Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 45,861 to 45,880 of 96,570

Anti-Matter

I found this gameplay video from my Favorite list.
It's Zettai Onkan Otoda Master, Japanese exclusive NDS game with interesting battle system than typical Pokemon games.

@Heavyarms55 Have you ever heard that game before ? (look at Youtube video above)

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Sunsy

@Eel Now that's really weird. I'll check the listing later out of curiosity as I'm not near my Switch at the moment. I'm curious on seeing this description now.

Now I want a Talking Tom Nook game where everything you say to it, Tom Nook says back in Animal Crossing's language (I forget what it's called).

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

porto

@Sunsy I looked at the game on switch and he’s right. At the bottom it says “Lorem ipsum” and the description for the game is just “talking Tom game” or whatever. Everything else seems fine tho.

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Sunsy

@Apportal I just checked it for myself now that I'm near my Switch. I didn't even notice before too. I just peaked on the eShop out of curiosity earlier too.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx "Yeah" to pretty much everything you said.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

ogo79

its dangerous to go alone!
take this.
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

porto

It’s dangerous to go alone!
Go to sleep.

porto

Tyranexx

Apportal wrote:

It’s dangerous to go alone!
Go to sleep.

What is this "sleep" you speak of?

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

BabyYoda71

@Apportal Ugh, I wish. Ever since I got my second puppy I’ve barely gotten any sleep. I go to bed at 10-11 and wake up at 8. I normally sleep in until 9:30, resulting in roughly 10 hours of solid sleep. Now I’m lucky if I get 9.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

BabyYoda71

@Tyranexx I always wonder what the point of gift cards are. You pay $20 for a $20 gift card, so the amount of money stays the same. But you’re limiting it down to just 1 store. You’re basically taking money you can do anything with and getting money you can spend on one thing.

You mentioned Fall Guys. I generally don’t like Battle Royals either, but I make an exception. Well, I would if I could play. I only have a Switch and a MacBook. No PC or PS5.

EDIT: or PS4. Not sure why I said PS5. I guess I know very little about Play Stations.

Edited on by BabyYoda71

BabyYoda71

I have a childhood memory. At my daycare, there was a PS2. It had one game, a Disney Princess game that was one of the funnest games I’ve ever played. The problem is- there was 5 sections of the game, each were quite time consuming. And the PS2 didn’t have a save card. So we had to restart the game every day. Once, after like 7 hours of gaming, we FINALLY beat the game. That was one of the happiest moments of my life.

porto

@BabyYoshi12 I haven't gotten much sleep lately either. Had to get some doctor-prescribed medicine to help out. Tell me more about this lovely pooch of yours

Gift cards purpose is to give people as a gift. So for example, instead of giving them 20$ and telling them its for whatever you want, you give them a 20$ gift card for Applebees, -Your pretend friend's favorite restaurant-. It's more thoughtful and a better gift than just plain old cash. Gift cards aren't meant to be for you, for someone as a gift instead.

Edited on by porto

porto

Tyranexx

@BabyYoshi12 I don't mind receiving gift cards for stores I'm genuinely interested in. That said, I don't ask for just gift cards but mention them on Christmas lists if someone would be more comfortable getting them. My immediate family doesn't gift them too much, but my mom gets them a lot typically for her own use. There's a fundraising program out there called Scrip that some school systems use to raise money. Basically they get a percentage of the proceeds from gift card sales.

Any old gift card is pointless if it isn't for a place someone ever shops at, so that's why I always specify.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Zuljaras

I saw a nice discount for The Legend of Zelda: Art and Artifacts and World of Warcraft: The Official Cookbook (LootCrate Edition). I saw reviews of both and ordered them instantly.

After that I realized just how much I have missed on Gaming Art Books. The Art of Diablo, the artbook of Zelda Links Awakening and so much more.

porto

@Zuljaras what was the discount?

porto

BabyYoda71

@Tyranexx @Apportal I understand that gift cards are meant for other people and I don’t mind getting them or giving them. I just sort of wonder how the person who created it came up with the idea? It’s interesting.

On August 29 (1 week and 2 days ago) I got my second puppy! Untitled

He’s super duper cute! His name is Rudy. He’s getting along well with my first puppy, Maui. They nap together!
Untitled

porto

I'm sorry @BabyYoshi12, the owner of this device is now dead. While performing the autopsy it was shown he died of cuteness overdose.

Adorable!

porto

JaxonH

Anyone here knowledgeable about stocks and mutual funds?

I’m reasonably well versed, but self taught, and would like some opinions on what most people consider a reasonable fund allocation for 401k portfolios to hit 7%+ per year on average.

Been doing 50% S&P500 and 50% technology, but moved funds out of tech into US Bonds because I feared a sharp correction in tech due to the massive summer rally. So I thought it might be a good time to rethink diversification, maybe put some into Healthcare and some into Retail... not a big fan of bonds because I have 35 years until retirement and want to see more growth. But I’m not quite sure what a good investment mix would be. I don’t like Fidelity’s Target Date 2055 fund, because it’s not nearly aggressive enough and doesn’t see adequate growth.

I know a lot of people here are my age so I figured I might have a good shot of at least one person knowing a little bit about this.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic