Play & Win: Here Are The Mario Kart 8 UK Tournament Rematch Results

Posted by Anthony Dickens

Thanks for playing!

Thanks to our friends at the Official Nintendo UK Online Store we held another Mario Kart 8 tournament yesterday; we changed things slightly by increasing the number of races from 12 to 16 and reducing the number of hours from 6 to 4. There was a total of £120 eShop credit up for grabs to our top three racers — competition was close but we can now announce the winners:

Our Top Three:

1. Lucy x - 240 points (max)
  2. Justin3 - 237 points
  3. John - 234 points

Congratulations to all of them and better luck next time to everybody else. We're aware that a small number of competitors had some issues being disconnected from races; we understand this can be frustrating but unfortunately we depend on the game servers — it's not something we can control.

We're keen to run some more tournaments in the near future and therefore need your help deciding when is best for everyone to compete, hence this rather boring (but essential) poll.

Which day would you prefer we use for Mario Kart 8 Tournaments? (65 votes)

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

23%

Sunday

20%

Any week days

12%

Weekend days

26%

Please login to vote in this poll.

These tournaments have happened thanks to the lovely people at the Official Nintendo UK Online Store, who kindly donated the eShop credit; this is also why we have restricted the tournaments to UK racers only. We hope to run tournaments in other regions in the near future, so watch this space and sign up using the form below!

Mario Kart 8 Tournament Alerts

Enter your details below and we'll email you whenever we run a Mario Kart 8 Tournament.

[via News: Play & Win: Join the UK Mario Kart 8 Tournament Rematch - Today!]

Nintenjoe64

Nintenjoe64 said:

I said weekends but meant Friday nights because there's no decent football on TV

In my first race I got very cruelly taken out when in 1st place by Justin3. Makes me feel better that they went on to do well.

S3OL

S3OL said:

Congratulations to all 3 of these lucky guys! Nice to see that the score is varied and that they're not all maxed out.

Fully anticipating the next tournament.

Mr_Rawky

Mr_Rawky said:

What happens in the next tournament if the same three people come top of the board? All's fair?

Jazzer94

Jazzer94 said:

I said this in the email but might as well say again Saturday would see the most amount of people.

123akis

123akis said:

the Official Nintendo UK Online Store doesn't even sell eShop credit! so how can they have donated it? You mean Nintendo donated it?

chewytapeworm

chewytapeworm said:

I got about 180pts, and I know I can do better next time! Watch out next time everybody, I'm hurting... Ready for revenge!...

Byron-3D

Byron-3D said:

When I first started I thought I'd be in with a chance of winning then only ended up with 132 points, really enjoyed it and would play again, I voted Monday as it's game night but could make it any night of the week.