Armillo Update Rolling Through Nintendo Approval Process

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Shouldn't be too long now

Armillo has been another solid addition to the Wii U eShop library in recent times, earning a positive 8/10 in our review. Developer Fuzzy Wuzzy Games has acknowledged that some aspects of the experience could be better, however, and has been diligently working on an update.

A Miiverse update has confirmed that this v1.1 patch has now been submitted to Nintendo. It'll be targeting improvements in the following areas.

• Frame Rate issues (more to do with audio asset loading than framerate)
  • 3-1 missing platformer cube
  • Bonus 2D levels scoring (some levels are impossible to get Gold on sat the moment)
  • Progression to 100% completion items 2-3 affect this
  • Some optimizations that should help when running off external USB drives
  • 6-1 missing cube fix

Naturally we'll need to wait for the Nintendo checks to all go through, but these will all be welcome improvements to an already strong title.

Have you been enjoying Armillo so far, or waiting for the update? Let us know.

[via miiverse.nintendo.net]

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

Nice to hear. Hopefully they fix the controls in the 2D levels before long.

Captain_Toad

Captain_Toad said:

Sweet, sweet. The armillo team must be getting exhausted from the miiverse posts, QAs, sales, and mostly work on the game. Yeesh.

Gerbwmu

Gerbwmu said:

This is a great game. Glad I picked it up. Others then a few area's that seem to slow down I haven't really noticed any of the other items, but I'm only just starting level 3. Glad to hear it will be improved upon. Already a fun experience though.

GreatPlayer

GreatPlayer said:

Such a good game (and I picked it up when on sale :> ). Finished it but did not complete the secret levels. The secret levels are so hard.

Tops

Tops said:

Yay! I haven't played too much of it tbh but will definitely get back into it when the update lands!

Xyphon22

Xyphon22 said:

I wondered why I couldn't find the cube in 3-1. I had no idea it was not there at all.

TrueWiiMaster

TrueWiiMaster said:

Armillo was a great game, especially considering the price. It joined the small number of eshop games that I bought upon release, and beat soon after. As much as I love 2D games, it was refreshing to play a 3D eshop game.

S3OL

S3OL said:

I've heard nothing but good about this game but could never get myself to like it.

How does it play? :o

GreatPlayer

GreatPlayer said:

@S3OL Sonic + Pacman in a Mario Galaxy World

By the way, does anyone know how many levels are there in the secret world? I have only discovered one level, but I guess there may be more.

YouGotOwend

YouGotOwend said:

Played one or two hours of it, but have been sidelined by other games. I'll definitely give it another go though, as it's really fun!

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

I've got sooooo many games backlog! Getting a patch will bring this back to the plate (same with Scramkitty), though so that's nice to hear.

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

Wow I love this game and think it's brilliant but imd surprised how many things that straight up broke 100% completion got through.

Henmii

Henmii said:

Yeah, I wouldn't really call it framerate issues. Since it happened to me 2 times in a row in the same area (first curve in the first stage).

Either way: Nice that they are fixing things. Its a fun game by the way.