Forums

Topic: Metroid: Samus Returns

Posts 121 to 140 of 716

TuVictus

Maybe I should just hack my 3DS to be region free and nab that amazing EU edition

TuVictus

TuVictus

That steelbook tho

TuVictus

Eel

It will stay collecting dust in your shelf.

At least until they demolish your house to build a starbucks clinic in the year 2065.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Ralizah

NA version isn't even really worth getting. Which is fine for me, as I don't want to waste money on extraneous trinkets anyway.

I'm still salty about that physical edition of Fatal Frame V, though.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

teko

@DarthNocturnal Hahaha! love it! The ubiquitous "Timmie's"

switch fc: SW-6081-8793-0424

Tyranexx

I'm glad that DoctorM64 seems to be taking things well. Maybe that will help put to rest the rumors that Nintendo started working on Samus Returns after the infamous AM2R C&D. It's been clearly stated that the game has been in development for two years.

Ralizah wrote:

I'm still salty about that physical edition of Fatal Frame V, though.

Same. I loved what I played of the FTS chapters, but I didn't want to bother downloading the rest of the game on my "meh" internet.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Bolt_Strike

DoctorM64 is such a class act, 10 years of his life down the drain and he's still optimistic about it. That being said, this isn't exactly something to be upset about because Samus Returns is very clearly its own thing and I do feel like both versions are still going to be enjoyable in the end.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

KO-Cub

@Bolt_Strike I wouldn't say down the drain. Nintendo had the courtesy to let it be finished, and it was praised for one of the best fan games ever.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Haru17

Another Metroid 2 Remake is suddenly an incredible name. Not that I'm in the ridiculous 'a fan did a thing, why are they charging for this game!?' camp, it's just a nice name.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Grumblevolcano

So I guess we have confirmation now that the Metroid games teased at E3 2014 were:
2D - Metroid Samus Returns
3D - Metroid Prime Federation Force

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Araquanid

I wonder if they'll add a difficulty mode for M2R.

One thing I remembered that felt lame in Other M was the difficulty being relatively low, due to the whole dodge mechanic which meant you could easily avoid any and all damage the game had (except pyrosphere). M2R seems to revive this mechanic in the form of a parry, which sounds a little too good in a 2D metroid game.

Hopefully that mechanic doesn't work on ranged attacks unlike other m, might balance it out since ranged attacks are easier to side step/jump over than homing melee attacks. I wished Other M's version at least had a cooldown so you could strategically use the dodge (deciding what is and isn't worth avoiding) so there were windows when you were vulnerable.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
Both for 3DS.

Thank goodness for Switch. Wii U just wasn't bringing us the Metroid goods.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Spoony_Tech

@Meowpheel I'm not so sure about that. Unless this has been a thing for more then 2 years Nintendo pretty much stopped developing Wii U games late last year. I don't think they started any new projects for the Wii U just a year ago today. I'm willing to bet Zelda was done by years end.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Eel

Well, just because they just announced it it doesn't mean the project is new.

In fact, it likely went through many many iterations before they decided to finally settle on whatever it will be.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

roy130390

Yeah, for the people thinking that they don't have enough development to have at least a teaser trailer: I really doubt it. I just think that they were aware that just with an announcement and the Return of Samus remake trailer, along with Mario Odyssey, the major pokemon game in development for Switch and all of the other games was enough to steal the E3. They are probably preparing the trailer for a Nintendo Direct or something else in the future simply to keep the hype strong and even get some more in te process. Normally, they invest a lot of time in Development with these games, so I expect them to be working on this at least since 2015.

It's the same with Samus Returns remake: as much as they can invest people and resources, the trailer is from a game that has been in development before AM2R was released, so they didn't start the project just because of the hype for that game.

Edited on by roy130390

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

Henmii

I fear it won't sell that well. Because its a remake (that doesn't look that strong) made by Mercury steam (bad reputation) and on a old system. Only big Metroid fans like myself will buy it. Wich is a pity, since we desperately need a big new one with beautiful pixels!

But as I said, it looks a bit weak with those polygons they chose. Though I must say A Link between world also looked weak to me initially. But when I had it in my hands with the 3D turned on, it looked rather good. We'll see.

Henmii

Spoony_Tech

@Tsurii @Henmii Have you both played or even saw the 3d in Mirror of Fate? That castlevaina game had some of the best 3d I've ever seen on the system and I like my 3d bumped up all the way. That alone made MoF a stand out for me. While the exploration took a back seat the combat shined. I'm pretty sure the demo for MoF is still there on the shop and if you have questions about the 3d depth and quality that game can answer it for you.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

JaxonH

I think this game is actually going to do well. Metroid has a reputation now as a class A franchise, so not only will Metroid fans buy it, but quite a few younger fans who now have their curiosity piqued.

As for the developer, people keep saying they don't have a good track record, but a game takes on the vision of it's director/producer. A remake already has top-shelf source material. So they can't make a bad game here. Furthermore, alot of their ideas are probably golden, it's just really really hard to make a new game that's a masterpiece from scratch. Castlevania was still a pretty good game. Now that they're under Nintendo's supervision, they're gonna create a masterpiece, no question.

Just look at the game... It looks fantastic! Love the new melee counter and 2.5 action sequences. Nintendo couldn't have done better themselves. And why is that? A Nintendo is in charge B most teams that struggle to create from scratch end up shining when under the direction of the right lead. And with Nintendo at the helm, Mercury Steam is about to make a name for themselves.

Once this game releases, they won't be known as the studio that created the ok (But still quality) Mirror of Fate, they'll be known as the savior of Metroid who rocked it with the most awesome 2D Metroid to date. Just watch.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic