Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 50,561 to 50,580 of 96,480

Zuljaras

@TheJGG Yes ofc you have to install the games from the disc just like with the PS4/XBOX One. I would hate to go back to the PS3 era where the disc is constantly spinning which results in faster wear and tear (on the disc and the disc drive) + lots of noise!

@VoidofLight I have little more info than you! The Pokemon 2 is releasing in 2321 indeed but it will include only 2 Pokemon as they do not have the time to animate them all by then. So have fun playing with Jynx and Mr. Mime in glorious 4.1K resolution and 31 locked FPS!

Edited on by Zuljaras

VoidofLight

@Zuljaras That's actually amazing. Mr. Mime and Jynx are the two best pokemon, and none shall say otherwise.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Replace Peach with Amy and I'm pre-ordering ASAP!

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

VoidofLight

@Sunsy Peach is next to be executed. It's just going to be a bunch of Sonic characters and Luigi.

jedgamesguy

A dedicated @Tyranexx post since her points are so large.

I didn't take too many photos but the memories are so unbelievably strong. So much so that a few years later I went and did it again. Two years ago actually. It didn't go as well despite my increased strength and experience, I fell ill on the second day [out of five] from altitude sickness. It doesn't matter how fit you are, it's extremely random whether you'll get it or not. Ironically on the third night of the trip, at 4200m I had what I'd argue was one of the most relaxing sleeps in my entire life, despite essentially having a mental breakdown because of how weak I felt, the previous day.

Bizarrely I felt my strength come back when I woke up to summit again, but I got sick again and turned back an hour from the top. I was of course disappointed but I had already made it before. The day we summit, we did, as I mentioned, a fourteen hour walk. Because I turned back, cutting out about two hours of walking, I found myself a bit less tired. Easily the longest day of my life though, it was a very fascinating experience.

Funny you mention Alaska, for fun I took a geography quiz, GeoGuessr, where you look at an image and try to find out where in the world it is. Strangely out of the five images I got, four were in the US, and of those four two were in Alaska. I got both of those off by about eight thousand kilometres, but the mainland US one wasn't too far off. I don't know anything about the US so I forgave myself for that pitiful show. Another was in Thailand and I somehow recognised the language. And the fifth? Hawaii.

Well the thing with Death Stranding performances... they're not just voiced, they're motion-captured. A YouTube video I found showed me Norman Reedus and Mads Mikkelsen fighting against each other all whilst wearing the motion-capture bodysuits and facial cameras. One scene at the end of the game when a character bursts into tears, was literally done by the actor, Tommie Earl Jenkins, so that was absolutely fabulous acting by him.

As for Mads himself... Mads voiced Chick Hicks in the Danish dub of Cars. They changed a lot of stuff for the Cars films based on the country. In the English version of Cars 2 there's a character voiced by NASCAR driver Jeff Gordon, and in many regions his character is replaced with a similar racing celebrity. In Germany it's Sebastian Vettel, in Australia it's Mark Winterbottom (I love that name, legend), in Spain it's Fernando Alonso, in Russia it's Vitaly Petrov. And in Brazil Lewis Hamilton is replaced with Emerson Fittipaldi. Nice cameos but the movie was still trash.

Everyone was interviewed at some point but it's a shame Léa Seydoux didn't give any, I thought her performance was beautiful. She brought controlled subtle raw emotion to her character and her soothing voice was addicting. Could say she... seydouxed me?

Here's the Attack on Titan S01 Opening 2, it's absolutely amazing. I apologise for my lack of diversity with things like adjectives to describe things in a positive light, usually I'd accompany the latter word with a swear; like "effing awesome" but of course anyone could be reading my post! German lyrics rock.

Heard anything by Hiroyuki Sawano?

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

VoidofLight

I remember hearing that Revo composed an opening for Attack on Titan.

Anti-Matter

@MarioLover92
I heard from Barthandelus himself that Mario has turned into Cie'th after he failed his Focus.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Btw, any tips for me to improve my finger skills in playing Beatmania IIDX / Pop'n Music as the way i tap the buttons same like i tap the piano buttons ?
My fingers are still stiff and i still cannot use all my fingers tapping around the buttons like the way peoples typing with keyboard.
I am 36 years old, am i too old to learn finger typing ?
I really want to enjoy playing Rhythm games with typing based skills but i still unable to use all my fingers like pianist.
Please reply me, i don't know if everybody here really hate me because someone asked to ignore my existence here.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Oh, also.
When i read the back cover of BEMANI PS2 games, every games have compatibility with PS2 accesories.
I saw different codes for each PS2 accessories for example:
RU021 = for DrumMania
RU018 = for Guitar Freaks
RU029 / RU038 / CT013 = for Beatmania IIDX
RU034 = for Para Para Paradise
For Dance Dance Revolution PS2 games, the games can only accept controller with type RU017 / RU023 / RU026 / RU031 / RU039

Can someone tell me what is that RUXXX PS2 controller type meaning ?
I tried to find the RU series of PS2 accesories from Google but still haven't found the list of RU series controller and its compatibility with specific games.

I knew my question is very niche but i will appreciate for the help.

Anti-Matter

1UP_MARIO

@Anti-Matter hey anti. I don’t play any rhythm games but I do play the piano and the best tip I can give is practice. Practice is key.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Anti-Matter

@1UP_MARIO
I still cannot typing with all fingers. 😩
I tend to use 1 finger to type.
I have tried following Beatmania IIDX finger positions tips to make playing Beatmania IIDX easier but at my age 36 years old, do you think i was too late to mastering keyboard / piano typing skills ?

Anti-Matter

1UP_MARIO

@Anti-Matter your never too old. Practice and good sleep helps

1UP_MARIO

Recently bought a wireless pad for the Nintendo 64 gone from the tube tv to the big screen.

Untitled

Untitled

NintendoByNature

@1UP_MARIO looks nice. I always like getting tons of different style controllers. Very rarely do I actually use them though.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

My first Switch pro controller is now out of its packaging! I don't dislike the joy-cons, but I've heard that the pro is better for longer gaming sessions overall. I was holding out for the Monster Hunter themed one since it was announced, but (as usual) I unfortunately missed the small pre-order window. Rather than pay way over MSRP for one, I just settled on a normal one. At the end of the day, it's just a design. It won't change my gaming skills or anything!

@Anti-Matter So I've seen.

@MarioLover92 Thanks! I do see the light at the end of the tunnel I think, but we're not quite out of the woods yet! Still some fatigue today, and my skull is successfully staving off a headache so far. My right temple only occasionally nags lol.

I forgot to mention that I also really enjoy how fun and chaotic the cherry power-up is in SM3DW! I do need to revisit Super Mario 3D Land; I agree that it isn't as good as World, but it's still a very decent game that makes good use of the 3D effect. It was my first 3DS game actually; I bought the OG red 3DS holiday bundle that shipped with a physical copy of the game back in very early 2012. I wanted the Zelda bundle, but unfortunately my broke college butt couldn't pony up enough funds before it permanently went out of stock.

@TheJGG Ah, so the new Tomb Raider games serve as prequels? I was under the impression it was a series reboot. Though I admittedly haven't paid much attention due to the games not falling on platforms I frequent. I'd support her getting in Smash for sure! Though I could see some complaining about her being a female Solid Snake swap or something ridiculous like that lol.

Man, I really dislike altitude sickness. I wonder if it wouldn't be as bad if my lungs were more adjusted to higher elevations, but as you mentioned I've heard that adaptation and fitness don't often matter. That's a bummer you had to turn back before reaching the summit the last time, but that's completely understandable. Plus, you certainly have more memories!

I find mountains fascinating, in part because I don't live anywhere close to any. I don't think I'd like to live ON one, but it would be very cool to have such a view to wake up to every day. The terrain where I am is relatively flat (outside of small glacial features) until you get down into creek and river bottoms. I live in an odd transition area that narrowly escaped being covered by a glacier in the last ice age, but the terrain wasn't so lucky in regards to a previous one.

Now I'm tempted to try out GeoGuessr; I like geography and am curious to see how I'd do! I also have an odd fascination with maps; as a kid, I'd often pull out our road atlas and check out where we were going, what state we were in, look for any cool names or features, etc. Before smartphone and GPS technology was fully accessible. XD

Ah, so there IS motion capture at play with Death Stranding? I know that's increasingly common with larger AAA games these days. It's one of the reasons why I want to eventually grab Hellblade: Sinua's Sacrifice on the Switch. Though that likely isn't up to the levels of the former.

Ah, so Mads did a voice in the Danish dub. No wonder I never recognized it. That's a cool fact about the various changes that I didn't know about. I have seen Cars 2. Didn't dislike it, but it felt...unnecessary? I liked some of the animation, but the plot was all over the place. Haven't seen the third movie yet; heck, I just finally watched Cars 2 about a year ago.

On that Attack On Titan second opening: Rapidly mashes Like button Agreed on the German lyrics! That's a language I do have some familiarity with. I took it as my foreign language in high school and learned quite a lot, but I'm by no means fluent lol. Starting to lose some of it, unfortunately.

@ VoidofLight That's gotta be an April Fools prank. No way they'd paywall E3.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Sunsy

@VoidofLight Welp, rest in peaches Peach I'd guess.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

1UP_MARIO

@NintendoByNature Ive always wanted a official wireless nintemdo 64 controller. This is close enough. It feels more modern and I feel confident that no one will step on the extension cord for the controller. A great controller from retro fighters.

MarioVillager92

@Anti-Matter Yeah, I don't think many of us in this thread (including myself) have even touched Beatmania...I never even heard of it until recently. It's really because it's an obscure game, especially today. I'm nowhere near as big a fan of rhythm games as you, they're not really my thing (but I do like Rhythm Heaven!) as I'm more into platformers, adventure games, racing games, and RPGs. We all have differing likes and dislikes, after all. With that said, if you enjoy these kind of games, more power to you.

I agree with 1UP_MARIO, although I never played Beatmania IIDX, you're gonna want to practice and you're never too old for that. When I first played hard games like Lost Levels and Cuphead, I lost many lives, but I persisted until I beat that level/boss! And in Sonic 1 and 2, it took me a while to finish Marble Zone and Chemical Plant Zone from their respective games (both are the second zones in those two games). Heck, it took me a long, LONG time to beat the first boss in Alien Soldier. As for the RUXXX controllers, I have no idea. They sound like specialized controllers for the games you've mentioned.

@1UP_MARIO That controller looks cool. Does that use Bluetooth? I was considering getting one of those controllers for a while, since the regular N64 controller is...not my ideal way to play games.

@Tyranexx I love the Double Cherry as well! It's a fun power-up and when it's combined with the Fire Flower, you can get rid of a ton of enemies with the many fireballs you throw. I like to think of 3D Land as the real start of the 3DS - its actual launch wasn't really that good, and by the time it came out, we already had stuff like Ocarina of Time 3D, with Mario Kart 7 coming just a month later. I have the red New 3DS XL and it looks really nice. I still have the regular red 3DS XL too, but I wish it had red on the inside. Red's my favorite color and I like having red handhelds, lol. I even went ahead and got the Mario red joy-cons for my Switch a year or two ago!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

1UP_MARIO

@MarioLover92 2.4ghz wireless. Works great it’s from retrofighters brawler 64

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic