Forums

Topic: Metroid: Samus Returns

Posts 101 to 120 of 716

Ralizah

@JaxonH Not much to talk about. It isn't out yet.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Bolt_Strike

MarcelRguez wrote:

Revamped/expanded map confirmed:
Untitled

Wow.

This makes even AM2R look like a preschool effort and you can tell Doc put a lot of effort into his version.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Eel

The maps from Samus Returns are not complete, they're put together from the little bits that they showed in the stream.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

MarcelRguez

@Meowpheel Yeah, you can that the individual rooms aren't mapped completely. That's not the point, though. There's tons of stuff that isn't in the original or AM2R.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

roy130390

@Tsurii I don't think he's meaning that the new stuff and areas are a bad thing, quite the contrary.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

roy130390

@Tsurii Lol no problem, it's understandable.

Honestly I'm just so happy we are getting this, I still can't believe it. What do you guys think the amiibo will do? Maybe some kind of extra like a Boss Rush mode, a new area or a creature gallery? A mini game of a dating simulator in which you, as Samus, have to choose between an Omega Metroid, space pirate #253, Mother Brain, Kraid and Ridley?

Edited on by roy130390

MarcelRguez

Realistically, something like refilling health and such.

MarcelRguez

roy130390

@Meowpheel Awww I'd love that life sucking alien jellyfish as a pet! Besides I could be the best there ever was with it at my side. Megas? Special Moves? Pfft!

Eel

Metroid used Leech Life!

And the public goes crazy!

No, like really, they're scared and screaming, make it stop.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

MarcelRguez

Name-checking for anyone that's still concerned about Mercury Steam's involvement:

Yoshio Sakamoto is acting as the producer of the title. Not sure if he's in the director's seat this time around, although he probably is. What's known is that Takehiko Hosokawa is directing the title. The man acted as game designer in Fusion and scenario designer for Zero Mission, so he has tons of experience with these titles. More importantly, he's also the one redesigning the map. Kenji Yamamoto and Minako Hamano are handling the music. Both have been involved with the series' soundtrack since Super Metroid.

Seems like Nintendo is overseeing this title heavily. They really want to make sure it's a quality project.

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

TuVictus

I never had any qualms with the developer. It's a remake so by its very nature they probably couldnt mess it up -too- bad. But that new info just makes me even more confident that the game will be great.

TuVictus

kkslider5552000

yeah, I'm not automatically dismissing the title, despite my jokes/very valid criticisms. I mean, it isn't like notable changes in quality from the same dev is unusual (as I'm sure Nintendo fans know about, RarewareSiliconKnightsStickerStar)

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

JaxonH

Gosh this game looks great. The perfect 2D Metroid. I never thought we'd actually have a legitimate Metroid game on 3DS. Thought for sure those days had passed. Yet here we are.

I'm gonna play the heck out of this game.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

nf_2

Metroid II was one of the first games I ever had so I'm looking forward to this. Definitely a pleasant surprise.

On a side note, any Amazon Prime members know why this game doesn't have the pre-order discount?

nf_2

3DS Friend Code: 0774-4745-0158 | Nintendo Network ID: Sajak19

teko

I love what I've seen so far of this game. I never had a gameboy but I did play Metroid II on the 3DS VC a few years ago. I found a map online and using that to play through it, I really enjoyed it. This was the most exciting announcement at E3 for me.

Aside from the gameplay additions which look really cool, I'm excited to see how they've revamped the map in this. I also think the 3D in the trailer looks great.

Has anyone been able to pre-order the special edition? More specifically, anyone in Canada? I can't find it available anywhere.

switch fc: SW-6081-8793-0424

Ralizah

@nf_2 Dunno. EO5 doesn't have the discount either. VERY annoying.

I mean, the games will get discounted eventually, but I don't understand what the hang-up is.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

JaxonH

I really hate to link GameStop, but this is Metroid we're talking about. And the Special Edition is live.

Metroid Samus Returns Special Edition
http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/metroid-samus-retu...

I need that EU version for the steel case and art book. NEED it.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic