Forums

Topic: NintendoLife Artists Thread

Posts 1,021 to 1,040 of 2,537

jedgamesguy

Oh no, a furry. But did you have that just... lying around @Zuljaras?

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter Boohoo, "I won't lose"...

Man, you're a full-grown, 35 year old adult male. Stop your crying about me "sabotaging" your drawing. It was just a harmless bit of fun, a joke. One that you shouldn't take so much offense to. But your reaction actually takes all the fun out of it.

@TheJGG Ha! Brilliant. It will fly over his head, though. And that's the sad thing about it. Had he only once in every while posted a Chibi kickboxer, or better yet: a Chibi character and NOT a damn kickboxer EVERY damn time, then it might even have been worth checking out or complimenting, but when I see the EXACT same bodies, eyes, heads with only minor changes to clothes, positions and backgrounds, it all becomes very samey WAY too soon...

@Zuljaras Ah, yes... the actual nice anthro drawing. Kinda reminds me of that latest Ubisoft game who's original title they so stupidly changed...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Dogorilla

I think people are being a bit harsh here? Nothing wrong with giving Anti some constructive criticism but equally if he's happy with his style the way it is then he's perfectly within his rights to stick with it. Constantly replying to his posts making fun of him for it being 'copy and paste' is just cruel and childish. I think his art looks great personally.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Zuljaras

@Dogorilla To be honest I am harsh but there is nothing wrong with that. He can defend his work and stick to it and there is nothing wrong with that either.

But this is a public place with all kind of people. If he does not want his work criticized he should post it somewhere without the possibility of comments.

If I post my artwork here just to get praise this is attention seeking.

And why it is so wrong to say that it is copy and paste when I clearly see it is. He just changes the heads a little and that is it.

"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen." - Harry S. Truman

Anti-Matter

@Dogorilla
Thanks. 😀
I appreciate it.
Chibi style drawing is my signature drawing style, of course there will be some similarities between my other characters just like Butch Harman drawing style for Fairly Odd Parents, Danny Phantom or Akira Toriyama drawing style for Dragon Ball, Dagon Quest, Chrono Trigger or Naoko Takeuchi drawing style for Sailor Moon, Wedding Peach.

For project 2020 and 2021, i tried to draw Anthro animals and of course in Chibi style.
Drawing anthro birds was pretty hard as i have to know the wings design for every birds i choose. I will keep improving the Chibi proportion for Anthro animals as i have learnt from other users drawing how did they draw nice looking Chibi Anthro animals.

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@Dogorilla I'm not "constantly" replying to his posts. I was just in a bit of a mischievous mood and decided to have some fun with one of his drawings, that's all. But they are indeed VERY samey nonetheless, so that people grow tired of them, even though the art in and of itself is actually quite professionally drawn, is to be expected to some extent.

So, regardless of how good or artistic something is, if it is simply repeated time and time again, that initial positive impression will fade pretty quickly...

As for giving constructive criticism: he either doesn't understand the concept, or he simply ignores it, so that's pretty much useless to try and do. As you can see in his above comment, he simply negates any criticism by saying, and he probably fully believes this himself, that there is only "some" similarities between his drawings, when in reality, ALL of them are copy paste with different heads, clothes and backgrounds. Other than that, it's all completely interchangeable six-pack chibi bodies.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Dogorilla

@Zuljaras The actual criticism is reasonable, but you've replied to him several times saying pretty much the same thing (ironically), and it just comes across as picking on him rather than being constructive.

@Anti-Matter Good to hear, keep it up!

Funky Kong

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter I don't think you should even try and compare yourself to those types of grand masters. Their art is FAR beyond what even any of us can do. And Akira Toriyama DEFINITELY does NOT draw the exact same characters all the time, let alone have all his characters have the EXACT same body. His worlds and characters are full of variety and life. If you see him as any kind of example, then perhaps you should try and get some more inspiration from him, which might help you out in more ways than you might be able to imagine at this point.

For starters, how about having varying body sizes and volumes? In real life, that's what you'd also have, after all, and even in chibi art, you could still make thin or fat people, or short and long people. It would definitely be a good start.

Dogorilla

@ThanosReXXX Yeah it wasn't you in particular that replies to his posts a lot, but various people have done for a while. It's true that the drawings are all very similar and there's nothing inherently wrong with joking around with them, but I don't think it's unreasonable of him to find it insulting when you say his drawings are boring.

Funky Kong

VoidofLight

Butch Hartman didn't even draw his own characters. The person who did the art for his shows is the same person who did Kim Possible. It's evident in recent years that the guy has really shabby artistic abilities.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Zuljaras

@Dogorilla Well it is what it is I stopped being constructive towards him long time ago when I saw that it is IMPOSSIBLE to give him any advice on anything.

Especially after what he is doing lately ... logging out of his account to see who of his ignored users has posted something so he can post as well. He is doing this to be noticed

ThanosReXXX

@Dogorilla Well, no offense meant, but I think they are boring, or rather: as I explained before: they have become boring, because it's basically just LEGO, at this point. Parts are swapped every time, but the core image is still the same every time, and this thread is about artists and inspiring others with your drawings, build projects of photographs, and I'm sorry to say but copy/paste stuff is not really very inspiring.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Dogorilla

@Link-Hero I'm not making excuses for anything, I just thought people were being unnecessarily rude. I appreciate Anti can be unpleasant at times too but I don't know why people keep going on at him instead of just ignoring him. That's why we have the ignore button.

Funky Kong

ThanosReXXX

@Dogorilla Probably because some of us don't want to use the ignore button, because it's the ultimate form of defeatism/flee vs fight, and if you're not the one doing something wrong, why should YOU bow down and remove yourself from the equation by using that option? You may feel that you're removing somebody else, which is exactly what this function is supposed to make you think, but in fact it's you running away.

Well, I'm staying, so no ignore button usage for me.

As for him being unpleasant: far as I'm concerned, that's not even the case. He IS stubborn, hard-headed, selectively deaf and blind to a lot of things and comments that are actually meant as constructive, EVEN if they sometimes DO come across as harsh or a bit too much in your face.

I always try to keep certain factors in mind, such as him being from another part of the world, and as such having other views, ideas and upbringing, which shapes a person, obviously, and which might make communication less straight forward than between you and me, for example, and then there's also the fact that he has Asperger's, so he's in the spectrum of autism, but even that is no excuse.

I know several people that are also in the spectrum, but they are all high-functioning, logical people, if a little quaint at times. But never overly stubborn, self-pitying or as is the case with Anti sometimes, overly sensitive for his age.

So, it's not that he himself is unpleasant, there's just SO many factors all together that we might have to take into account, or not, and that makes communication, or trying to get somewhere useful when discussing things with him pretty exhausting, to say the least. And as such, as all normal people sometimes do, we lose our patience.

Nothing weird about that, and as a full-grown adult (he's 35 or older), he doesn't need anyone to hold his hand or to shield him from all the "bad" commenters on here. In fact, that kind of behavior could actually be WAY more damaging than him getting a bit of reality to chew on from time to time, because it's giving him positive confirmation that his behavior is warranted and okay, while it most definitely is not.

Anyways, I've now already said way more than I wanted to say about this and I don't want to be the a-hole that ruined this thread, so here is where I'll stop, before it also ruins my own weekend...

Nothing personal towards you, though. Just thought I'd explain myself and my views on this.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Snatcher

@ThanosReXXX YESS thank you!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

@VoidofLight I have been meaning to look into this more saying as the dude has rip'd of many other artist for 200$ comish.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

VoidofLight

@Snatcher Yeah I remember hearing about that. He literally copied someone's fanart, but did it worse than the original piece.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Snatcher

@VoidofLight Ya and the funny thing is people were self promoting there own art giving out better art for cheaper comish.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic