Animal Crossing Spreads The Holiday Cheer In This Adorable New Trailer

Posted by Christopher Costabile

Rock around the Christmas tree with K.K.

What better way to spend Christmas morning than snuggle up by the fireplace, grab a delicious glass of egg nog, and load up a game of Animal Crossing: New Leaf on your Nintendo 3DS or 2DS? Nintendo is hoping that consumers will decide to do just that, as it's advertising the game again this holiday season with a new trailer.

The latest New Leaf plug features the female Villager in a Santa suit, decorating her tidy home in tons of holiday decorations and chatting with Jingle the reindeer, as well as Gloria. All the holiday fun is coloured by a voiceover narration in which the rhyme scheme for the famous poem Twas the Night Before Christmas is used to describe the scenes unfolding in the game.

One amusing moment comes while the Villager eyes some Christmas-themed presents, while the narrator says "Animal Crossing Christmas comes once a year, the time for presents is nearly here!" If any of our readers have ever seen anything cuter, we'd like to know about it.

Additionally, the UK advert concludes by mentioning the great promotion taking place on the UK online store, where gamers can pick up a 2DS console along with Animal Crossing: New Leaf, for only £129.99. With this much good holiday cheer awaiting your fingertips, will you be taking advantage of this special 2DS promotion this winter? Let us know in the comments.

HawkeyeWii

HawkeyeWii said:

I still need to get myself that game! Maybe the prices will be lower for Black Friday this week.

MeddlingIdiotStaff

MeddlingIdiot said:

It's a cute advert, but it doesn't really give an insight to what Animal Crossing is to those who've never experienced it before. In fact, it seems more like it's aimed at New Leaf owners, to show them what to expect over the Christmas period.

SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98 said:

When does winter being in New Leaf? I haven't played since the first, and feel super guilty about it :(

Squid

Squid said:

I haven't played ACNL in a month due to Pokemon Y. My villagers are probably all gone by now... More presents for me! :P

NorthLightSuplx

NorthLightSuplx said:

"If any of our readers have ever seen anything cuter, we'd like to know about it."

looks at actress Michaela Conlin....giggity

Lobster

Lobster said:

This was precious... And now I feel guilty. A combo of Pokemon and NaNoWriMo has struck my village and left its mayor completely gone!

Palom

Palom said:

Where others have abandoned their towns for new games, I got Pokemon X on launch day, then stopped playing it after five days and shifted my focus back to New Leaf. It actually has a hold on me.

RedYoshi999

RedYoshi999 said:

Oh dear, I loaded up my town yesterday after about a 2 month absence and it was not a pretty sight any more! Also, I wish just once they could make an Animal Crossing game that caters to the whole world, not just the northern hemisphere. I don't want to be seeing winter in December!