Tecmo Koei Hints At A Pokémon Conquest Sequel

Posted by Andy Green

"There was a lot of unfinished material for Pokémon Conquest"

The Pokémon Company and Tecmo Koei recently collaborated to make a strategy RPG crossover called Pokémon Conquest that took the Nobunaga's Ambition style of gameplay and threw in a flurry of Pokémon to do the battling.

Even though the 3DS had been out a while at the time of the game's release, it was actually made available for the DS and the reason for this was it was being developed way before the 3DS ever existed, according to an Inside-Games report.

Pokémon Conquest took three years to develop and therefore was being worked on before Pokémon Black and White 2 was released. That meant the new 'mon found in those games sadly weren't available in Pokémon Conquest.

That didn't stop it from being well received though, so naturally fans of the game have been wondering if a sequel would be appearing on the horizon anytime soon, perhaps on the 3DS.

Well it's certainly not out of the question as Tecmo Koei’s Executive Vice President Hisashi Koinuma recently answered a fan's question on Twitter regarding a possible Pokémon Conquest sequel:

Well, there was a lot of unfinished material for Pokémon Conquest…

Inside-games has reason to believe the president and CEO of The Pokémon Company Tsunekazu Ishihara is a big fan of the Nobunaga’s Ambition series and would be open to the possibility of developing a sequel if people demanded it enough.

It's unlikely we'll see a sequel appear anytime soon, but it's nice to know there's a possibility of one in the future. We enjoyed the game a lot, as we explained in our Pokémon Conquest review.

Would you like to see a sequel to Pokémon Conquest? Let us know in the comment section below.

[via siliconera.com, inside-games.jp]

CaveDweller

CaveDweller said:

The original Pokémon Conquest was easily my favourite spin-off that came from the franchise. I'd love to see a sequel to it on the 3DS.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

I'd LOVE to see a sequel to the game! ... For what I played it was a really fun game :D Though I never finished it & thus it rests somewhere within my great gaming pile of shame :p I just found it slightly hard to keep track of all my different 'mon & the enemies' too, eg. their advantages, disadvantages, levels, etc. I probably should start it up again & give it the time of day.... One day :p

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

It was fun...but couldn't continue playing it once I finished the game. :c

gloom

gloom said:

A sequel is quite welcome indeed :)
(When I saw the Groudon in the pic my first thought was that we were getting a R/S remake sighs)

DarkCoolEdge

DarkCoolEdge said:

I have to buy me a copy, it wasn't released in Spain and it is the Pokemon that has picked my interest the most since Gold/Silver (GBC).

Zombie_Barioth

Zombie_Barioth said:

I really enjoyed this game, its easily my favorite spin-off since the mystery dungeon games. I'm actually still slowly working my way through it too and according to my 3DS's activity log its my most played game so far.

A sequel would be a welcome addition to the 3DS's library.

Melkaticox

Melkaticox said:

"if people demanded it enough."

Wait, WHAT?! You want EVEN MORE demand?! The game sold 800,000 copies around the world and it was the second critically acclaimed pokémon spin-off (after Pokémon Snap).
You're not doing your job, bro!

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

YES! I would LOVE a sequel to this game! Please do it. There's so much room for improvement that it's kind of necessary!

Ralizah

Ralizah said:

Imagine Pokemon Conquest for the 3DS. <3

Pokemon Snap is still my favorite spin-off, but this is a close second. I'd love to see more of it.

Dpishere

Dpishere said:

Have yet to try Conquest, not sure if it is my cup of tea. Maybe some day....

paburrows

paburrows said:

I bought conquest and then shortly after traded it to Gamestop for an E-Shop card so that I could download Fire Emblem.

Late

Late said:

I don't have Conquest yet. I'm going to buy it one day but it's not on top of my must-buy list. And for some reason it still goes for 40€ here. I'll buy it when the price drops.

Bluezealand

Bluezealand said:

Maybe the sequel will actually make it to mainland Europe- otherwise this news is of zero interest for me.

Eisenbolan

Eisenbolan said:

I want Romance of The Three Kingdoms 2 and L'Emperour on the 3ds VC. Both NES games. Also Gemfire.

dadajo

dadajo said:

My favorite pokemon spin off to date! I would be glad to get a squeal on the 3ds figuring that they don't keep on making them yearly(Again it is a good game, but it is no main series pokemon game), and can expand on the concept.

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

As long as the sequel is made for the Nintendo 3DS, I'm all for it. I never did play the original though since I only play a select few strategy rpgs.

drag6

drag6 said:

I'd love it if they made a sequel to Pokemon Conquest. Preferably for the 3DS and it'd be awesome if they made it with a few of the upcoming Generation VI Pokemon. I can't get enough of Pokemon Conquest and even bought a strategy guide. Pokemon Conquest is by far my favorite Pokemon game that I've ever played