Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 50,541 to 50,560 of 96,558

jedgamesguy

@Anti-Matter Well... I had to scroll past them to see your comment to Eel, to reply in the first place. So... yes, I saw it.

Seems Konami has a stranglehold on the rhythm game industry. Or rather they did... ten years ago, I have legitimately no idea what it's like now, what with series' such as Guitar Hero, Rock Band, and Just Dance. One of my first games I ever played was Just Dance so there is a nice quality to it. I've grown out of mainstream music though, so I doubt I'll get another.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

jedgamesguy

Zuljaras wrote:

@TheJGG As you can see for yourself sometimes talking to Anti is like talking to a really bad written bot for promoting only specific things. No matter what you write it will not be taken into consideration.

@Zuljaras What can't'ja do? I'm not gonna stamp out Anti's passion for the game, especially considering he's literally the only user on the site who has such fervent passion for Konami and Bemani. But yes, I sympathise.

I want to try doing it; unnaturally steering the conversation back to my own interests, but I don't control people, and I don't want to. If people like my posts, and from what I've seen, a number of people do, they'll respond and develop the prompt. And for the most part that's how I've liked it here

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

TOUGHDUDE94

Just think what today is April 1st
Bayo 3 and metriod 4 get canceled

Edited on by TOUGHDUDE94

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

Zuljaras

@TheJGG "unnaturally steering the conversation back to my own interests, but I don't control people, and I don't want to."

I don't believe you! You are some kind of puppet master with mind control techniques ... so you are playing the Tomb Raider saga. How far are you in the games?

jedgamesguy

@Zuljaras It may be April Fools but I assure you I'm not joking, I prefer organic flowing conversations rather than attention seeking, which is what I've seen at times.

I started the first Tomb Raider yesterday and played it again today, and it's a really fun experience. Because of how often I've played Ghost of Tsushima in the last two weeks I subconsciously make many comparisons between the games while playing Tomb Raider.

For example I'd think; why can't you stealth kill easily in Tomb Raider? because it's relatively easy in Ghost. The field actions like ducking through tunnels, feel very tailor made for each scene and don't feel unnatural or stiff. And Lara herself come across very well fleshed out. It may sound off but I like her vulnerability. It contrasts her physical strength and I imagine will make her overcoming said weaknesses very rewarding.

Of course Lara is English, that I always knew, but my mind kept assigning her a voice like Aloy's whenever I saw her. So it's refreshing to hear Camilla Luddington's Queen's English instead of Ashly Burch's tried-and-true neutral American English.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Zuljaras

@TheJGG Well I was trying to joke but apparently it did not work

As for Lara it was a little strange how she was very distressed after killing her first human but after that he was like a terminator slaughtering everyone by very imaginative ways. I mean she was liking it!

But again this is an action game and it is killed or be killed. Still it was creepy and funny how it turned out after the first "accidental" kill

Anti-Matter

@TheJGG
Looks like you didn't even have any interest with Japanese things.
I really grew up with quirky Japanese things such as DDR, Bishi Bashi, DrumMania, Para Para Paradise, etc so i never have interest with Western things such as Just Dance, Guitar Hero, Rock Band, etc because i don't even like Western musics like that especially mainstream songs. Just Big No No for me.
If you try to listen the songs from BEMANI games, you will understand why did i like songs such as AFRONOVA, MAX 300, Star Field, Denpasar, Gamelan de Couple, Paranoia Survivor MAX, etc. because they are very catchy songs unlike mainstream Western songs. BEMANI musics are mostly lively, different, out of the box, they are my new religion. I listen to them every day.
If you want to know about future BEMANI games, i will tell you. Konami is still making their Rhythm games on Arcade, including DDR A20+, Beatmania IIDX 28 Bistrover (you literally saw my Beatmania IIDX 27 HEROIC VERSE avatar last time), Gitadora NEX+STAGE, etc. Try to watch from Youtube and you will understand BEMANI games are still exist until today.

Btw, just ignore Zuljaras.
He just jealous to see i am different people here with very unusual / unique interest.
He didn't even understand how deep my interest with such games or things like that.
He always thought my interest are crap and boring.
I don't even like his presence here.
He said just now about me that i was like a bad programmed bot ??
Do shut up his mouth.

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

Well... may as well answer both sides in one go.

@Zuljaras Don't worry, your joke was intercepted loud and clear! The puppet strings are very thin I'll have you know. And it's a shame Lara's development seemingly ends there, because it would have been interesting to see how she treats her first kill compared to her second. And so on.

Ghost of Tsushima handles it rather well; Jin knows what he's doing (stealth kills, poisoning) is wrong but he vows to only use these tricks on Mongols. The struggle between what his inner truth says and what the samurai in him says, is very interesting.

I mean, Lara already killed two guys indirectly so why should the direct kill feel like a new revelation?

@Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter wrote:

@TheJGG
Looks like you didn't even have any interest with Japanese things.
I really grew up with quirky Japanese things such as DDR, Bishi Bashi, DrumMania, Para Para Paradise, etc so i never have interest with Western things such as Just Dance, Guitar Hero, Rock Band, etc because i don't even like Western musics like that especially mainstream songs. Just Big No No for me.

If you've read even a fraction of my forum posts across this site you'd know that I love Japanese video games, anime and culture. Half the games I play are JRPGs after all. Plus, Nintendo... is Japanese, so... why would I have zero interest in Japanese things?

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

BabyYoda71

@TheJGG I have a random question: What is your favourite JRPG on Switch? There’s a few that look interesting to me and I like getting other people’s opinions.

Edited on by BabyYoda71

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Anti-Matter

@TheJGG
I never get direct feedback from my question when you replied me back.
The whole sentences i was explained about BEMANI games and other things, you didn't get into conversations.
It was i talked to you but i got disconnected answers.
I really frustrated to find someone who can get connected with my interest when i started to explain the detail of my interest things.
I think when i talk about BEMANI games again, you just don't want to hear any names from them, not even get into my conversations.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

Damn, @BabyYoda71 that's a good question. As far as exclusives go you can't get much better than Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Dragon Quest XI is a very good multiplatform RPG that easily can be compared with Xenoblade, with a really bright colour scheme, charming graphics and voiceover.

Final Fantasy XII is decent (haven't finished it yet), but Final Fantasy X is very good too.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

jedgamesguy

@Zuljaras No problem! As far as primary consoles go, I have a Switch, a PS4 and a PS5. I have a laptop fast enough for gaming but I don't play on it, I just store files. I also have a Wii U and a 3DS but I don't use them at all now.

I generally use the PS5 to play PS4 games now, since there aren't many games on PS5 at the moment that have my attention. The ones that do... haven't come out yet! But using the PS5 Game Boost on titles such as Ghost of Tsushima, make them extremely enjoyable compared to on PS4. Select titles like those get performance boosts.

Ghost of Tsushima runs at 1080p locked 30fps on the base and PS4 Pro models, but it can run at dynamic 4K at 60 frames per second on PS5 so there's good margins to be found.

And as for how I choose between platforms for multi-plat games... it's relatively impulsive. It depends on how big the game is in honesty I don't mind things like frame rate dips and lower resolution despite having such a powerful console. Exclusive games from first party studios take maximum advantage of the hardware of course, so third party games are exceptions.

I got Persona 5 Strikers on Switch despite slight framerate dips and locked 30FPS, (problems that don't exist on PS5) so that's a paramount example.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Zuljaras

@TheJGG Awesome! I love the fact that the PS5 can play PS4 games just from the disc. I watched videos (as I do not own a PS5) that it only needs a system update to do that.

I also plan on getting GoT, it looks awesome!

Framerate issue are no problem for me as long as the game is playable and 4K is NOT a must have as well. The gameplay/immersion is what matters the most.

MarioVillager92

Hey guys, my uncle works at Nintendo of America and he told me that all the next Mario platformers are going to have Sonic as the main character. Yep, Sega gave them permission to use Sonic! The guys at Nintendo admitted that yep, Genesis does what Nintendon't - I guess Mario really is donezo.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

MarioVillager92

@Zuljaras Yeah, he's replaced with Tails.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

VoidofLight

@MarioLover92 My Nintendo works at my Grandpa. It told me that Pokemon 2 is releasing summer of 2321.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

jedgamesguy

@Zuljaras I wouldn't have it any other way. As far as I know you can't play them straight off the disc, you'd have to install the game first. I hope I'm wrong, it'll save tons of space in the long run.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic