Forums

Topic: Yokai Watch

Posts 121 to 140 of 162

Anti-Matter

I was in mission like Yokai Watch Busters from Yokai Watch 3 Tempura and i was thinking what was going on. 😯
Fortunately my current team in USA was strong enough to beat the wild Yokai and first boss from the mission.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

I have reached Chapter 4 for Hailey side from Yokai Watch 3 Tempura. The last mission at Aobara was pretty cute and bizzare at the same time. The whole town has been inspirited by Mushroom Yokai, i saw a lot of cute colorful mushrooms invaded Aobara. There was a baby Yokai that inspirited Hailey into Cafe maid and NyaKB idol member and i played rhythm based mini games from eating the foods and idol performance. In the end of chapter 3, the baby Yokai gave Hailey Detective outfits as Hailey really wished for.
Oh, boy. It's already morning again in my time. I got a lot of medals of each tribes from Internet Download, time to get some Yokai from medals. Currently, i have better items (Yokai medals and Forbidden apples) on Nate side than Hailey side (i got two level 50 Yokai from Crank a Kai on Hailey side, but my Baseball ball Yokai was quite weak in physical attack even on level 50 but he have hundreds HP so both of my level 50 Yokai are best for tanker).

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter Looks like you're having a really fun time with Yo-Kai Watch 3! I'd like to give that one a try at some point since the combat mechanics are different. Different setting, too.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
Yeah, at first i doubt i can get into the game but after playing Yokai Watch 1 3DS USA version, it gave me some confidence to continue the progress of Yokai Watch 3 Tempura. 😀

As you can see the screenshots i posted above, i got some rare Yokai from certain medals. I really wish i could get another Baseball ball Yokai again for Nate side as i got level 50 Baseball ball Yokai on Hailey side. After i read from wiki, my Baseball Yokai actually could evolved into Baseball player Yokai at level 30 (mine was level 50) and he looked cool for American Yokai.
Untitled

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@Snaplocket I definitely think the combat changes will win me over; I'm not fond of the wheel used in the first two entries. I'm curious to see how they handled the localization changes since the first two games TOTALLY took place in the US. The new country is BBQ or something, if I recall correctly.

@Anti-Matter That's a pretty cool-looking Yo-kai! And baseball is a very popular American sport, so including that one in the game makes total sense.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

VoidofLight

I wish the American yokai were based off American mythology, as the yokai in the first two were based off Japanese mythology.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Tyranexx

@Snaplocket Sounds like a lot of what I liked from the other two games was retained then, in terms of the writing and charm. I think it would've been entertaining to make all the BBQ residents speak Pig Latin or something similar, but then I'm reminded that this IS targeted at a younger audience. XD

I should mention that localization changes don't usually bother me (with a few exceptions), but I do find it entertaining when the setting is said to be "America" when it's very clearly somewhere in Japan lol.

Tyranexx

@Snaplocket I've met a few people who have never heard of the term, or at least didn't know that there was a name for it. So I'd say not.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Anti-Matter

I got another Goofball Yokai (Damajor / Dame ja) from Red medal on Nate side. 😀
He was level 1 when i got him, i put him in my team, got some leveled up and i want to evolve him into Slugger (Damajor Nine).
My favorite looking Yokai so far.
I wish i have a lot of money to buy Technique / Soulmate / Attack / Skill books ($200 each book) so i can quickly upgrade my Yokai attributes.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

This is my little boy in Yokai Watch 3 Tempura, Goofball (i named him Baseball).
Untitled

Untitled

He was still at level 13+ on Nate side. I took some level grinding at mystic forest. When he get evolved, he will turn into muscular Baseball Yokai with cool indigo outfits and black vizor. 😍

Sometimes i got this Apple Yokai oftenly after battle at mystic forest.
Untitled
Too many apples.

And after i finished the quest to find 2 different Yokai for Church quest, i realized that the Church was the Western version of Japanese Shinto temple (place to fuse Yokai and items). I got this cutie pie looking Yokai from the first fusion quest.
Untitled

She looked cute and pretty but when i read her physical attack's name, i saw Smackdown and i was thinking that wasn't a cute attack name. (WWE) 😲😅
Untitled

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

I have reached Chapter 5 for both Nate and Hayley side. 😀
I was working on upgrading the Yokai Rank from D to C for Hailey side. Meanwhile, for Nate side i have solved the mystery of uncharted island that there was a Steve Jaws over there.
Looks like i can follow the storyline despite the game in Japanese languages.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

My boy Goofball (Damajor) from Hailey's team has been evolved into handsome muscular Baseball Yokai with name Slugger (Damajor Nine). 😍
He was no longer wimpy Yokai.
Untitled

Untitled

I still keep his nickname Baseball to make it easier to memorize his name.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

I got some rare Yokai from Yokai Watch 3 Tempura 3DS.
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Looks like peoples here don't care with Yokai Watch games anymore but I still keep digging with this game than Pokemon games.

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter You can read JP?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher
A little bit.
I can read Hiragana and Katakana words.
I still have difficulty to read Kanji words without small Hiragana words on top (Furigana).
But even though I can read them, mostly I have no idea of the meaning of those words. There are some Japanese words I knew the meaning such as Hajimekara (New Game), Tsusugikara (Continue), etc.

I was so lucky to get Yokai Watch 3 Japanese version from Tokopedia with very cheap price and able to finish the storyline despite in Japanese language. And after completing the storyline of Yokai Watch 3 Japanese version, I don't think I want to get english version in physical as the games are impossible to get due to very few copies released and the price of English version was insane on Ebay. So I will try to get Sushi and Sukiyaki version to complete the Trio version of Yokai Watch 3 games.

And beside.... BBQ city name (English) sounds terrible than USA city name (Japan).

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Yoshaaa...!
I got another Kyubi after finishing the sub quest from Hailey side. (Already got one before from Crank-a-Kai).
Untitled
Kyubi was already level 50 when I got her from the sub quest so I can make another team to level up other Yokai.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Yaaaay...!!
I got Enma from battle after finishing his quest. 😀
And he is already level 60 !! 😲
Untitled

Untitled

I named him God.

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter DId you get him in blasters? Sorry if I don't know, the only real yokai watch game I played was blasters, after I waited for it to come to the west. I did get alot those characters tho.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher
I got this Enma from Yokai Watch 3 Tempura 3DS.
Notice if there are Japanese words on the photos.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Dang it!
I forgot to charge my Japan 3DS LL after playing Yokai Watch 3 Tempura yesterday (battery life was 50%)
I must wait for 2 hours for fully recharghed.
Say... Which Yokai games i should play while waiting my Japan 3DS LL got full energy ?
Yokai Watch 1 or Yokai Watch Blasters: White Dog Squad ?

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic