Ninja Gaiden III Is Slashing Its Way To The European 3DS eShop Next Week

Posted by Damien McFerran

Jumping the ship of doom

Nintendo UK has confirmed that Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom is coming to the European 3DS eShop next week — the 23rd of January, to be precise.

The third game in the NES-based trilogy from Tecmo, Ninja Gaiden III is seen by many fans as the best of the three. "Ninja Gaiden III does a great job of being true to its classic predecessors while also addressing many of their problems." That's what we said when we reviewed the game folowing its North American 3DS Virtual Console release late last year.

Will you be picking this up, European players? Let us know with a comment.

[via nintendo.co.uk]

WiiULoveGBA

WiiULoveGBA said:

Occasionally I read Ninja gaiden but my brain inserts shinobi graphics and I'm just confused for a moment

Peach64

Peach64 said:

I'll be getting it. I've played the other ones on 3DS as I'm too rubbish to beat them without save states. Looking forward to it.

Einherjar

Einherjar said:

A tiny part of me wished, that they would release a translated version of the japanese NG3, as it is much much easier than the EU / US version :D
Finite continues might not be that big of a deal with 3DS VC savestates, but its hard nonetheless ;) Happy dieing everyone ;)

Vriess

Vriess said:

Yeah I know, I'm a nagging pain in the backside about VC games, but...I want this trilogy on the Wii U!

Angelic_Lapras_King

Angelic_Lapras_King said:

Thats good, now can we have these 3 games on the Wii U VC too now? Maybe all at the same time like the Street Fighters? :3

Obito_Tennyson

Obito_Tennyson said:

What? Europe even gets games that they haven't originally had? If this is the case, then NA better see Devil World or Fire Emblem games in the future, otherwise the Virtual Console would be a pile of doodoo, which kind of already is for the reason that SMB3 has been revealed for NA since August, yet this is nearly five months later and no release.

There's also the fact that Japan gets these games almost a year ahead of us... which makes no sense whatsover since they have already been released and translated thousands of times before, more specifically the Wii Virtual Console...

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

NES Fire Emblem hasn't been translated, won't get translated and is unplayable without a translation. We only see Japanese games that still playable even without a translation.

PrincessSugoi

PrincessSugoi said:

Being a DOA fan, I've been curious about this series but the AVGN has put me off from ever trying one of these games... ever. :P

ikki5

ikki5 said:

"That's what we said when we reviewed the game folowing its North American 3DS Virtual Console release late last year."
folowing.....
Folowing.....
FOLOWING!!!!!

lol

sorry, I really shouldn't be saying anything as I make enough spelling mistakes as it is :P

SKTTR

SKTTR said:

No news that Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge was released on the (German) Wii U eShop 2 weeks ago?