Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 47,321 to 47,340 of 96,524

MPSSislit

@Anti-Matter
I believe you posted that last Friday and I saw it, but I don't know if anyone responded.
No, you aren't boring at all. Did someone say that to you regarding your posts?
I quite enjoy your posts because you bring awareness to games I've never even heard of, and I also enjoy them because your tastes are different from the majority of other people, so I get interested as to what you're playing.

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. πŸ€”
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

MarioVillager92

@Anti-Matter That's cool you got your hands on that game, enjoy it. Is that a mini art book of sorts? My Switch copy of Sonic Mania Plus has a miniature art book as well. As a huge fan of that game, I value it quite a bit, lol.

Also, the same kind of thing happens to me too, not getting a reply after I post. Everyone was probably engaged in whatever conversations they're having, or they just didn't see your post by the time you made it. So try not to let that bother you too much.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Anti-Matter

@Ninjalaislit
Ah, thanks for replying me. πŸ˜€
Well, almost nobody ever got reacted by my game purchase considering my game purchase were mostly never heard before games.
About Evoland, i knew the game from Nintendolife after i watched the trailer for Switch. I was unimpressed at first when i saw 2D pixelete style of JRPG game but when the graphic evolved gradually from 8 bit style to 16 bit style then to 3D rendering, i was shocked and suddenly i want to buy that game for delivering very creative ideas.
The games has 2 different series. The 1st one was like parody of Zelda with FF VII, FF VIII, Bomberman, Dragon Quest, etc.
The 2nd one was more polished. It was like Zelda + Bomberman + Chrono Cross + Metroidvania + 2D Mario + Shoot em up games + Street Fighter (i was sold by Evoland 2 by having fighting scene like Street Fighter and the main hero became like Ryu with his signature moves Hadouken, Shoryuken, Tatsumaki Kyaku while the opponent was like Akuma with Raging Demon, Hadouken, Psycho Crusher. I was laughing hard on the floor when i saw Street Fighter parody on Evoland 2)

Btw, you want to see the Street Fighter parody on Evoland 2?
You won't believe this. 🀣🀣🀣

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Eel

Wait.
Wait wait wait wait.

Rremember my assassins creed problem? Well I received my replacement.

Except I just checked and the replacement was supposed to come with something else, ya know they sometimes combine orders when shipping. This is not that.

This is the original game their system said was being refunded. The package with the replacement is still on its way.

Oh my.

I also got them to speed the refunding process on four other orders that had the same problem, and already used that refund money to buy other gifts. What if those are still also on the way.

Oh my.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

@MarioLover92
Oh, the mini booklet was a character design concept and the final result. πŸ˜€
Evoland Legendary Edition was my second purchase of limited print games after i bought Earthlock Switch version by Super Rare Games from Ebay last year. It was very expensive. πŸ˜‘

Evoland Legendary Edition got physical release on Switch first by Super Rare Games, then got physical release again on PS4 by Red Art Games and you can order the PS4 version from playasia. πŸ˜„

Anti-Matter

MPSSislit

@Anti-Matter
No problem. If there's a game you want people to know about, and Nintendo Life hasn't posted about it, you can always tag on of the authors to let them know what game you want to share (and a source, as well).
Yeah, I've never been a huge fan of 2D Platformers either. I like 2D platformers, but I prefer 3D Platformers as well.
Wow, that's a lot of parodying for a series to do.
I saw the parody and was like "How is this even legal, and not copyright infringement?" πŸ€”πŸ˜†
I also found it pretty funny, as they even say the same lines from Street Fighter. πŸ˜†πŸ€£

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. πŸ€”
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

MarioVillager92

@Anti-Matter Oh that's cool - I have quite a few art books besides the one for Sonic Mania. I enjoy reading them from time to time. I have art books for Super Mario Odyssey, Cuphead, Xenoblade Chronicles, and the Mega Man X series (called the official complete works).

I still have my copy of F-Zero Climax, I got that from PlayAsia too. That was years ago, however - pretty sure I got that in 2008.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Tyranexx

Two more work days until my long weekend. Today was fairly decent, so hopefully the rest of my work week will be too.

@Anti-Matter I get you. It's your money, and it makes organizational sense to have both games on one console. Personally I'll be sticking with the Switch version for the first game. Hopefully the second game makes the Switch too.

And I do see many (though not all) of your posts in this thread, and I do enjoy them. I just haven't had as much time for the site lately and haven't been as involved in the forums. I've scaled back commenting in articles a little too.

@Eel Oh my? When do the lions and tigers and bears all file through your front door?

You might wanna hide that Karen wig....

@Heavyarms55 Yep. My high school had...roughly 150 students around that point in time? And a breezeway connected the HS to the elementary and jr. high. Other than a parochial school in the same district, all the kids were filtered to one large, interconnected building. We didn't have a couple of big-name sports like football, so if you wanted to play those you had to drive yourself to a different nearby district that did have them or join a summer sports club. The school itself is the result of a merger between two small communities that occurred back in the 1950s. A few years after I left, they started co-oping in many sports and band with another school district due to declining numbers.

Everyone knew everyone, and cliques couldn't really form outside of the larger stereotypical ones lol.

I won't be running off with that pie. I'd rather not risk losing an arm.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx I honestly really like the idea of having all 3 school levels in one location in a single large complex. It means they can share support staff, it's easier to coordinate teaching materials, teachers can share one larger copy room instead of every building needing their own, etc etc.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Tyranexx

@Heavyarms55 There was definitely a lot of sharing and coordination between the staff, particularly between the jr. high and high school. Some of the jr. high teachers fielded a couple of the high school classes in subjects they specialized in. I went down to one of them my senior year for botany and zoology. I loved her classroom, thanks to the menagerie of animals she had in there. On a rare free day, she'd let us get out some of the calmer animals as long as we kept them in the room. I can say I've had a domestic rat chill out on my shoulder. And the sixth grade garter snake she inherited after the teacher in charge of her retired was pretty chill, too.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx Rats are fairly cute when you are confident they aren't carrying any diseases.

And yeah, what you describe is the general idea. But I know building such complexes for schools is difficult just for the needed land for the campus.

Eel

@Tyranexx I'm honestly quite conflicted. On the one hand, it's entirely their fault for sending me notifications saying my purchases were being returned and refunded. On the other hand maybe I was a bit too hasty in asking them to speed up the refunding/replacement process?

I'm considering the idea of contacting them to ask if there's something I should do about the situation... But I'm not sure if it's worth the problem.

In either case... <throws the karen wig at Tyranexx> It's yours now!

πŸƒβ€β™‚οΈ

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

@Heavyarms55 Both rats were named Thelma and Louise. Thelma was more active, but Louise was more laid back and would just chill lol. Besides the rats and the snake, there were also two domestic mice, a salamander, and a chinchilla.

@Eel Catches Karen wig Awesome! Now I just need the proper makeup, outfit, and handbag....

Heavyarms55

Man, even the second time through, the events of Xenoblade Chronicles 2; Chapter 7 and 8 really are incredible. Even though various things had been foreshadowed before that point in the game, when you finally start seeing the truth it's really mind blowing. And still this second time playing the game, it's very impactful. It will forever be some of my favorite moments in fiction.

@Tyranexx I never had much experience with animals growing up. I'm currently living in a house with two small dogs, and it was yet another adjustment getting used to that when my life got flipped upside down. I still think I'd prefer cats, but the dogs have grown on me a lot. How many animals did you guys have at the school? Do you have pets now?

Edited on by Heavyarms55

BruceCM

So, @Eel, you got your AC game & it's being refunded ....? There's also a replacement on the way? Eh, it certainly is all their fault but you could return the replacement when it arrives, if it makes you feel better

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic