Nintendo Launches Competition to Win Trip to E3

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Includes chance to play a winner at the Super Smash Bros. Invitational

E3 is getting ever closer, and Nintendo fans may be cautiously hoping for exciting things from the company this year. Nintendo of America has decided to give gamers a chance to enjoy the event for themselves, launching a 'Super Smash Bros. People's Challenger' contest.

The focus of the campaign is on the Super Smash Bros. Invitational, offering the winner the best seats in the house and the chance to take on one of the tournament winners. That's great, of course, but buried within the official rules are the enticing full details of the prize, which are as follows:

• Flights for the winner and a guest to LA
  • Four nights in a hotel in LA
  • Two three day passes to E3
  • VIP tickets to the Super Smash Bros. Invitational
  • A chance to play against a winner of the Invitational

That's certainly an attractive prize, and to win all you need to do is upload a video to Instagram, details in the image below.

This is only open to residents of the U.S. and Canada, with Nintendo pegging the prize value at $1500; it's open now and closes on 27th May. The opportunity to go to E3 and play new Nintendo games is priceless though, right?

[via e3.nintendo.com]

SleepyCrossing

SleepyCrossing said:

I'm assuming they're doing it via Instagram because of its popularity within social media. People link instagram posts to twitter pretty frequently, actually. Good luck to anyone entering.

GamecubeComplex

GamecubeComplex said:

@Kaze_Memaryu Glad I'm not the only person who thinks this way. I wouldn't survive 5 seconds against a professional. because I lose almost every time I play Smash. I just stink.

Tops

Tops said:

@FalconPunch Yeah, if I won I would take everything but decline facing anyone in Smash. Wouldn't want to be humiliated after winning an awesome prize

DaManLive

DaManLive said:

WHY NOT IN QUEBEC?!?!?! This is frustrating! Just because the main language is french I guess...

PuppyToucher

PuppyToucher said:

Ugh. I will do this because the prize is so awesome, but why did it have to be Instagram... I wish I could just tweet at them.

xj220_afiles

xj220_afiles said:

@DaManLive Nahhh, it's not because of french, it's because of Quebec's government. They regulate every contest and because of that, there is no way you can particpate while you live here. It really is a shame !

Raghav

Raghav said:

It says "United States and Canada", does that mean you have to live in both?

Kaze_Memaryu

Kaze_Memaryu said:

@FalconPunch Haha, that's not what I meant. I wouldn't feel bad about losing against my opponents - better players win, no big deal. I'd take it and just have my fun.
But there's no way I'd ever use Instagram, not even for this.

Darkness3131

Darkness3131 said:

The fact that most people here share my view on instagram is comforting haha. I would really like to go though... E3 is a life long dream of mine.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

Shoot, I have no problem using Instagram. What's the big deal? It's not like I have an account anyone follows anyways. Nobody's gonna see it but Nintendo.

IceClimbers

IceClimbers said:

Using Instagram for the contest is a smart idea, as Instagram posts are shared to other social media sites like Facebook and Twitter all the time.

Obito_Tennyson

Obito_Tennyson said:

Oh god... not Instagram. THE SCALES OF JUSTICE ARE HERE TO DECIDE MY FATE! Dignity... or a one in a million chance to go to E3. Oh god, IT'S JUST NOT WORTH IT!!!

... Oh, wait. I forgot that you had to be 18 years or older to be at E3... Oh well, time to work my butt off for a few years in order to join the YOGSCAST! It's basically a free card to E3.

minotaurgamer

minotaurgamer said:

Ok. I know I am going to regret asking this but why the sudden hate for instagram? is it too mainstream? not geeky enough? seriously what?

SMW

SMW said:

Instagram is taking all kinds of beatings around here. lol. I've just never seen the point of Instagram considering theres YouTube and Flickr. That and you apparently need to download the app in order to register. Yuck.