Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 49,141 to 49,160 of 96,323

Eel

@Anti-Matter Ah the general setting and story of The Thousand Year Door have some creepy undertones. I absolutely recommend playing it, I love that one.

There's a few chalk outlines around the main town too. It's a sketchy place run by the pianta mafia. Good vacation spot.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Yeah, smart phones and/or touch screens. I'm still wrestling with those sometimes as well, and I absolutely loathe auto-correct. But the alternative of having to re-edit your own texts again and again also isn't all that great. That's why normally, during office hours, I don't do multi-person reply comments in here, because the going back and forth and copying/pasting texts is an absolute pain in the you-know-what, to do on a smart phone, so I simply wait until I get home to do those replies on my PC.

@Anti-Matter You're completely over-exaggerating, it's not even funny anymore. There is no 18+ content in Sonic Racing Transformed. The game is rated for kids and teens, so it is deemed okay to play by an OFFICIAL board of people who's JOB it is to see to it that games are appropriately rated. And in fact, there is only a VERY small pocket of 18+ game in Sega's ENTIRE catalog of games. The highest age rating for all of the mainstream games is 16.

On average, an 18+ game would indicate adult and/or explicit sex-oriented content, something you'd obviously never find in a mainstream video game. The only mainstream exception is Mortal Kombat, most of the other games are highly niche, so not for a wider audience.

Funny thing: most of these 18+ games are Japanese, made by the people you love so much. So, it's stuff like visual novels or mahjong games with explicit nudity in them.

Your continuous rants about hell and hate for anything that you don't like are highly annoying and aren't constructive in any way, and you should learn by now that different people have different tastes, and you need to find a way to respect that.

If you don't like something, that's fine, but you don't need to rage about it, nor do you need to tell other people what they can or cannot post, as you told @MarioLover92.

P.S.

You REALLY should give the Graveyard Gig track from The House of the Dead EX on Sonic Racing Transformed another go. It's really fun to play...

@Sunsy Ah, nice. My first games on any console or handheld are usually the games that belong with the platform or are unique to that specific system, so in the case of Nintendo systems, it's usually a Mario or Zelda game, and only after that will I buy any multi-plats. I have this slightly OCD condition that I simply NEED to get all the games that are must-haves or as mentioned, unique to that platform. To give you a metaphor of how that works, just think of it as going to Paris and NOT seeing the Eiffel Tower: to me, that's just not possible, and more or less a wasted trip. So, a Nintendo console NEEDS Mario and Zelda games. Buying one just to play Fifa or COD on it, seems infinitely stupid to me, personally. Of course, to each their own, but I'd never do that myself. I definitely like my first party content on ALL of my devices...

P.S.

The entire post was just a joke to poke some fun at Anti and his insane rage on 18+ games. I actually already own Sonic Racing Transformed on the Xbox 360.

@TheJGG You don't have to be too understanding at all, concerning Anti's 18+ gaming rants. It usually completely sends him over the rail, and makes no sense whatsoever to most of us. Logic would dictate that you simply ignore and/or don't play what you don't like, instead of going full rage mode and wanting to destroy any and all of such content. It's also highly egotistical, because you'd also be denying other people, that DO like to play normal and/or more adult-oriented games, their entertainment.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
When i tried to start the race from Sonic Racing Transformed Wii U Demo version, i scrolled up the next Tour and i found very uncomfortable to see track. I saw like Skeleton shaped place and I did quick search from wikia and i found very unexpected other SEGA IP's that violating my gaming rules, especially the tracks you posted from Youtube. I couldn't force myself to accept very unacceptable contents like that, you might be fine with that but i wasn't. It broke my heart to realize that, as since from beginning i couldn't really trust with "SEGA ALL STARS" subtitle as indicate there might be something from other SEGA IP's with age rating higher than 16. I haven't even started the race but suddenly i have to delete the Demo version from my Wii U machine. I should know that from beginning. It was like Smash Bros case again.

Anti-Matter

1UP_MARIO

@Anti-Matter are you talking about golden axe track. It’s one of my favourites

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Anti-Matter

1UP_MARIO wrote:

@Anti-Matter are you talking about golden axe track. It’s one of my favourites

That track and something from Zombie SEGA game. Sorry, they are violating my gaming rules.

Anti-Matter

NintendoByNature

If anything this discussion has caused me to download the demo of Sonic Lost World on Wii U 🤣.

NintendoByNature

1UP_MARIO

@Anti-Matter no need to apologise. Golden axe (sega mega drive) soundtrack is one of my favourite gaming soundtracks. Wilderness always gets me ready for the real life 😊.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Anti-Matter

@NintendoByNature
I have tried the demo version of Sonic Lost World Wii U and it felt like mixture of 3D Sonic and Mario Galaxy. Funny case, i chose to walk and running slowly as i will get panic if i run in very high speed and fell down to bottomless pit for have no idea what direction i should take to finish line. I still tend to play safely in platforming games, like my motto "Slowly but safe". 😅

Anti-Matter

NintendoByNature

@Anti-Matter haha I didn't know there was a demo until you brought it up so thanks. I'll try it out with the kids and if I like it I'll grab it. It's only $20USD so not bad. Regarding the racing game though, I'd probably grab the switch all stars version as I do alot more multi-player stuff on my switch than wii u.

NintendoByNature

jedgamesguy

@ThanosReXXX To start off, I lived in Paris for three years and only went up the Eiffel Tower once! I was nine though, so please cut me some slack!

Anti’s nihilistic views on anything that isn’t kiddy friendly and full of jacked chibi boxers is... interesting to say the least. Can’t say I agree with the way he attacks anything he doesn’t like with the ferocity of a cult leader but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Unless, for me at least, one’s opinion centralises on diminishing someone’s beliefs for being different. Of course an exceptions to this are discriminative or rude behaviours in which case they can’t broadcast their views for normal people, but I trust you get my point.

Sometimes it does make me laugh, but come on, even at the age of thirty six someone can surely get the hint that maybe games can be good AND be rated 18? I’m not even half of Anti’s age yet I feel like a grandfather belittling new stuff.

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Yeah, I'm happy to have tried it out - the fact that Naka worked on it caught my attention, lol. If you enjoyed it, that's great! I've heard about Rodea too, but I'm not too familiar with it. I think I heard that the Wii version's the best.

@theJGG Nice. How's the PS5, by the way? I'm currently in no rush to get it but some games caught my attention. Kena: Bridge of Spirits looks awesome - I wouldn't mind giving Astro's Playroom a shot, as well.

@ThanosReXXX I was super nice about recommending that game to Anti-Matter - he likes Mario Kart, and it's one of the best kart racers I've ever played, hence my recommendation. And you're totally right - it's rated E10+ here in the US and I didn't notice anything super inappropriate while I was playing, even on tracks like that House of the Dead one. I personally like how it represents Sega's other franchises too - especially since Sega seems to focus more on Sonic than their other franchises these days. I know he doesn't like rated 18+ games, and that's perfectly fine with me, but come on, man...he didn't need to be mean about it.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Anti-Matter

@MarioLover92
Oh, i saw from Youtube about Rodea.
The Wii version and Wii U version are completely different games.
Wii version was 60 fps with better graphics than Wii U version was 30 fps and ported from 3DS version.
From control scheme, Wii version use Wiimote and motion control while Wii U version use Gamepad / Pro controller / Classic controller.
Here is the video of comparison.

Sorry if i was upset about what i have found from Sonic Racing Transformed.
But i'm really positive sure for Team Sonic Racing PS4. 😀

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@Anti-Matter It's all right. Thanks for your apology, I appreciate it. And yes, Team Sonic Racing features just Sonic characters and tracks - no representation of Sega's other games.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

BruceCM

Only Anti can play a Sonic game slowly ....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

jedgamesguy

@MarioLover92 It’s an evolution and a revolution at the same time. It can obviously play PS4 games and gets rid of everything that was bad about them, such as lag, loading times and poor resolution. The wheel works with both 4 and 5 so there’s no need to buy one for both. The graphics and frame rate are excellent, for both upscaled PS4 games and native PS5 games. I don't have a 4K TV but it makes games look super pretty and runs at a silky smooth 60FPS, at the lowest! The UI is really sleek and has a nice but simple look. The controller is awesome and Haptic Touch is beautiful. Astro’s Playroom comes free and it’s the best tech demo I’ve ever seen or played ever.

I got Demon’s Souls at launch and while it doesn’t take use of the controller it runs so smoothly and has a really moody graphical style. And DiRT 5, the racing game, has almost zero loading screens because of how darn quick it is. Storage could have been better but we’ll get more eventually.

So far I’ve loved playing both original and PS4 games, and it breathes new life into them. Costs a bit much but it’ll be worth it. Maybe you can get it for the big 3-0!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter Like I said, these games are NOT rated 18+, so you're talking nonsense. I dismiss anything you have to say about it. Next time, learn to be more reasonable to others. If you don't direct your personal views/angers at them, you also don't have to apologize to them afterwards. Everybody wins.

Like I said: we all like different things, and we should also allow others to like these other things, and not force our views upon them, because we don't happen to like it. There's plenty of games and/or game types that I don't like, but you don't see me expressing my hate about them or saying that they should be banned/burned/destroyed because they're "evil"...

@theJGG I largely agree, although I've already moved on from finding his viewpoints interesting (if I ever even did to begin with: in the beginning, it was more me trying to be social and to understand, but ultimately, I failed to see the point in it) to finding them downright annoying and unrealistic. And immature as well. He needs to grow a pair already.

And I only value/respect someone's opinion, as long as it isn't complete, unrealistic nonsense and borders on the edge of insanity. When people start saying the Earth is flat because they "think" it is, then I flat out (pun intended) dismiss them...

@MarioLover92 Yup, indeed. He needs to learn that, but instead, most of us long-time Chit-Chatters have already found out that he never learns or improves his behavior. He is VERY black & white in his views, and doesn't waver. In other areas, that trait could be recommended and applauded, but in this particular case, it's decidedly negative behavior. So, if I were you, I'd just avoid these topics in the future. Saves you the energy, and saves Anti from having to make an apology that he'll have to make over and over again, seeing as he'll simply repeat the same behavior again the next time someone mentions something that doesn't sit well with him.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Zuljaras

Guys are you still talking about his obsessions again? We all know why he does that.

Don't give him the attention he desperately seeks.

Every time the same phrases, the same stories and the same passive-agressive behaviour.

Sunsy

@ThanosReXXX Cool, usually my first game is usually one I want to play the most when I get a new system. At the time, I had was playing Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing on Wii a lot, and wanted more. I did also get New Super Mario Bros. U and New Luigi U, but that came with my Wii U.

Oh ok, gotcha. I personally never had any issues with mature rated games, so I'll use this opportunity to say Titanfall 2 is one of the best story driven games I ever played. Just loved that game.

@MarioLover92 I would agree with the Wii version being better since the game was designed for the Wii remote (IIRC, Yuji recommends playing the Wii version), I did play it more than the Wii U one, they came bundled together. Even the cover can be flipped over to a Wii one, which has nicer artwork IMHO.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Anti-Matter

Just now i got the reply back from Doki Doki, the game shop from Bandung that has informed me if mostly Konami Rhythm games on PS2 were currently available in their shop, despite they haven't been posted yet on Tokopedia (Tokopedia is kinda like Ebay but in Indonesia).
Oh my gosh....! 😮😀
I was so happy to see Beatmania IIDX 3 - 11 style, Pop'n Music 8 + 10 + 11, DDR Party Collection were available here in Indonesia so i can purchase them quickly. 😀
But Beatmania IIDX 16 Empress was still very expensive. It cost Rp 2,530,000 or US$ 180.39 for extremely rare CIB PS2 game ! 🤯🤯🤯

If i take ALL Konami Rhythm PS2 games, i will have very large number of PS2 games on my purchase list since there are 9 DDR PS2 Japan, 14 Beatmania IIDX PS2 Japan, 9 Pop'n Music PS2 Japan, 8 Guitar Freaks & Drummania PS2 Japan, 2 in 1 Keyboardmania, 1 Para Para Paradise PS2 Japan. (Total = 9 + 14 + 9 + 8 + 2 + 1 = 43 !!)

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic