Forums

Topic: Metroid: Samus Returns

Posts 101 to 120 of 744

roy130390

Having the amiibo in the pose of the original return of Samus game cover made me want it instantly. Despite it's simplicity that cover is one of my favourites, to the point that I'll choose this one over the original Samus amiibo even if I like Other M suit more. I'm also getting that Squishy Metroid because, well... it's squishy.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

I-U

I will own the amiibo. I will own the SE even if I have to pay 3-4 times the store price. I will be playing this on release. The reveal trailer for this game made me emotional, as I've wanted a return of 2D Metroid, an official remake of Metroid II from Nintendo and a return of melee mechanics that they first toyed with in Other M. I've beaten the original twice via the 3DS VC and have played a few hours of AM2R. I'm more than ready for September.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

MarcelRguez

The trailer for this games has 1.4 million views right now. Only Super Mario Odyssey's (4.4m) and Prime 4's teaser (1.2) have surpassed the 1m mark. Make no mistake, people are excited fot this.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

JaxonH

@Tsurii
You don't.

But extent of commotion and chatter is a pretty reliable indicator for interest and excitement..

PLAYING
NS: Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak, Portal 1/2
STEAM/DECK: Monster Hunter World
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

MarcelRguez

@Tsurii If it's only going to happen once, I'm very glad it's this time. That special edition is packed.

MarcelRguez

KO-Cub

I have such mixed feelings when watching Sakamoto talk in that interview, and it's exciting. Seeing how Other M turned out, he also made Fusion, and Zero Mission with great passion and was well received. He looks really confident with what he's produced here.

Makes Sakamoto feel mysterious. I just wanna dissect him, about Metroid.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Ralizah

@JaxonH Not much to talk about. It isn't out yet.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

Bolt_Strike

MarcelRguez wrote:

Revamped/expanded map confirmed:
Untitled

Wow.

This makes even AM2R look like a preschool effort and you can tell Doc put a lot of effort into his version.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Eel

The maps from Samus Returns are not complete, they're put together from the little bits that they showed in the stream.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

MarcelRguez

@Meowpheel Yeah, you can that the individual rooms aren't mapped completely. That's not the point, though. There's tons of stuff that isn't in the original or AM2R.

MarcelRguez

roy130390

@Tsurii I don't think he's meaning that the new stuff and areas are a bad thing, quite the contrary.

roy130390

@Tsurii Lol no problem, it's understandable.

Honestly I'm just so happy we are getting this, I still can't believe it. What do you guys think the amiibo will do? Maybe some kind of extra like a Boss Rush mode, a new area or a creature gallery? A mini game of a dating simulator in which you, as Samus, have to choose between an Omega Metroid, space pirate #253, Mother Brain, Kraid and Ridley?

Edited on by roy130390

MarcelRguez

Realistically, something like refilling health and such.

MarcelRguez

roy130390

@Meowpheel Awww I'd love that life sucking alien jellyfish as a pet! Besides I could be the best there ever was with it at my side. Megas? Special Moves? Pfft!

Eel

Metroid used Leech Life!

And the public goes crazy!

No, like really, they're scared and screaming, make it stop.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

MarcelRguez

Name-checking for anyone that's still concerned about Mercury Steam's involvement:

Yoshio Sakamoto is acting as the producer of the title. Not sure if he's in the director's seat this time around, although he probably is. What's known is that Takehiko Hosokawa is directing the title. The man acted as game designer in Fusion and scenario designer for Zero Mission, so he has tons of experience with these titles. More importantly, he's also the one redesigning the map. Kenji Yamamoto and Minako Hamano are handling the music. Both have been involved with the series' soundtrack since Super Metroid.

Seems like Nintendo is overseeing this title heavily. They really want to make sure it's a quality project.

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic