Madhouse Handling New Etrian Odyssey Cutscenes

Posted by Tim Latshaw

Odds are good you've seen its work

The upcoming Etrian Odyssey: Millennium Girl (aka Millennium Maiden), a reported remake of the first game in the series, likely has enough reasons to entice fans already. But just in case, Famitsu has revealed another: Millennium Girl’s cutscenes will be made by the anime studio Madhouse.

What’s Madhouse, you ask? The studio has had its hands on a good number of series over the years, including Trigun, Chobits, Marvel Anime and Cardcaptor Sakura. Its videogame work includes the intros for Solatorobo: Red the Hunter on the DS as well as Persona 4 Golden on the Vita.

Are you looking forward to seeing what Madhouse can pull off on the 3DS, or does cutscene production do little to sway you either way?

[via destructoid.com]

ACK

ACK said:

Not the biggest fan of modern, computer-drawn anime, but Madhouse does solid work

Outside of their more widely known work, Summer Wars was pretty good as well. (Saw it relatively recently.) It starts wonderfully, but it's ultimately good when it really should have been great. Poor character development is the primary culprit. Some excellent animation sequences, though.

ACK

ACK said:

@Shiryu: Yeah, forgot about Redline. Didn't love it, but it was pretty intense. Got my blood pumping so much it gave me the sudden urge to get up and play a game rather than sit through a movie... In fact, that was probably my problem with a it. A game adaptation would be extremely welcome. Good call.

ACK

ACK said:

@JSuede: I tried and nothing happened. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to put it on deviled eggs?

...Sorry.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

Etrian Odyssey needs way more then awesome cut scenes to get me to re-buy it! It was good back then but the newer games in the series make it look bad by today's standards!

Erikdayo

Erikdayo said:

Madhouse is easily my favorite studio. Though they've lost a few key contributors lately. Satoshi Kon passed. One of the founders left and so did the guy that directed The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Summer Wars, & Ookami Kodomo.

I have faith that they can still put out amazing work, but we'll see. Chihayafuru has been great. But then sometimes they waste their time doing crap like Photo Kano and those Marvel animes.

Ralizah

Ralizah said:

This is going to be very different from previous games in the series. I wonder if this is the beginning of a new series of EO games? Still, love Madhouse, so awesome news.

Windy

Windy said:

All these remake ports on 3DS and sega wont consider doing Phantasy Star Zero which would just about be the best online co-op on the system. This will be cool Etrian odyssey is always a quality product