Nintendo Direct: Japanese Monster Hunter 4 Broadcast Coming September 8th

Posted by Damien McFerran

The hunt is almost on

Monster Hunter 4 hits Japanese store shelves on September 15th, but just in case there wasn't enough hype surrounding its launch already, Nintendo is holding a special Monster Hunter-themed Nintendo Direct on September 8th.

The video will go live at 8PM JST, 1PM CEST and 7AM EDT. It's going to be in Japanese obviously, but it could be worth watching as it may contain fresh information — information relating to the mysterious collaboration which both Nintendo and Capcom have been hinting at recently.

Monster Hunter 4 doesn't have a western release date as yet.

[via nintendo.co.jp]

Senario

Senario said:

T_T Please bring MH4G over when it gets made! I am a big fan of Monster Hunter's games when they have the option for G rank. It just adds so much more depth and fun to the game due to the crazy and slightly overpowered monsters and gear setups!

Unfortunatley I won't be able to watch this, it is way too early in the morning here.

FritzFrapp

FritzFrapp said:

Midday on Sunday UK time? Duly noted. Stoked to watch this one. Would love to hear of a Wii U HD version in this Direct.

Dryden

Dryden said:

Man I'm crossing my fingers hoping for a US release. Have been a huge fan of the series and bought my Wii U just for it. Seems like Nintendo has its hands in the cookie jar as I have not heard any news other than Frontier on a Sony console. So hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel and we see it localized every where else.

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

Still playing the crap out of Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate as we await a Western Release date for this game.

darkev9001

darkev9001 said:

maybe they will hint to a western release date, 300+ hours on mh3u? pshaw, try 500+ easily

Chris720

Chris720 said:

Won't be at home to watch that... maybe I could on my phone, but 3G is poor in my area. Ah well, it'll be nice to see some of the game. I know it won't happen, but it'd be nice if they randomly threw a "Monster Hunter 4 NA/UK Direct" :D

rjejr

rjejr said:

MH4 Sept 15 and X + Y Oct 12.

Guess this puts an end to the 3DS is doomed stories, even from Pachter ;-)

Luffymcduck

Luffymcduck said:

Just release it soon so my friend doesn´t have to play online trough my WiiU.:D How many 3DS owners actually use that option?

Dogpigfish

Dogpigfish said:

@rjejr Pachter will just say that Nintendo made the changes that he advised them to do, which is why it is now succeeding. He's like a politician.

letsplay

letsplay said:

Please don't keep repeating the release date. Save it for the end of the broadcast.

SphericalCrusher

SphericalCrusher said:

Awesome. I will probably watch, even if I don't understand. I'm very excited for MH4 — I still play MH3 very actively. Talking to one of my friends who is living in Japan right now, about possibly sending me the MH4 3DS LL bundle (If we can get it cheaper than me importing it).

bigtakilla

bigtakilla said:

Couple of things, 1: This is freaking awesome, definitely am going to pick it up on Wii U.
2: Hoping they will end this direct by saying oh by the way, we picked up atlus! (hold for both the uproar of applause and the minds blown.)