Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 50,441 to 50,460 of 96,531

Tyranexx

@BruceCM I also had a couple marks from that line. Those smarted a bit. XD

@TheJGG It honestly wouldn't surprise me if I eventually need knee replacements; not only does it seem to be a common family trend past a certain age, but I'm sure my previous trauma will mean I'll deal with arthritis. Hopefully not for a long while!

I never did Girl Scouts or anything (Those cookies are overpriced anyway. ), but I did go to a summer children's camp for several years. It was almost two hours away from where I grew up. It wasn't tent camping though; there were bathroom/shower facilities, a cafeteria, and cabins for all the campers. No AC though, and we had help clean out the cabins for the next crew and bring our own bedding.There were activities to constantly keep us busy during the few days to a week that we were there. I made a few friends there, but I can't say I ever became close with any of them. I went until I was in high school. The high school week tended to clash with around the time my family typically went on vacation as well as a couple of local fairs, so I couldn't go.

You seem very well traveled! I like reading your stories. I'd like to make it to some other countries as well (post-pandemic). Unfortunately, a lot of travel off the continent gets pretty expensive in my experience. I've been out of the country once, but I was fairly young and don't recall much of the experience. We went on a short cruise from Florida to Nassau in the Bahamas and back. I remember a little of the excursion, but not a lot! Eight years old was a long time ago. We went into the lobby of some kind of hotel and I remember absolutely loving the aquarium inside. We took a local tour of some of the area too; I only vaguely remember that things looked very different from back home! Definitely a great experience, albeit a very foggy one.

On movies: I can definitely pick up on some things that some other members of the audience cannot, though I don't pretend I'm always the most perceptive person in the room. XD Some people like to smack the second Fantastic Beasts movie, and I agree it isn't perfect. But it's clearly meant to help set up plot for later movies, so IMO some things that people were complaining about (such as Queenie being won over by Grindelwald's words) made perfect sense to me.

Future Connected definitely added some wonderful tracks to the XC universe. I'm also pretty fond of many of the tracks there, and I daresay your ranking matches my own. I'd dump the Final Battle/Fog King track a bit lower to be honest, but it isn't bad by any means. It just takes a bit to get going.

I hadn't heard Tantal - Night yet in my YT wanderings. Another decent track! I think I know what game's soundtrack I'll be diving into at work tomorrow....

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

BruceCM

Been listening to the other tracks in that folder, too, @TheJGG ..... The ones I'm familiar with sound pretty good, so I'd imagine the others are as well

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

jedgamesguy

@BruceCM Thank you for the praise, from the people that have listened it's been near-unanimous, so I'm happy it's a worthwhile thing to do. I placed my best ones in, not necessarily to not dilute the experience, but more because those are more indicative of my skill.

Have a favourite out of the ones you've heard?

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

ogo79

its dangerous to go alone!
take this.
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Magician

Just watching roleplayers get their roleplay on.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Anti-Matter

Yaaay...!!!
I have beaten Orphan from Final Fantasy XIII PS3. 😀😀😀
That was really hard but Orphan form 2 was quite easy.
But even i have finished FF XIII storyline, i still consider FF XIII as one of the worst Final Fantasy games i have ever played in term of linearity, gargantuan HP of enemies, hard to earn money by normal way, etc despite the Bosses design was cool in my opinion. 🤔

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

Well being careful will do everyone a favour @Tyranexx. My family's trademark is... bad teeth and cancer so I have two possible ways I could depart. I did some research and found out my great-great grandfather survived World War 1, only to die of tuberculosis a few weeks later. A truly pathetic way to go but that's how the the chips fall here on Earth.

Yeah, the Scouts was never for me. The social aspect was not nice but the really grounded aspects like fires, camping and hiking were very appealing. It's a shame you didn't make lasting connections but it must have been fun while it lasted for sure. I was a competitive swimmer at the time so I couldn't balance the two in a way that would satisfy both parties. The swimming worked out well, I won 31 medals in eighteen months. Most of the time it was decided by less than a tenth of a second but sometimes I'd hit the zone and pull out a second, maybe two, to second place. As an athlete I have the wrong priorities; I have natural speed but my technique less so.

I've lived in a number of places so getting out of the respective countries was very easy. I'd say that I managed to get out there and do more things than most would, so I can agree that I am well travelled. It's good to see the world and go to all kinds of places, because culture primarily, but also just the feeling of being in another country. Seeing places as self sufficient as your home, with better tech, better governing, architecture, people, or worse.

The Mount Kenya anecdote is a fantastic one. I found this writing piece that I wrote just after it, and after reading it, it speaks better for me than I would now;

TheJGG wrote:

Our mountain hike up to Point Lenana was very enjoyable, but not without challenges. The entire journey was backdropped with breathtaking scenery, exotic flora and fauna, and the outstanding performance by our guide made the experience more enjoyable than we had expected. After the first two days, we had reached Lake Ellis, and went on a necessary acclimatisation walk. The third day included amazing views of the lake we left behind, and eventually, the terrain vastly evolved into an arid, Mojave-style setting. We pitched camp at Minto's Hut, at 4300m, until the next morning, when our guide woke us up at 2:15am. We left at 2:45 and walked to the summit in time for sunrise. Our family were relatively fit, and had walking experience, but we all experienced difficulty breathing, and keeping pace. It doesn't matter if you are fit, acute mountain sickness will still get you.

The journey upwards is physically and mentally demanding, and I don't say this lightly. Upon reaching the summit at 7.00am, it immediately paid off, as this peak is overshadowed by the breathtaking view of nearby peak Nelion (at 5188m). After eating a light breakfast at Shipton's Camp (after descending for three hours), we departed for the Sirimon side, and made camp after fourteen hours of walking, 22km of terrain, at a site 9.4km away from the nearby park gate, where we walked the following day. The tarmac made for an easy surface, which my secondary pair of trainers adjusted to admirably. Overall, this trip was already enjoyable, with scenery, and the journey. But it was made even more interesting with our guide. Our only criticism is that the fourth day (the day we summited) could have been made slightly shorter, provided we had already summited that same day, seeing as how we walked for over sixteen hours that day.

I've been to the US only twice but the last time I went it was very memorable. Of course it was extremely tourist centric but New York was... very good. I'd like to go back to the US, to see a less touristy place, or rather, something different to a city. I've seen New England in the autumn and it looks amazing, so that's an option. Somewhere where I could do a good hike, so I'd assume somewhere around the West Coast. I watched a few Insider videos on American food, and although they were fairly generic choices sometimes the sight made me salivate. Which is ironic because my appetite is extremely small.

I'm very surprised by the Fantastic Beasts plot twist, I always imagined the team was good through and through. But either way I'll definitely look out for the third one, I lauded Mads Mikkelsen's performance in Death Stranding, and believe he has the right levels of derring-do, anguish, and inner torment that Grindelwald has. It's unfortunate that some movies have to be blatant that they're setting up for a franchise, like the post-credits scene for Sonic the Hedgehog. But yeah, Tenet's there and waiting so if you have a list of movies to see (likely fifteen pages long at the moment ) put it there!

And Xenoblade 2's soundtrack's grown on me. It's not as memorable but having live instruments helps this game a lot. It's very good but not the best I've heard ever. But the night themes are fantastic, and on cue here's another one; Leftheria (Night). If you played this whilst exploring Satorl Marsh at night you'd find no difference to the atmosphere.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

BruceCM

Not sure, you'd probably have to sing your version of one of the themes for my favourite characters for that, @TheJGG ....

SW-4357-9287-0699

NintendoByNature

@Anti-Matter nice! I still need to go back and finish ffx. I stopped playing for immortals and never went back. I liked x, but I wasn't drawn in like I was with 7 or 9.

NintendoByNature

jedgamesguy

Apologies, my singing abilities are microscopic, @BruceCM. In fact I could easily say they don't exist! Believe me, I've tried, and I end up killing everyone in a fifty foot radius.

I try to make it up with choral sections but... I'm glad I don't do it!

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

BruceCM

Yeah, that's fair enough, @TheJGG .... I'm not even sure which FF has my favourite music, since most of it is great! Then, it's also how it goes in the game for some of the tracks that wouldn't work so well out of context

SW-4357-9287-0699

jedgamesguy

@BruceCM I'm a newbie but VII Remake's soundtrack was, simply put, a banger. There were some songs that were remixed ten times like the Anxiety theme, battle themes and all but the battle themes at least had fantastic variation.

Airbuster's theme was fantastic, it really got me pumped for a fight. Loved it all round

And as for others, Final Fantasy X's remastered soundtrack was decent. I've listened to both and as is usually the case, the new stuff ruffles people's feathers but is actually better.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

BruceCM

Yeah, since I'm waiting for that game on Steam, I've only heard bits in trailers so far, @TheJGG .... Which sound amazing but listening to the stuff just as music isn't as good, so I'm saving the rest for when I can play it Never got to play FFX before the HD version, so not sure what differences there were in music for that, tbh. Since I have to rely on translations due to not understanding any Japanese myself, I'm sure that works against a lot of the songs
Even with that, though, some of them still manage to sound great

SW-4357-9287-0699

Anti-Matter

@BruceCM
I have played FF X HD version and i can tell the Original tunes still sounds better than the Remaster version. The Remaster version was sounds very echoing.

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

So some dude on here needed help with changing his name or somthin and so I say' "I'm pretty sure you can" I said this bc I was going to check back later, but then He tell me "Your pretty sure thanks that helps alot you F**Ing idiot" Like what the hell? I know it wasn't as helpful but I was going to go check To make sure I was right as why I said pretty sure as to "YA YOU CAN TOTALLY CHANGE YOUR NAME YOUR IDIOT" man I know I can't be as helpful as some people want me to be and they can get mad at that if they want to God why does he have to call me a F'ing idiot?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

ThanosReXXX

So... We're back again. God knows for how long (or rather: short) this time around. I seem to find myself having a bit of trouble making the effort of hanging around posting useless things, menial comments that I'd normally enjoy. Perhaps also because I'm WAY past being tired about being tired about Covid restrictions. I usually also pass out on the couch shortly after dinner...

I'm even too tired to do anything whatsoever, outside of work, go home, eat, pass out, take a shower, go to bed, get up, rinse and repeat. Here's hoping the summer is going to be a bit more lenient, restriction-wise, because I need to find some way to recharge the old battery, and whatever it is that I'm currently doing/living through, certainly isn't helping. And having pulled a thigh muscle in my left leg certainly isn't contributing either...

On top of that, I missed the photo opportunity with the Falcon and the Winter Soldier promotional display last Saturday over here on the square close to my apartment. I came from the super market on that same square and because I didn't have my phone with me, I figured I'd take a stroll to the square on Sunday, but of course, just my luck, they had already removed it by then. It was actually a pretty cool display, with a giant Cap America shield, positioned at an angle, surrounded by red carpet gates, or whatever the heck you call those. And next to it, a poster display of the actual series.

It has now moved on to another city. Here's a picture of it, for all of you to gawk at:
Untitled
The star in the center actually lights up in the dark, as does the poster display. It was really cool and I'm kinda sorry I missed the only opportunity I had, even though it's basically meaningless entertainment that shouldn't really be a big deal, but I'm still annoyed, also because I'd normally always have my phone with me.

Anyway, no sense in dwelling on the past and missed opportunities, so on with the show...

@TheJGG A "bit" too late to respond to most of your previous text walls, but I would like to add that I personally actually like games with few on-screen displays. Adds to the immersion of truly "being" in that game world, seeing as in real life, you also wouldn't have any bars or dials hanging in mid-air while you move around...

@Eel those loafs of bread I passed by a couple of pages ago looked pretty darn tasty...

@Zuljaras As for web sites where you might be able to get DS games: I suspect that I already posted these links once before, but I don't know if I already/also gave them to you, so just in case, here they are (again):

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Tasuki

@ThanosReXXX It's good to see you again, I was kinda wondering what happened to you. It's good to hear that I guess you are doing alright.

I can agree with you on the COVID restrictions but it is what it is sadly. I think at this point it's past the point of containment and now they should focus more on upgrading the hospitals and what to deal with the mass influx of patients. I think now the restrictions are in place to pacify the people crying that the government's should do something.

Anyway it's good to see you again.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic