Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 45,821 to 45,840 of 96,507

porto

@BabyYoshi12 The Nintendolife article stated the Mario Kart contraption was around 100$. Which is honestly fair with that type of technology, but still not enough to make me cash out that much.

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

NOOOO...!!!
WHY...?!
Untitled
The Sims 4 + Star Wars = Disgusting for me. šŸ¤®
I do not even like anything from Star Wars.
This is the first time i will NOT add that Expansion pack from The Sims games.

Anti-Matter

Eel

@Zuljaras aw I love my TloZ NES Classics cartridge. I played it a lot as a teen.

Too bad it has some weird security measures. When I learned how to create back ups of my GBA games last month, I found out itā€™s the only one of my games that canā€™t be played on anything but official hardware.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Heavyarms55

@MarioLover92 I am all for big DLC expansions. But microtransactions replacing progression for content unlocks is cancer.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

porto

@Anti-Matter if you want to get defensive about people calling you out for being over-dramatic thatā€™s fine, but going and saying Star Wars is ā€œdisgustingā€ isnā€™t exactly the best idea.

However I do agree with you. I donā€™t exactly like Star Wars or The Sims, so I wonā€™t be getting it either šŸ˜‚

Edited on by porto

porto

MarioVillager92

@Heavyarms55 Yup. I don't like them one bit. Even CTR: Nitro-Fueled wasn't safe from them. I mean...why?????

@Apportal @Anti-Matter I looked it up on a whim, I found out that many people are upset about the Star Wars crossover too. So you're not alone, Anti. See for yourself.

And yeah, Apportal...I'm also not exactly a big fan of either franchise. XD

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Heavyarms55

@Zuljaras That's pretty cool. I remember just loving the novelty of the grey cartridges back when they were new. I always liked having different color game cartridges and controllers. Still do.

@Anti-Matter That's fair that you don't like it. But you might want to work on how you express it. Are you gonna be cool with people saying things you like are disgusting? I know English isn't your first language, but other people might not.

Just offering some friendly advice. The developers of the Sims are just making a lazy cash grab, capitalizing on what's popular. Not exactly an uncommon thing for EA. Like you said, just skip this expansion.

And being fair to EA - not something I do often - they aren't really any worse than Epic or Activision anymore. In terms of cash grabs and greed.

@MarioLover92 Oh it's nasty. This kid gets a gift from his grandparents (my aunt and uncle) every month. And he always asks for more Fortnite bucks (apparently, this is all new to me still) And what does he do? He buys levels with them. Because he wants to skip ahead and unlock a skin that he could get, just by playing the game. Something he would do, either way. Google says that my guess was right, your level resets in that game every season, for more unlocks, pressuring players to play more or pay.

My aunt and I tried to talk him out of buying levels and to at least use the bucks on special skins or something, but he still wanted to do it. So we aren't letting him get any more this month. He ain't my kid. If he were, I'd not let him do that at all.

Kids now are growing up with this model of game design and marketing. For them, it is perfectly normal. It makes me sad. In this, I see the death of traditional game design. Why have things unlockable at all? If this continues, it seems like everything will just be microtransaction based.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Anti-Matter

@Heavyarms55
I am still single and if i am a Daddy, i will not allowing my kids play and think about Fortnite. And also mobile games are prohibited as my bold statement not supporting mobile games industry.
I will display 10 commandments of playing video games and both me and my kids have to obey the 10 rules of video gaming even they have grown up become adult.

Oh, also about Star Wars on The Sims 4, i felt gross to see stupid outfits of Star Wars (sorry if it still sounds harsh, i don't know the right word to express my strong dislikeness about Star Wars franchise).
I never like most of Western franchises such as Star Wars, Marvel, Harry Potter, Indiana Jones, etc.
I prefer Japanese franchises instead, as long not too cringy.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@Heavyarms55 Yeah absolutely! If I do end up having children one day, I would have them play Mario, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, or Sonic instead. I don't think I would be comfortable with even the thought of my kids playing Fortnite, honestly. Because of microtransactions alone. I want my kids to have fun...not to continually pay to unlock stuff like measly level-ups.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

porto

@MarioLover92 what did @Eel just say?!

Does anyone play any musical instruments? I play guitar fairly well, and its my only other pastime other than being a lonely goofball and gaming until 4:00 in the morning.

Edited on by porto

porto

Tyranexx

Sorry I've been a bit quiet lately. I've had quite a bit going on IRL in the adulting department this week, plus I've been trying to spend a bit less time on the internet in general. I absolutely can't stand election years or the news cycle here (in the US) anymore.

I never have played Fortnite. I can see why people enjoy it, but I'm not into 1. Battle royale types and 2. Most shooters. Plus, it more or less looks like the same basic gameplay loop over and over again. Kinda like how I view racing games; I enjoy them for a little while, but they don't hold my attention for long. The fact that there's some form of progression is a bit of a saving grace, but having a lot of that reset during each season seems like a big slap in the face when one like yours truly only has limited amounts of time to game.

My dislike of microtransactions aside (though this depends on the game and how they're implemented; some like Pokemon Go make it fully possible to play without spending a cent), I dislike how Epic essentially has tried to get consumers to fight their battle against Apple for them. Look guys, you signed a contract with the various digital storefronts your game is available on. Dont pretend you're all for the consumer and their "rights" when you're clearly just doing it all to cut out the middleman and line your pockets even more.

I hope such a profit model does not compose the future of gaming. I'll become a retro-only gamer if everything shifts over to pay to win with no alternative. What bothers me is that many people, particularly children, are being conditioned into this like it's some type of norm.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Sunsy

I remember trying Fortnite once, only to remove it because the game wasn't my cup of tea. When it comes to battle royale games, I do enjoy the occasional game of Apex Legends on my PC (personally, I'm happy about this game coming to Switch). Being an EA published game, I'm surprised I haven't spent a penny on it and still unlocked some nice skins from just playing.

If a game is free-to-play, I can see buying an in-game item or two if I like the game. That's about it. Buying levels to level up is a completely new concept to me. Given my experience with other free-to-play games, I never had a problem unlocking stuff from playing. I've unlocked quite a few cars in Asphalt 9 on Switch from just playing, and it feels rewarding when a car finally unlocks.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

ogo79

@Zuljaras
ha!
@ThanosReXXX
come on man. ill give you a coupon!
picky eater you are

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Losermagnet

@Tyranexx Between COVID and elections, 2020 has given me numerous reasons to avoid other people.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

porto

@Losermagnet I avoid people in general, 2020 just gave me an excuse to

porto

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic