Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 47,301 to 47,320 of 96,531

PlusUltra

That dream was tooo specific @Tasuki .

*Slides lysol, eye patch, and extra mask into zombie prepper pack because thats the second time i read that someone dreamed both viruses were linked.

Edited on by PlusUltra

PlusUltra

Anti-Matter

I was thinking to suddenly consider Dragon Quest Heroes PS4 after i watched the gameplay from Youtube.
It was like a random PS4 game that suddenly i might consider very soon after i was curious by looking at the cover then want to know the gameplay.

Also, i was thinking to consider both Ni No Kuni 1 & 2 PS4 version too. Same case, random games that i will consider after watching the gameplay from Youtube.
What do you think guys with my choice ?
Pretty decent JRPG games, eh ?

Anti-Matter

Heavyarms55

It's been a good few years since I've played the Pokemon Trading card game. But on a whim I decided to play a little bit online and I was able to put together the "Leon's Charizard" deck by making some trades. Some of the cards I had on the account are stupid valuable for expanded and legacy formats so I was easily able to fill out the decklist for this and it's really fun.

I seriously doubt I'll get back into the game with any serious effort, but it's cool that I have a standard format deck that actually works for the first time in nearly a decade.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

PlusUltra

@Anti-Matter good luck. Im constantly thinking about what rpgs i should get since I dont want to get into a long game i might not like or finish.

Sometimes i forget to youtube games Im interested in. Its a good source to use when considering games.

PlusUltra

Tyranexx

Eel wrote:

Something like this:

Untitled

I was picturing poofier hair with curlers, but that'll work too!

@Heavyarms55 Thanks! And belated congrats on the shiny Magby. Shiny hatches are always a pleasant surprise....Unless it's Feebas. XD

On public education in America: First, I wanted to mention that I'm not in support of those posh private schools either as they definitely favor the wealthy. I merely used them as an example of how disadvantaged the public school system is in comparison.

You've outlined some of my issues with the US's educational system. A lot of it here starts at the state level and filters on down (For reference, I live in IL, which probably tells you A LOT lol). Resources here are definitely based on your district's population and, yes, contribute to a vicious cycle. There were many cuts several years ago to "extra" programs and trying to just stick with the basics. The public high school I went to was somewhat small - I graduated with a class of 30 students, though we were the smallest class size at the time - and they added several different classes in math, language arts, and technology only to cut most of them and a couple of the teachers hired to teach them shortly after I graduated. I really wish my high school had offered more options in technology and foreign language. What I can say is that there were a couple of mandatory classes that did teach some life skills, simple adult things such as balancing a checkbook, maintaining a budget, and changing a tire. The irony is there was a Home Economics class that taught cooking, cleaning, and a few practical skills like sewing that was scrapped the spring before I entered HS.

The points you make about the teacher/student ratio are important too. My mother is retiring at the end of this school year after teaching for just over 30 years. Last year she only had a class size of 12-13 kids as the entire grade was large enough to be split into two. Probably one of the best classes she's had, and pretty manageable. This year, on top of all the added madness in the Covid department, she's dealing with 23 kids (not quite big enough to split the class up; there were less at the beginning of the year, but two moved in), two of them remote learners. They're a very needy bunch who need a ton of supervision, and unfortunately she only has a shared aide for a couple of hours in the morning. Due to the possibility of the district going fully remote at the drop of a hat, they don't want to pay for a full-time aide. So she has to share.

I would love to mail you the pumpkin pie, particularly since it's part of the takeout Turkey Day restaurant order we're making; the place we're ordering from has excellent pies. Unfortunately, I'm not sure it would survive the journey in one piece, plus I think the rest of the family would have my hide if it turned up missing. XD

On the Switch deal: I was absurdly pleased about it. Particularly since the price kept fluctuating. I'm glad I jumped on it when I did; it shot up a little in price a couple of days after I ordered the system and game. Still below the $300 threshold though. I was gonna cave for the MK8 + Switch deal until I read it was the V1 Switch. Not a huge deal looking back as I play docked most of the time, but the extra battery life has come in handy.

@Anti-Matter I've wanted Ni No Kuni on the Switch for some time, mainly because the game's animated sequences were produced by Studio Ghibli. I still don't have it yet; too many other games to work through. I'm also trying not to pick up more RPGs for awhile.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
The reason i pick the PS4 version for Ni no Kuni instead of Switch version because :
1. Ni no Kuni PS4 running on 60 fps.
2. It has the sequel on PS4 as well with same 60 fps so i would like to have similar games on same machine.

It will be look a little weird for me to have Ni no Kuni 1 Switch version but the sequel on PS4. 1 item as cartridge and 1 item as BluRay disc.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Btw, i found some similarities between Dragon Quest Heroes 1 & 2 male protagonist with other games characters.

Luceus (DQH 1) looks like Matthew from Golden Sun Dark Dawn.
Lazarel (DQH 2) looks like Bede from Pokemon Sword.

Untitled

What do you think ?

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Eel wrote:

insert dragon ball character design joke here

Super Saiyan Chibi male protagonist Dragon Quest Builders 2.
Untitled

Anti-Matter

Zuljaras

I was pleasantly surprised by the Stardew Valley physical release Booklet and interior art

Untitled

This is the first order from the black Friday. 3 more games on the go.

BruceCM

Did you play the previous Tomb Raider reboot & Rise of, then, @Zuljaras ....? Assuming you liked those, you should enjoy the last one!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Zuljaras

@BruceCM Currently I am playing the first one. I have the second but this one was so heavily discounted that I could not resist. For now I like what I am playing. Uncharted could not catch me as good as this one. But in time I will try to play it again.

WoomyNNYes

Keep winter weight off and heal wrist/thumb tendonitis (from games/work/stupid-computers) with this workout. Results guaranteed! Not a guarantee. Official ninendolife workout

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Eel

@Zuljaras Ah that's a lovely physical version. I would absolutely try to buy it if I didn't already have like 6 versions of the game.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx Your graduating class was that small?! Holy cow that's the tiniest high school I have ever heard of in modern times!

And yeah, don't deny your family their pie. Lol

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Vinny

Anime I have watched this year:

• Rurouni Kenshin
  • Serial Experiments Lain
  • Hellsing Ultimate
  • Texhnolyze
  • Paranoia Agent
  • The Big-O (I really like this one)

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Anti-Matter

But, i have posted my game purchase Evoland: Legendary Edition PS4 last Friday. I bought it from playasia, it was one of very rare game that have ever got physical release on Switch too by Super Rare Games. Have you seen it ?
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
Am i really boring with whatever i posted ?

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic