Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 49,121 to 49,140 of 96,542

Anti-Matter

I have downloaded Sonic Lost World Wii U demo and i could walk normally like 3D Mario games if i want to collect some rings or investigating other side. I still tend to play in slow speed rather than high speed.
I will consider the physical copy.

I was shocked by Sonic Racing All Stars Wii U Demo version as i found something based on rated 18+ SEGA games. Even just only places, it was HELL NO from me.
I will NOT drive into those places.
HELL NO, just HELL NO.
I immediately deleted the Wii U Demo version and delisted Sonic Racing Transformed from my purchase list. The game has been banned for having any stuff based on rated 18+ SEGA games. I knew i couldn't really trust SEGA when talking about their IP's.

@MarioLover92
Sorry, I have to ban Sonic Racing Transformed for having rated 18+ SEGA games references on it after i have investigated quickly. It was breaking my gaming rules number 1 (NO rated 18+ games allowed whatsoever in any form).
The Sonic characters and other tame SEGA IP's were okay for me but the rated 18+ SEGA games as the places are HELL NO for me. Don't mention the name of the places, I have seen it from wikia and I felt pissed off.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

@Anti-Matter What is the deal with 18 rated games out of curiosity? Back when I was thirteen I asked for games rated sixteen, and when I got them it transpired that they weren’t even that offensive at all. Horizon Zero Dawn was one example, and that game is a really low sixteen, maybe because of small blood flashes...

Over the years I’ve began to play more and more eighteen rated games even though I’m still below that range. It started with Inside when I was a bit younger, and more recently games like Death Stranding, Red Dead Redemption, Ghost of Tsushima have been played by me. Violence was never an issue for me, it’s more the sexual content that keeps me away from some games.

So games I wont play are the GTAs and the Witcher games, and especially games even marginally similar to Cyberpunk 2077 where you can customise female characters’ chest size, anything about their genitals including male or female. That wasn’t explicitly gratuitous but there wasn’t an absolutely solid reason to have done it. So that’s a no go.

I get you’re a Nintendo die hard so this’ll probably not apply, but there’s some experiences that just can’t be watered down or censored, like being a samurai during feudal Japan, or delivering goods across a ravaged United States, or otherwise.

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

jedgamesguy

@MarioLover92 I celebrated it on the 15th because of school on the actual day! I got that wheel I mentioned, and based off the PS5 playtime tracker (which tracks individual ours by the way!) I’ve spent over twenty hours in that chair driving. It’s super fun and adds a whole new level of interactivity with driving games, especially sims. Because it’s not just moving your thumbs on a pad, it’s literally driving. Did you get anything surprising? If you’ve answered then I’m sorry I didn’t see it, but might as well ask!

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

ThanosReXXX

So, after I saw the mention of Sonic Racing Transformed, I decided to try out the demo, and found that there were some REALLY cool stages in them, so I figured I'd share the joy with all of you guys.

Here they are, in no particular order:

I think I like the Graveyard Gig from The House of the Dead EX the best...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Anti-Matter

@theJGG
You have no idea with what i have experienced when i was kid. 🤨
I was the victim of rated 18+ stuffs by accidentally.
It made me traumatized and grew my hatred toward them.
I didn't even play those games, i hate them.
As i grew up, so does with my hatred with rated 18+ stuffs.
I saw them as a sin, evil, satan, that should be condemned and annihilated by force in any cost. They are something really offending and attacking me even just i accidentally saw their existence near of me.

And that's why i only play rated E and E10+ games by mostly, with a few Teen games that have been inspected first before i allowed them.
Kids games rules !
I'm not really die hard Nintendo fan as i'm also play PlayStation games but still rated E & E10+ oriented by majority. And the PlayStation games i played are majority DDR, Konami's Rhythm games, Casual games, Cartoonish games, very opposite with what majority users here played.

And stop mentioning any rated 18+ games you have mentioned.
I don't even want to know, to the damn hell their existences.

Anti-Matter

Eel

I've been playing Paper Mario Origami King now I'm fairly certain that it's a horror game.

And also a remake of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker.

And a musical. Sometimes.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

@theJGG That's a bummer. Good news is I think there's a light at the end of this plagud tunnel, so you'll (hopefully) be karting on your b-day next year!

@SM3DASislit I mean you weren't using it, I meant you just had the general gist of L33T in that post where you tried to replicate it. Unless I've misunderstood your response lol.

@ThanosReXXX Haha, whoops! I try to proofread my posts when I can - you've seen the evidence that my phone can be quite a troll - but sometimes errors like that slip through. XD Thankfully typos when I post here on my laptop are way less frequent.

@MarioLover92 Haha, they are delicious!

It's supposed to rain the next couple of days, so unfortunately the snow will vanish. It was fun while it lasted lol.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
I pissed off when i found rated 18+ references from Sonic Racing Transformed Wii U demo version.
I immediately deleted the Demo version before even i started the race.
I replaced it with other Wii U game (Pokken) in physical on my purchase list.
Rules is rules, No rated 18+ stuffs in any form even just only places or characters.
Thank goodness my awareness saved me from such a thing like that.

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@Anti-Matter All right - you don't have to buy it. Whatever floats your airplane.

@theJGG Oh that's cool, I have something similar. It's the deluxe Mario Kart racing wheel for the Switch, and it works pretty well. I LOVE the look of it, too. It works for PC as well!

@Tyranexx Ah...I see. Everything must come to an end at some point, I guess. Speaking of snow, though I'm not a big fan of being in it, I do like watching it snow while I'm inside. It's a nice, cozy sight.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Snatcher

@MarioLover92 WHY in the world did they not do another sonic racing T it was the best racing game yet plus they had something going for there racing games, Thats sega for you.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

@Eel YAAAA And Nooo I mean there was a whole part that game me a nightmar about paper but I don't think it can count as a scary game.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Sunsy

@SM3DASislit I always thought Splatoon's battle royale would be a splat royale... which would just be a 50 vs. 50 turf war on a big map, lol. I like Ninjala's BR style, I've always liked arena sized maps.

@MarioLover92 At least you tried the demo. After Yuji Naka left Sonic Team, it feels like he wants to make games that are different than most would usually like to play. I played Rodea on Wii (came with the Wii U version), it felt kind of unique with me. I enjoyed Balan Wonderworld's demo, but I think liking it may become another unpopular opinion for me to have.

@ThanosReXXX Sonic Racing Transformed was my first Wii U game, though I played it on 3DS beforehand (amazing version too, they managed fit the console game on a small 3DS cart). While Team Sonic Racing was just a Sonic racing game, always loved the Sonic & All-Stars series was a celebration of Sega as a whole. Sega Superstars Tennis is also fun with the Sega nods.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

jedgamesguy

@Anti-Matter I understand how your trauma could have negatively affected your view of older-rated video games. (and for that I offer you my sincerest condolences) I was exposed to COD when I was nine, but it was less traumatising and more proof that it wasn't my kind of game.

But I'm not going to stop mentioning them. I don't like them for their violence or anything that would have made them rated 18 to begin with. I couldn't care less if they were rated as such, and as a result I was able to experience them. That's also why I still love a lot of the mainline Zelda games, because they can speak to me on an intellectual level, and push me to solve puzzles. Xenoblade Chronicles (12) is a game about sacrifice, the ethics of war, revenge, and perpetuity.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Snatcher

@theJGG When I was younger I saw a scene from blade that dam nere didn't make me want to play any games with monster or blades but I got overthat as I grew older.

jedgamesguy

@Tyranexx Thank you! It's something to look forward to next year, hopefully. It's shaping to be either an awful year, or a relatively mundane one as far as things go in terms of video gaming, sports, and the pandemic. So keep your head held high!

@MarioLover92 That wheel looks absolutely sick, from what I've seen. It looks seriously robust. Mine's a Logitech Driving Force GT, that connects via USB to the PlayStation. Hopefully you can have a massive amount of fun with it, wheels bring a new level of immersive-ness to the games.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

jedgamesguy

@Snatcher I was pretty sheltered from buying video games that were too old for me, because my parents are very aware of the ratings and all. But violence is secondary to an experience for me, I prefer artistic values to any bloodshed.

I was slightly terrified by the Zant Hand in Twilight Princess, when I played the game aged five. The battle theme also made me nervous, because of the minor chords! So it took me seven years to beat the game. It was just because I was young though.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Anti-Matter

@Eel
I heard Super Paper Mario have something that really disturbingly creepy.
If you remember the World of Nothing and River Twygz.

Oh, also for Origami King...
Stationary things are very evil tool when being used in wrong way.
Paper puncher, scissors, etc.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Eel

@Anti-Matter Yeah the games do like their funny macabre things, The Thousand Year Door had it's moments as well. This one is particularly into paper-body-horror.

It started super slow, but I've been enjoying it a lot.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

@Eel
I don't really remembered with Sticker Star 3DS but the cruelty with paper creatures was like cutting the paper creatures into million pieces with Tailor scissors, burn them into ash, impale them with thumb tack / stapler, etc.

For Color Splash, the creepy things was like KO'ed Mario being sucked by Shy Guys until become colorless, burn the paper creatures like Inferno with BBQ grill things, creepy soaked Shy Guys, red color painting splats from Mario's hammer that coincidentally looks like a Blood if you see it from different point of view, etc.

From my quick reception, looks like Paper Mario games = Psychological horror games wrapped in cutesy paper creatures.

Btw, what kind of creepy moments from TTYD as i have never played before ?

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic