Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Details Promised on 15th June Through Pokémon Get☆TV

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Hopefully more interesting than last time

Following their reveal for 3DS earlier this year, Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire have certainly caused plenty of hype. With a November worldwide release on the cards it's not particularly far away, though details have unsurprisingly been relatively scarce of late.

Of course, news typically filters out of Japan initially, primarily through Coro Coro magazine and Pokémon Get☆TV. The latter promised footage in early May and technically delivered, but we don't think it's unfair to say that the results were underwhelming. The snippet shown looked good, but it was only around 40 seconds at the close of a show that, for non-Japanese speakers, was downright peculiar.

Yet still, time has passed, and Pokémon Get☆TV is set to feature a "large scoop" on 15th June, and as optimists we're going to hope for something rather exciting.

Will you be tuning in to see what's shown? We sure will be.

[via serebii.net]

ModestFan93

ModestFan93 said:

Here we go again. I believe we'll see more at E3 to back this up. Just like last time.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

I did not waste a single second watching that show, but it was funny as hell reading the comments of all that people who got trolled.

Pokémon Get☆TV used Troll!
It is super effective! A critical hit!

rjejr

rjejr said:

@sinalefa - You're on quite a witty roll this week. :-)

Not sure how much of this they really need to show, people are addicted or they aren't, but it is always good to see marketing of Nintendo videogames. I wish SSB could get a release "month", either version.

And a big shout out thank you to my kid for telling me I can remember the names b/c AS and OR are words but AR and OS aren't. I kept remembering it the other way b/c I like the rhythm of matching 2 or 3 syllables in each word. Al-pha Ru-by and O-me-ga Sa-pphi-re just sound better to me. I guess Nintendo wanted 5 syllables in each.

BLPs

BLPs said:

I'm not expecting much. It's remakes. We know the story. We know the areas. The new areas will likely carry over from Emerald or X/Y, and in the case of Gen 6 with features I don't want any of those returning but oh well.

Why can't we just say we know what we are getting? They will just shove 3D down our throats like it has been new since last week even though it really hasn't and honestly doesn't look that good here anyway.

Tsurii897

Tsurii897 said:

I hope this means, that they'll show a little less directly at E3...I know a lot people really love Pokemon and are excited for the games, but everything on 3DS has been pretty disappointing for me so far and by now I'm just annoyed by those games tbh..

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

It'll most likely be the same news we get at E3. Pokemon Smash or whatever they call themselves now is notorious for repeating already revealed info.

The_Ninja

The_Ninja said:

Betcha we'll have to watch a creepy old man bathing, Trozei matches, japanese schoolgirls with giant ears and then we'll get around 8.4 seconds of detail. a̶n̶d̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶i̶l̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶n̶a̶t̶u̶r̶a̶l̶ ̶g̶a̶s̶ The japanese are very good at trolling.. Untitled

Mecha_Boo

Mecha_Boo said:

jeez i don't think i can watching that stream again, if its anything like the last time. maybe i should join again just for the ride that goes along with it. despite how bad it was last time it sure was alot of fun going along with everyone else to learn about the new natural gas and oil type pokemon

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

@rjejr

Thanks, I appreciate it :)

I only remember Omega Ruby, and the second name I just remember it by logic. It is funny since usually Ruby is the first game of the pair but Omega feels like it should be the second one, as in Alpha and Omega. Yet Alpha Sapphire is an alliteration, so maybe it makes sense.

VIIIAxel

VIIIAxel said:

I'm not expecting anything good, but I might watch the stream just for the heck of it. As mad as I was after last time, it was still pretty entertaining watching the wacky stuff that went on. Not to mention the oil and natural gas.

NavySpheal

NavySpheal said:

@sinalefa Well, I'm not making the same mistake twice, my friend. After watching some old guy bathe, I've learned my lesson. I'll find the news on Serebii or Nintendo Life later.

Joetherocker

Joetherocker said:

I can't believe people actually watched the entire stream the first time instead of just waiting until it was posted on youtube .0054 seconds after they showed it

UltraLaserTen

UltraLaserTen said:

I think you should just wait for when the info gets revealed for your respective region, unless you enjoy learning about a game in a language you cannot understand. They may do what they did last time and share the info in your region shortly after its revealed in Japan.

Haxonberik

Haxonberik said:

Most likely stuff we'll hear at E3 first, which feels rather good since I was already used to Pokemon news being japanese exclusive prior to X and Y

ikki5

ikki5 said:

"Hopefully more interesting than last time"

Hey, last time was interesting!

AlexSora89

AlexSora89 said:

@NintendoMonkey
The japanese have gotten good at trolling ever since they noticed to which extent all the exclusive stuff they get makes us drool. After realizing we're at their mercy, well... do I even have to spell it out?

LawRulesALL

LawRulesALL said:

@sinalefa You know the worst part? Seeing it while talking to friends, 'cause this resulted in a culminated anger that might as well be a new attack. Like the sorts of "Destroy, dark-type attack that if used in sucession causes the opponent (Pokémon GET TV) to faint (go to the deeper realms of hell possible) automatically"

GamerZack7

GamerZack7 said:

Hm...my family's satellite TV subscription includes a channel filled with Japanese programs...maybe I should check and see if this will be on it.

Serebii

Serebii said:

@Hero-of-WiiU No. They always do this.

CoroCoro usually reveals things. We get it early through leaks. Then, the official US and Japanese sites post it, then Get TV/Smash show the stuff. They have different audiences.

People seem to think that Pokémon Get TV, and shows like it, exist for the purpose of revealing news. It's not. It seldom shows stuff first, and when it shows stuff, it's showing to its audience that isn't necessarily tech-savvy so wouldn't have seen it.

Also, E3 while gaining some international notoriety, it isn't cared about much in Japan and so people wouldn't necessarily follow that.

Henmii

Henmii said:

I just realized that this comes AFTER e3! So no need to watch it, Pokemon fans. You will get all the info (and footage) at e3!

TwitchyGoodra

TwitchyGoodra said:

Can ANYONE please hive me their Club Nintendo 3ds or game pin. If you don't know where it is, it's in the game box for the game and for the 3ds it's in the box with the paper that says club nintendo. Thank you