Forums

Topic: Metroid: Samus Returns

Posts 121 to 140 of 744

TuVictus

I never had any qualms with the developer. It's a remake so by its very nature they probably couldnt mess it up -too- bad. But that new info just makes me even more confident that the game will be great.

TuVictus

kkslider5552000

yeah, I'm not automatically dismissing the title, despite my jokes/very valid criticisms. I mean, it isn't like notable changes in quality from the same dev is unusual (as I'm sure Nintendo fans know about, RarewareSiliconKnightsStickerStar)

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Misadventures of Tron Bonne Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy TRON BONNE < Link to LP

JaxonH

Gosh this game looks great. The perfect 2D Metroid. I never thought we'd actually have a legitimate Metroid game on 3DS. Thought for sure those days had passed. Yet here we are.

I'm gonna play the heck out of this game.

PLAYING
NS: Splatoon 3, Xenoblade 3, MH Rise Sunbreak, Radiant Silvergun and dozens of other STGs
PC/SD:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

nf_2

Metroid II was one of the first games I ever had so I'm looking forward to this. Definitely a pleasant surprise.

On a side note, any Amazon Prime members know why this game doesn't have the pre-order discount?

nf_2

3DS Friend Code: 0774-4745-0158 | Nintendo Network ID: Sajak19

teko

I love what I've seen so far of this game. I never had a gameboy but I did play Metroid II on the 3DS VC a few years ago. I found a map online and using that to play through it, I really enjoyed it. This was the most exciting announcement at E3 for me.

Aside from the gameplay additions which look really cool, I'm excited to see how they've revamped the map in this. I also think the 3D in the trailer looks great.

Has anyone been able to pre-order the special edition? More specifically, anyone in Canada? I can't find it available anywhere.

switch fc: SW-6081-8793-0424

Ralizah

@nf_2 Dunno. EO5 doesn't have the discount either. VERY annoying.

I mean, the games will get discounted eventually, but I don't understand what the hang-up is.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

JaxonH

I really hate to link GameStop, but this is Metroid we're talking about. And the Special Edition is live.

Metroid Samus Returns Special Edition
http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/metroid-samus-retu...

I need that EU version for the steel case and art book. NEED it.

PLAYING
NS: Splatoon 3, Xenoblade 3, MH Rise Sunbreak, Radiant Silvergun and dozens of other STGs
PC/SD:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

TuVictus

Maybe I should just hack my 3DS to be region free and nab that amazing EU edition

TuVictus

TuVictus

That steelbook tho

TuVictus

Eel

It will stay collecting dust in your shelf.

At least until they demolish your house to build a starbucks clinic in the year 2065.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Ralizah

NA version isn't even really worth getting. Which is fine for me, as I don't want to waste money on extraneous trinkets anyway.

I'm still salty about that physical edition of Fatal Frame V, though.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

DarthNocturnal

Meowpheel wrote:

It will stay collecting dust in your shelf.

At least until they demolish your house to build a Tim Horton's clinic in the year 2065.

Fixed. For Canadian-ness.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0
Now Playing: Dragon Ball FighterZ (Xbox), Final Fantasy IX (Xbox), Dragon Quest VII (3DS), Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Switch)

teko

@DarthNocturnal Hahaha! love it! The ubiquitous "Timmie's"

switch fc: SW-6081-8793-0424

Tyranexx

I'm glad that DoctorM64 seems to be taking things well. Maybe that will help put to rest the rumors that Nintendo started working on Samus Returns after the infamous AM2R C&D. It's been clearly stated that the game has been in development for two years.

Ralizah wrote:

I'm still salty about that physical edition of Fatal Frame V, though.

Same. I loved what I played of the FTS chapters, but I didn't want to bother downloading the rest of the game on my "meh" internet.

Currently playing: Metroid Prime: Hunters (Wii U VC)

Feel free to send me a Switch friend request, but please tell me first. Otherwise, I probably won't accept.

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791

Bolt_Strike

DoctorM64 is such a class act, 10 years of his life down the drain and he's still optimistic about it. That being said, this isn't exactly something to be upset about because Samus Returns is very clearly its own thing and I do feel like both versions are still going to be enjoyable in the end.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

KO-Cub

@Bolt_Strike I wouldn't say down the drain. Nintendo had the courtesy to let it be finished, and it was praised for one of the best fan games ever.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Haru17

Another Metroid 2 Remake is suddenly an incredible name. Not that I'm in the ridiculous 'a fan did a thing, why are they charging for this game!?' camp, it's just a nice name.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Grumblevolcano

So I guess we have confirmation now that the Metroid games teased at E3 2014 were:
2D - Metroid Samus Returns
3D - Metroid Prime Federation Force

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Araquanid

I wonder if they'll add a difficulty mode for M2R.

One thing I remembered that felt lame in Other M was the difficulty being relatively low, due to the whole dodge mechanic which meant you could easily avoid any and all damage the game had (except pyrosphere). M2R seems to revive this mechanic in the form of a parry, which sounds a little too good in a 2D metroid game.

Hopefully that mechanic doesn't work on ranged attacks unlike other m, might balance it out since ranged attacks are easier to side step/jump over than homing melee attacks. I wished Other M's version at least had a cooldown so you could strategically use the dodge (deciding what is and isn't worth avoiding) so there were windows when you were vulnerable.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic