering With You. All titles mentioned are full length movies, not series, so you can finish them in no time flat.

@Blooper987 Princess Mononoke was his original recommendation but I'll have you know I was the one that convinced him to watch Your Name Either way watch Princess Mononoke; I'm sure you saw the massive posts I wrote back in February about it. Same with Your Name.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

ogo79

@Tyranexx
i have a lot of freakin boexes
@TheJGG

TheJGG wrote:

Best part is these parties don't hate each other.

nah man, im in my own lane. it takes more energy to hate than it does to love
@bimmy-lee
i will pass yer legacy on
just...leave the leftover peanut butter eggs to mii in yer redneck will. im a simple man.
@ThanosReXXX
well i bought this crap
Untitled
disposable income ftw!

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Anti-Matter

I got bad news from my friend that DDR A20 machine at my local arcade has been removed (sent to Jakarta) due to lack of popularity (nearly nobody played DDR anymore at that place). 😭😭😭
Last time i played DDR A20 Arcade in March 2020 before pandemic.
During pandemic, i couldn't visit game arcade due risk of virus spread so it forced me to build Arcade at home games with their peripherals to play.
Para Para Paradise with its controller, check.
Beatmania IIDX and Pop'n Music with Pop'n Music controller, check.
DDR games on PS1 + PS2 + Wii, check.
DrumMania games on PS2, check.
Keyboardmania PS2 and Martial Beat 1 + 2 PS1 will be next target.
I still have interest with BEMANI games despite their machines are still very niche / obscure for Indonesia Game Arcade (but still popular in Japan, Singapore and other Asia region)
Once my local game arcade stop supporting DDR machines, i will stop visiting their place forever since i only come to their place just for playing DDR Arcade (and other BEMANI games if available). No DDR, No Visit.

Anti-Matter

ogo79

its dangerous to go alone!
take this.
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Sunsy

So today's my birthday. Celebrated with an online game of Spellbreak with friends last night, and got Super Mario 3D World, Crash Bandicoot 4, a Trolls shirt with my favorite character, Poppy, on it, and a few other surprises.

That's cool so far, looking forward to Crash as it's a new game. Keep seeing good things about it.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

jedgamesguy

@Sunsy Really? Happy birthday to you! Fantastic gifts from my point of view, I really hope you enjoy them. Is it a birthday in an increment of five or zero, or is it a filler birthday?

Whichever the case there’s bigger celebrations to be had in the future.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Tyranexx

Eel wrote:

My dad had to replace his phone, and with the new one he got a random feature phone as a gift. Y’know, the ones that still look like it’s 2004, with the number and navigation buttons, a dedicated shortcut to turn the flashlight on, built-in FM radio, snake as the only game, physical music controls that only work when the phone is unlocked.... Everything anyone could ask for in a phone, really.

I, of course, being the adult I am, took it and kept it for myself. And I’m just... Fascinated with how quaint it is. I’ll keep it as the extra emergency phone.

I'd keep it just for the novelty of having Snake. Though my dad would probably appreciate something like this over a modern smartphone. XD

@ogo79 I have plenty of boexes! Need to take a few to recycling actually. Can't have too many options for Solid Snake now.

Also, where do I get my own free cat with a drink promotion?

@Sunsy Happy birthday! Sounds like an awesome haul so far. Don't party too hard now.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

@Tyranexx and it's funny too, Snake doesn't display properly, the score counter overflows and ends up behind the game, so you can't see your score at all.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

jedgamesguy

@Tyranexx We are acquainted, I had him salivating when I mentioned the killer burger stand two minutes from where I live. The burgers they sell there are seriously astounding quality; it's full of flavour and juice. I usually ordered the double jack slider, which was a double patty cheeseburger. Every single time I ate a double jack slider it was just absolutely awful for my digestion. It tasted heavenly, yes, but I was left immobile for thirty minutes after each one. I haven't gone in a month but since I've vowed to order a single burger. As tempting as it is to order a double I don't think I can take it.

Mood's the first sign of degradation and for the most part your grandmother seems to be as right as Reyn for the time being. I can relate to having little patience, though that's only when I'm under extreme stress or exhaustion. I came back an hour ago from a particularly gruelling session of swimming so I'm aching all over. I found myself getting irritable with a few people because I need rest rather soon, but rest is the best medicine (side note, I ended up pulling three muscles in my legs, so I had to waddle out of the pool like a penguin...). But that your grandmother can still drive at ninety-three is, frankly, a miracle. Shows her health is marvellous, so hats off.

A teenage stroke survivor? That's not something exciting at all for said person, I'm glad they survived, and the positive nature of the survival can be replicated here... but I agree, my aunt is extremely lucky. At times she can be very unsavoury though, so I'm glad she's five thousand miles away, as is the rest of my extended family. Long distance seems to suit us better; when I lived in Paris a while back they were visibly disappointed if we didn't fly out once a month to see them. We ended up going over five or six times in four years.

Oh I have disagreements with my extended family a lot. Whenever I make the mistake of discussing anything related to politics one of them ends up having an impassioned delivery of speech. It was funny the first few times but now I stick to discussing it in private with my inner family. Back in 2019 when the UK General Elections happened I was asked every day for three weeks if I thought Boris Johnson was going to win. Every single time I responded with a different variant of; "I don't care but yes,". Politics warp people, and so although I have my own beliefs (not extreme views at all, but just me screaming at the UK government during 2020) I don't like discussing it with anybody.

Thing with anywhere in the Middle East is that we get a lot of sun. A lot. My skin's started to get splotchy even though I regularly apply sun cream. But on the bright side it can allow for some fantastic imagery;

Untitled
Untitled

Well your phrasing is spot-on likewise, Apple devices are perfect for artists, be they musicians, photographers, influencers or otherwise, although I don't know what I'm doing calling influencers artists. Personally I don't like how people sell their perfect lives over the Internet. Nothing is perfect, and these people who have such prim-and-proper lifestyles is fake and disingenuous. It's partly why I don't use social media platforms; people have expressed surprise in the past when I told them I don't use it. That some people make careers and fortunes from taking pictures of themselves and filtering it, is kinda lame. Having said that it's a good way for people to get their name out here if they want to plug their artwork, or... actual photography.

With devices whenever I'm asked to recommend something I never look at the cheapest option, because of course there'll be drawbacks. Medium-range devices are perfect, because there's variety in that you can pick one that does exactly what you want it to do. PCs especially; you could get a work-optimised computer or one with a touch screen for drawing, or one for gaming.

Even though you're a software engineer and not a technician it still makes you qualified to give computer advice and geek out.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

jedgamesguy

ThanosReXXX wrote:

What was up with specifically mentioning me in the text wall-related comment earlier? You might as well have mentioned yourself, seeing as you're no slouch in that department either.

@TheJGG @ThanosReXXX Christ you two are good at writing large amounts of text and still keeping readers engaged. You should be a journalist man, that's some serious credo you got there

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Sunsy

@TheJGG @Tyranexx @Anti-Matter Thanks for the birthday wishes!

BTW, that song was relaxing Anti!

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

MarioVillager92

Just started browsing the PlayStation store on the PS3. There's some games I wanna get before it closes for good! (Mega Man Legends 1 and 2, Hard Corps Uprising, Tomba, Daytona USA) Might go to the PlayStation thread to ask for some more recommendations.

@Tyranexx My reply's as late as the White Rabbit. lol

Oh wow, that's a bit surprising! Just two Mario Kart games that you've played, huh? Not a bad thing, of course. I started with Mario Kart 64. Rainbow Road in MKW is quite tough, I agree...especially the turns you gotta do right before the launching tunnel.

Oh yeah, your grandmother had a birthday recently, right? Tell her I wish her a happy belated one.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Happy birthday! I hope you have a splendid day. Enjoy your gifts.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Thanks, I already have. Started Crash 4, and enjoyed Super Mario 3D World casually earlier. Already played it on Wii U, but now I have a physical copy since my Wii U copy is digital. Will enjoy Bowser's Fury when I have time to myself to fully enjoy it.

ThanosReXXX

@Blooper987 I think that once you start on the Studio Ghibli material, you might become hooked on anime movies...

On a side note: I don't know which type of anime series you're into or not, but here's a couple of my all-time favorites, all kinds of genres: Elfen Lied, Record of Lodoss War, Attack on Titan, Freezing, Berserk, Fist of the North Star, Neon Genesis Evangelion, The Guyver, Macross, Sword Art Online, Full Metal Alchemist, Ninja Scroll.

@bimmy-lee Nope, sorry to say I still have no idea about perler beads. Mind you: could very well be that they're also available here, it's just not something that's widely advertised so I'm supposing it's niche enough that I'd easily overlook it wherever it might be available for purchase.

As for sending the CRT: it's the thought that counts, my friend, and that is highly appreciated.

Still looking to get my hands on a BVM/PVM, which is the best you can get CRT-wise, but currently, I've got other things to take care of, so it's not too high on the list for now.

@Tyranexx I do like riverboats. Or at least: the romantic idea of them, from movies and such. Never actually been on one, but I'd like to one day.

P.S.

What's this I read about you only ever having played two Mario Kart games? Or did I misunderstand? If I didn't, then the conclusion is that you've either missed out big time and/or you might want to play catch up, if you still have the hardware to run them on...

@TheJGG "but I'll have you know I was the one that convinced him to watch Your Name"

Showboat...

All kidding aside, that recommendation is still very much appreciated. Also be sure to mention that I even went so far as to purchase the Blu-ray after having watched it.

ogo79 wrote:

@ThanosReXXX
well i bought this crap

@ogo79 Ah... the old "build your own adventure" thingamajig. Yeah, I only know those in book form, but I imagine either of these options are equally crappy.

Points scored for your latest "it's dangerous" post, though. Made me crack a big smile.

Anti-Matter wrote:

DDR A20 machine at my local arcade has been removed (sent to Jakarta) due to lack of popularity (nearly nobody played DDR anymore at that place).

@Anti-Matter Ah.... best news I read all day. Now you can finally go cold turkey and get rid of your DDR addiction, and start living an adult person's life.

(just pulling your dancing leg, obviously)

@Sunsy Happy Birthday!

TheJGG wrote:

@TheJGG @ThanosReXXX Christ you two are good at writing large amounts of text and still keeping readers engaged. You should be a journalist man, that's some serious credo you got there

@TheJGG I'm both highly empathic AND a sales and marketing professional. I simply KNOW how to trigger and/or keep people engaged. It's like my second nature, you know...

@Zuljaras That's one heck of a nice drawing, once again. But what else is new? All your creations both on or off paper have been pretty solid so far, so I actually dared to expect nothing less from you.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Blooper987

@ThanosReXXX already seen SAO, and I’m planning on watching full metal alchemist brotherhood soon.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic