WayForward is at the Reigns of Another Adventure Time 3DS Venture

Posted by Alex Olney

"Sucking at something is the first step to being sort of good at something"

The cast of Adventure Time are at it again! Based heavily on the assets from the last installment Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW!, the newest title of the franchise Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom is a pixellated adventure in a similar style to many top-down games from The Legend of Zelda series.

In this iteration you control Finn and Jake both simultaneously and individually – depending on the situation – in a Banjo-Kazooie-esque manner in order to discover more about why the Nameless Kingdom is shrouded in mystery. Unfortunately not much else is known about the game as of yet, but its similarities to The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past suggests gameplay will involve many attributes from the classic SNES title.

The series has had a patchy past with success. The second entry – Explore the Dungeon – was panned by many critics for being uninteresting and repetitive. Let's hope WayForward have learnt from their mistakes and can make this game worthy of the television show from which it was born.

The game will include many of the characters from the series with voice acting from the original cast. Once again the developer is working very closely with the show's creator Pendleton Ward in order to retain the humour and charm that has made the programme loved by children and adults alike.

Be sure to check out the teaser trailer below featuring narration from the enigmatic Lumpy Space Princess.

Are you excited for this latest adventure? Time to let us know!

torotoid64

torotoid64 said:

If it's more adventurous, I'M ALL ON THE HYPE TRAIN this is what the second game should had been

justlink

justlink said:

if you look closely, there are places that resemble rooms in alttp
0:30- The first dungeon's boss battle from alttp matches wat's happening in the trailer

gage_wolf

gage_wolf said:

I love Adventure Time and yet none of the games have even remotely caught my interest. AT is an awesome original series with tons of charm, how about they treat the games the same way... instead of just tossing Finn and Jake into crappy Zelda ripoffs.

KJ85

KJ85 said:

You guys forgot to mention the EU release date, which was just announced in a press release today..

Shambo

Shambo said:

@KJ85 When is it? Physical for Europe please, not like the first (and so far best) of both games! It looks way better than the previous title!

KJ85

KJ85 said:

@Shambo It is the 21st of November, and yes, it is a physical release.. Publisher is Bandai Namco Games by the way.

NImH

NImH said:

I'm hopeful... but if the past serves as evidence, it won't be great. I hope I'm wrong because I really love Adventure Time.

CrazyOtto

CrazyOtto said:

Since it's not getting a Wii U version despite it coming to PS3 and 360, I wonder if the 3DS version will have all of the content that the home console versions have.

Itglows

Itglows said:

I only played the first Adventure TIme game but it was a joke. Phoned in gameplay that was just boring, the whole thing was like 5 hours and some of that was backtracking. I hated it.

AlexOlneyStaff

AlexOlney said:

I must admit I really enjoyed Explore the Dungeon etc.. I played through the whole thing with a friend over the course of about six months and we had really good fun with it. The thing many reviews complained about was its low difficulty, but I can guarantee you that the difficulty increases tenfold later on, particularly once you unlock the Nightosphere.

khululy

khululy said:

@Mega719 It's really hard to translate such 2D characters to 3D take a look at the simpsons it's always gonna end up looking a little off. Some things just work better in 2D and some better in 3D and some do well in both.

UnseatingKDawg

UnseatingKDawg said:

They outghta be focusing on Shantae and the Pirate's Curse and Half-Genie Hero over Adventure Time crap.

PuzzleMaster7

PuzzleMaster7 said:

I still haven't played the second game yet, but just from looking at the gameplay, this one already appears to be the superior title.

Kitsune_Rei

Kitsune_Rei said:

I'm going to wait for reviews. Its a shame, since it seems like they put a lot into having the proper voice actors, and Pendleton heavily involved in story etc, but they don't seem like they're that great of games.