Urban Trial Freestyle Release Date Confirmed, Track Editor to be 3DS eShop Exclusive

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Lands on 27th June

Last year we reported that Urban Trial Freestyle was coming to the 3DS eShop, a title that previously arrived on the PlayStation Network on PS3 and PS Vita. As the name suggests, it draws a lot of inspiration from the Trials series by RedLynx, offering a budget download-only alternative to the Xbox 360/PC exclusive series.

The good news is that this release has now been confirmed, with an arrival in Europe and North America set for 27th June. It'll feature three single player modes — Time Attack, Challenge and Stunt Mode — across 45+ levels, though multiplayer will be limited to ghost races where you can "challenge friends", so that may be limited to your system's Friend List. The 3DS eShop version will include a new Track Editor, exclusive to the platform, which is sure to be welcome.

Will this be a modern-day Excitebike, something better or a title that crashes and burns? Not long until we find out.

Undead_terror

Undead_terror said:

Here is what you can expect from the game:

I will probably get it if the review is good, I saw a nice few fun videos about the game.

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

Looks promising. Anything with a level editor extends its replay value by a ton. I'll keep my eye on this.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

How is the 3DS going to handle visuals like that. It will have to be toned down significantly. :(

XFsWorld

XFsWorld said:

I didn't know this would make it to 3DS, wow. This game is pretty fun, play the trial on PS3.

ICHIkatakuri

ICHIkatakuri said:

I was in the top few hundred times on most tracks on trials HD and evolution last year, I love games like this and hope its good! Please ninty release a new excitebike or excitebike64! Hell i'd love a new excite truck/bots too ;-)

Donjwolf

Donjwolf said:

I played a demo of this game on Vita. It was unbelievably hard for me. I kept smashing into walls and stuff. No thanks.

banacheck

banacheck said:

[Urban Trial Freestyle] excellent game own it on the PS3, [Tip] start collecting the money bags asap. to buy a better bike set-up to post good times.