Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 50,421 to 50,440 of 96,298

MarioVillager92

@TheJGG Yeah I like how all the Zelda games have these different art styles. Though I didn't like Skyward Sword initially (have yet to revisit it, I know), I do like how its art style is bursting with color. It's quite pleasant to look at. I dig Breath of the Wild's art style too. Can't say I'm too big into Twilight Princess's darker and more realistic looks, but in terms of its story I can see why they went with it.

Always loved the 2D artwork of anything Mario, even the ones made today. They have this nostalgic vibe to it, at least for me that is! It's pretty much how Mario and his friends/enemies looked back in the NES and SNES days.

@Tyranexx Yeah I'm really careful with bees and wasps (example: I don't move a muscle if one's on me), that's why stings have seldom happened to me. I think you're right about wasps being more aggressive, plus those are the most common stinging insect that I've seen. I've seen some bumblebees as well.

Sort of off-topic, but there's one bee I'm not scared of, and that's Bee Mario. At least he doesn't sting.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

jedgamesguy

Oh my god... ohmygod... that race... was... just awesome. There was so much unbelievable pressure from those behind. It was absolutely thrilling for easily the last fifteen laps.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

BruceCM

Sounds quite good, @TheJGG .... You do lots of those yet, then? Or thinking of doing more?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

jedgamesguy

@BruceCM My bad, I was referring to today’s Bahrain Grand Prix. Hamilton for once had a slower car than his competition and watching him fight for the win was so good. He had to defend against Verstappen for a good ten laps or so, and manage tyres for thirty laps. Just masterful.

I’ll tag you with highlights tomorrow, it’s very late now.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23

BruceCM

Lol, I was talking about your Crystalline Chill, @TheJGG ... I'm sure some others here are more interested in the racing stuff, though!

SW-4357-9287-0699

jedgamesguy

I’m sorry, @BruceCM, that’s a side effect of posting twice consecutively.

I’ve been doing covers for a year and a half now. I don’t post them, they’re all stored on my laptop, but I’ve made around thirty hours of arrangements. They’ve of course gotten better as I’ve learnt the intricacies of... GarageBand, so my recent ones like Stickerbrush Symphony, JENOVA, Butterfly Kiss, have been very good to listen to.

Crystalline chill was a fun arrangement so far, I’ve spent about an hour on it and I’m about 40% done. I’ll post the complete version when it arrives!

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23

BruceCM

Oh, nice, @TheJGG .... Share some of them, then! I'll guarantee they're all better than any musical efforts I make, at least

SW-4357-9287-0699

Tyranexx

So it probably goes without saying, but there are days when I can't get to the forums lately. Rest assured, I will respond to everyone!...eventually.

I did intend to jump around the forums yesterday, but I got home very late from an obligation. I went to my first D&D session with a friend, her husband, and some of their friend group. I went with a pre-made character since I'm new, a human ranger who's a decent jack-of-all-trades, complete with a loyal wolf companion. I had a fun time, but it's certainly A LOT to learn. XD We wrapped up later than I thought we would. To top it off, some very nasty weather was rolling through the area, and to drive home I would've been heading right into the thick of it. So I stuck around for about another hour and waited out the worst of the storm. There was lightning galore, wind, heavy rain, the power went out, and there were some severe thunderstorm and tornado warnings. Everyone made it through fine, and I came home to a standing house. All is well. As a result, I got home about 22:30/10:30 PM.

@BruceCM I grew up on a farm. We would have preferred to let the dog just run around, but she couldn't be trusted with livestock nearby; she liked chasing/herding them. Not the best thing for expecting bovines. So we had to keep her penned up and walked her instead. Too, she wasn't the best at staying on the property.

Not all the fence was electrified, but certain problematic sections of it were; cows can be pretty stubborn when they want to be lol. That particular zapping incident was when I was ten; I was looking for kittens in the barn - we knew a cat had some - and slid between some metal fence I knew I could climb on to get on top of some straw and the live line (Didn't know it was still on). Unfortunately, I was zapped in just the right spot on my rear that it affected the nerves in my right leg, so it seized up. I couldn't move it out of the 90 degree angle it was in. I was very scared lol. I could move it eventually, but it took a couple minutes. It felt a lot longer to my kid brain though.

@TheJGG Funnily enough, I'm usually pretty careful by nature. I'm normally a pretty cautious individual. With the fence incident, I was trying not to hit it, but...I did lol. When I was a pretty young kid, I did arguably take some risks, particularly with heights. I loved climbing ladders and anything similar; I climbed up our TV antenna tower once. Two stories up. Another time, I also innocently picked a toadstool, thinking we could have fried mushrooms. I was told to throw it back outside and wash my hands. XD So...I guess we can say I was a careful kid, but a curious one in some aspects. That, and I'm just somewhat accident-prone. I call my right leg my "bad leg" thanks to all the trauma it's been through. My knee sometimes aches if weird weather is coming, though that happens less frequently these days.

Those sound like really cool trips! I haven't done a lot of outdoor activities like that. I'd love to try paragliding, but I'm not sure I'd do skydiving without some kind of instruction lol. I'd also like to try ziplining as that's a big thing here, but it isn't something I've done either; we were supposed to do it on my senior trip before I graduated high school, but due to a change in plans we couldn't do it. I like doing some outdoorsy things, but the rest of my family that I normally travel with....Well, they like seeing National Parks and cool scenery, but they aren't a fan of getting out in it. I'm a happy medium; I don't mind walking around in nature for a few hours, but I'm eventually going to need somewhere with plumbing and electricity.

Listening to Posterity as I type this out. Another excellent track! Again, I have GOT to watch Tenet....

On free time, I usually have enough time in the day to prioritize my two main hobbies - gaming and reading - but it's hard for me to insert in much else. Now that restrictions are loosening up a bit in my state, I'm starting to deal with more obligations again on top of my job and usual house cleaning/maintaining + adulting. And I'm also trying to stick to an exercise routine. It's a fine balancing act, one that I feel that I'm still trying to perfect a little.

Uncontrollable and the Fogbeast themes do have some similarities, don't they? Could be why I really enjoy both tracks! I daresay the latter is my favorite out of the entire Future Connected addition. The dueling instruments work so well together. I hope most of the tracks in XC2 also measure up! I've heard a couple pieces from that game as well, but the only one that's really caught my ear so far is titled Old Factory, according to YouTube.

I did actually know that about the Titans. No worries about spoiling that much! Though I don't know too much about them past that point.

@MarioLover92 Most insects in general aren't aggressive unless they feel threatened. Hence why I also freeze; not out of fear, but out of caution. Too, bees realize the only sting they get is fatal to them as well, so they're more reluctant unless they or their hive are threatened. Wasps and hornets don't have such a restriction, so they can use their poisonous stabby sticks with relentless abandon.

True! Bee Mario does not sting.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

jedgamesguy

@BruceCM I'm a man of my word, so whether you explicitly wanted it or not here's the race highlights. Only seven minutes, but easily the best racing I've seen in the sport for a few years.

And as for my arrangements I've compiled a folder for everyone's listening pleasure;

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1g35Um2P7dEpnjlEK8TObG...

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23

Anti-Matter

If Pop'n Music ported to Nintendo Switch, i want to see these series.
Untitled

Anti-Matter

BruceCM

Yeah, sometimes stuff will still happen despite your best efforts, @Tyranexx .... So kind. @TheJGG! I'm sure someone around will be more interested in that, though

SW-4357-9287-0699

jedgamesguy

@BruceCM No prob, hope you'll enjoy the music anyhow! I know better than to force my hobbies down other people's throats, there's already a few who do that already.

In that, I do hope I can get Final Fantasy XV for real. I like real-time battle systems and the realistic Earth-like elements (cars) mixed with fantasy makes for a really interesting premise. The Royal Edition has very good value because it has all the character expansion stories, and every other DLC pack.

I'm trying to get Tomb Raider: Survival Edition though so it may wait until June; because I plan to get Monster Hunter: Rise in April.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23

BruceCM

Apart from Episode Ardyn, which was added later, @TheJGG .... Although that isn't my favourite FF, it's certainly not as bad as some make out! Let us know what you think if you ever do get around to playing it, then

SW-4357-9287-0699

jedgamesguy

@BruceCM Yeah, I've seen you... frequent, shall we say, the FF Thread, so I know where to find you if and when I come across it. I got into the series last year as mentioned over there, so it's early doors.

Besides, despite reading that Noctis is a quieter protagonist (who has a decent arc), he is voiced by Ray Chase. That, and Prompto is voiced by Robbie Daymond. I love the work of both these actors; (haven't seen any anime but rather Persona 5, FE: Three Houses, and Xenoblade X to name a few) so I'd love to see what I make of it.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23

BruceCM

Yeah, I still liked it, @TheJGG .... My list from best down would probably be FFIX, then X, VII, IV & After Years, XII, VI, XV, VIII, the XIII trilogy, III, I & last V but there'd be a fraction of a point between most of them, lol So, saying it isn't my favourite FF doesn't really mean much, in all honesty!

SW-4357-9287-0699

jedgamesguy

@BruceCM I've heard a bit about how terrible FF2 was. So that didn't even make your list?!

I wish Square remastered the older games, to give me a reason to buy them. With all due respect FFX's graphics, or maybe SM64, have the worst (or lowest resolution) graphics for any game I've played in my life. The SNES games at least run at 60fps... So FF9 and FF8 will be very difficult to get into.

I already passed on SaGa Frontier Remastered, Romancing SaGa 3, Collection of Mana, and more, because their graphical styles had been untouched.

I damn hope Square remakes Chrono Trigger, that's a game I need in my life.

Edit: I went... 91 posts without an Emoji and the streak's ended. I don't like them but some of them convey the right emotion.

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23

BruceCM

That's the only one I gave up on, so .... @TheJGG! I don't want to get into MMOs of any description, which rules XI & IV out for me! I only played FFX/X2 on Vita & then got Switch version, where I didn't play it on TV, so it certainly looks great there I'll have to try it on Steam to see how it looks but it's supposed to be the HD Remaster. Collection of Mana was supposed to be the original games, basically, so I didn't get that Saga Frontier looked great in what I saw & I never got to play that before, so I'm looking forward to it. A nice version of Chrono Trigger for Switch, etc, would be awesome, though

SW-4357-9287-0699

Anti-Matter

I'm watching this Beatmania IIDX 9th style PS2 gameplay video before i will get that game on this week.

Also, i pretended playing Drummania Masterpiece Silver PS2 by tapping my fingers on the table, imagining i will tapping all the buttons (without Bass pedal) with Pop'n Music controller.
Also, cannot wait to play Pop'n Music 8 PS2 for the first time at home with actual controller. 😀

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

Well that makes the two of us @Tyranexx, the mistakes I make are rare but they hurt when I make them. I have a dodgy knee at times despite my age, I should be getting bad knees in fifty years, not now. Curiosity did kill the cat, so I was probably born with that motto down by heart. I never climbed up trees when I was younger though, I preferred more... controlled adventures like ziplines, canyoning and skydiving. And thank you, I'm glad to have gone on them, they're certainly a good story to tell at times.

You turn thirty this year (or have already, I don't know...), so of course when Coronavirus restrictions subside hopefully you'll be able to "wake up, get up, get out there". I'm sorry for the Persona reference for those who may get it but it makes sense. It just works. (Sorry to Bethesda fans). Either way it'll make for a special celebration and all. I personally like the outdoors too, but I.. adore it. I was in the Boy Scouts for a year and the camping trips we did were very memorable. The feeling of fending for yourself, cooking your own food, and all was a truly unforgettable experience. As for camping itself, I'm more mixed. I always slept in my own tent whenever we set up; I didn't like the other Scouts all that much. They were all born and bred Americans, and I, as you can read from my profile, am English, and mixed. We didn't gel at all, so while there were some intrepid Scouts that were very hospitable out of duty, socially it was blasé

Camping itself's awesome. I did a five day trip up Mt. Kenya, in... Kenya. Sleeping in tents has a really nice, rugged feel. Of course with the climate you have to be prepared for any event. But the first time I did it there wasn't a single drop of rain. I'll describe that in another post; it's a trip I loved so much that it warrants its own text wall.

I don't know specifically your character as a moviewatcher, but if you're sharp, perceptive and can pick up dialogue easily, you should watch Tenet. It really challenges you, not only with the insane concepts, but also with at times, how boring it is. It's a test but you'll walk away thinking; "This movie's flawed but absolutely genius." All in all it requires concentration so watching it in another tab, like I'd do for Marvel films every now and then, won't work.

The Xenoblade songs are that good. The Future Connected songs are bops in general. My favourite songs in order would be 1. Fogbeasts, 2. Bionis Shoulder (Day), 3. Time of Battle!, 4. Final Boss theme, 5. Bionis Shoulder (Night), 6. Gran Dell (Day), 7. Gran Dell (Night). The top three are so close because one's beautiful and calming while the other two gets your blood going! For me the Xenoblade 2 tracks are just underneath 1's. I broke down Gaur Plains and Gormott and as I revealed some songs just feel too derivative. But the original ones are bloody good, and some songs are amazing. This one is one of my favourites; Tantal (Night). The acoustics are truly fantastic, and it has such a winter feel to it.

Anime's a big investment as I've found out, so no rush on that either. Take your time, and find a good time to sit back and take it in!

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic