Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 45,841 to 45,860 of 69,169

ogo79

@Eel
yeah james was first, you know whats weird, i was trying to find one of tbds video on here last night myself, i was gonna post it here but couldnt find it. i miss dez

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Eel

@ogo79 if you're interested, you can revisit the entire thread by searching "ask theblackdragon" on the forums.

As a general tip for anyone interested in these old threads: please do not revive them.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Heavyarms55

@Octane Really? It's very common in America to hire a company to come and trim trees or mow your lawn and such. My father used to spend hours and hours every week taking care of our yard when I was a kid. And he still had to hire someone to come and apply fertilizer and safe weed killer a couple times a year. And we had a relatively average size yard. I knew people in town with a lot larger yards.

@NEStalgia that is one thing I can say is very much not the case. As I mentioned, I've been walking all over the neighborhood lately (actually to the point that I blistered my foot and had to stay home today) and I haven't seen a single plate from the North East. Some California, Nevada and New Mexico plates but the vast majority are AZ plates. I do think most people in this community have money, but I've started to get the impression that a sizable number of households here are similar to my current situation, with several generations, or an extended family living together. There does seem to be a good number of kids, and there is even an elementary school right in the neighborhood (not that it's in use currently). On my walks, I have seen a good number of people of a wide range of ages. Mostly white and black though, I haven't noticed any people of Hispanic or Asian descent. Of course that could just be coincidence. Age wise this area really doesn't have the feel of a retirement community at all.

As for nature, well, here, nature is either manufactured, or it's dead dry soil with the occasional scorpion. In Japan I loved the nature, and I got it on my walks. That's a paradox of Japan for sure. Tokyo in American media is always talked about being super high population density with hyper urbanization. But there's trees, plants, flowers, ferns, shrubs etc etc all over. Some huge buildings in Japan convert their entire roof into a garden. There was a one huge 14 story store complex I visited and both the roof and half of another floor were just public gardens open to anyone. And in Shiga, I could walk to the lake in about an hour and a half at a leisurely pace playing Pokemon Go. Or I could go a different route into the mountains which, unlike Arizona's dry, dead, hellscape, Japanese mountains are lush forests full of life.

I grew up in Michigan, so I know full well the need to be able to drive through snow. I've driven through 8 inches of snow in a 1997 Ford Tauros (Much smaller than the current car of the same name). It's doable. Like I mentioned elsewhere, I get that people like them as a hobby or status symbol I suppose, but it still strikes me as ridiculous. I can't relate. But it doesn't directly affect me. It's just another major difference I need to adjust to. Another aspect of this totally different lifestyle I need to learn to live with...

Speaking of buying game consoles and cost, yes, exactly that. Occasionally I do feel a tad selfish and guilty at the amount of money I've spent on gaming. Then I remember that if I had saved every dime I've ever spent on gaming it wouldn't buy me one new Mustang GT or F-150, (forget the more advanced models of those) not by a long shot. So I don't feel quite as bad. Plenty of hobbies are WAY more expensive than gaming.

Ah, rivers. I've been here 2 weeks and I already desperately miss water that wasn't pumped in from another state. Why does this town exist?

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Eel

The desert is full of life too. It's just a different kind of life.

To try and force the desert to be anything else is ecologically irresponsible: precious resources are wasted to keep the foreign plants alive, and native species are damaged in the process. So it's quite nice to hear your town is not interested in doing that.

One of my cousins in Arizona actually lives in a neighborhood where any plant that would not be naturally living a desert, is strictly prohibited in their gardens.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Anti-Matter

@Eel
I was wondering what kind of vegetarian protein source from desert area.
Can we cultivate mushroom on desert area inside the building for growing mushroom ?

My Top 3 Dance Dance Revolution Arcade:
1. Dance Dance Revolution X2
2. Dance Dance Revolution EXTREME
3. Dance Dance Revolution 3rd Mix

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Eel

I don't think mushrooms like the desert very much.

Living in the futuristic year of 2020, you don't really need to worry about having to produce your own vegetarian protein though... Just buy it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Zuljaras

@Anti-Matter Mushrooms need to be in extremely humid places. The desert is the last place they need to be in

Maybe cactuses are more reliable because I know that some "sand people" eat their fruits (but in large volumes they upset the stomach!) and they make drinks from the juices.

Edited on by Zuljaras

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/05/random-doom-fan-has-a-novel-way-to-display-a-destroyed-switch-cartridge

ogo79

@Eel
i searched wrong...for the first time...what an idiot

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Eel

@Zuljaras As far as I know, our local ancient natives mostly survived on fish and deer.

Does deer count as "vegetarian" protein? Eh? Eh?

(I do not live in Arizona mind you, I'm talking about natives in Baja California Sur. I think the few tribes that lived here became extinct after the Spanish found them.)

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Zuljaras

@Eel Ofc it is!

"We are what we eat!"

So deer eats grass therefore it is grass. We eat deer so we eat grass therefore we are grass ... nothing is at it would seem.

Some deep stuff right there!

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/05/random-doom-fan-has-a-novel-way-to-display-a-destroyed-switch-cartridge

ogo79

its dangerous to go alone!
take this.
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:

ogo79

yeah no joke.
one time i helped make like 21 dozen or so tamales it took like 8 hours.
and 8 minutes to eat them.

the_shpydar wrote:

Eel

Oh wow that’s a lot. Hopefully it was with a fun group of people. Last time I helped make tamales, cousin Linda started talking about her, uh, toad venom “experience” with that desert shaman.

Anyway, I guess I’ll just have a tamal or two for dinner tomorrow.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Anti-Matter

Speaking of Tamales, if you reverse the word it will become Selamat.
Selamat is one of Indonesian word which means Safe (Selamat), Rescue (Menyelamatkan), Greeting (Selamat pagi / siang / sore / malam / etc), Congratulation, Celebration (Selamat Hari Natal / Merry Christmas).

My Top 3 Dance Dance Revolution Arcade:
1. Dance Dance Revolution X2
2. Dance Dance Revolution EXTREME
3. Dance Dance Revolution 3rd Mix

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

ogo79

Eel wrote:

Anyway, I guess I’ll just have a tamal or two for dinner tomorrow.

that sounds so terrible, i guess i forced you to eat tamales now, im a horrible person

Anti-Matter wrote:

Speaking of Tamales, if you reverse the word it will become Selamat.
Selamat is one of Indonesian word which means Safe (Selamat), Rescue (Menyelamatkan), Greeting (Selamat pagi / siang / sore / malam / etc), Congratulation, Celebration (Selamat Hari Natal / Merry Christmas).

i can confidently assure you i know how to rescue tamales.

the_shpydar wrote:

ThanosReXXX

@Apportal That's just all the sour-faced whiners who expect that Nintendo is going to drop at least three major triple A titles every month, and who are subsequently "justifiably" offended that they didn't get what they so "realistically" demanded... .

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX Do people really expect every company to drop AAA titles every month? Do you refer to the crowd that say Nintendo will lose the next gen war etc.?

If so they are a really small minority.

There are SOOO many games right now that should be enough for a normal gamers for at least 2-3 years ahead.

Edited on by Zuljaras

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras No, they only expect that where Nintendo is concerned, apparently.

Sony can release an upscaled PS4 DLC package as a next gen game and people are laughing and cheering all the way to the bank...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic