Kung Fu Rabbit Comes Out Kicking on Wii U eShop

Posted by Mike Mason

Enter the lapin

Neko Entertainment was an early supporter of the Wii U eShop with European launch title Puddle, and shortly after release it hinted that more titles would be on the way to the platform in the near future. We can now exclusively reveal Neko's second game on the download service: Kung Fu Rabbit will be coming to the Wii U eShop very soon.

As the titular Kung Fu Rabbit, you're hopping mad and on a mission to rescue your bunny disciples, who have been snatched from your temple by Universal Evil. It'll take all your slick moves, sneaky skills and martial arts training to save the youngsters before they're cooked up for Evil's lunch.

The 2D platformer, originally developed by Cazap and Ctools, was released on iOS and Android last year by publisher Bulkypix. Itching to play a version with more accurate, non-touch controls, Neko has taken the game and built a Wii U version that's optimised for the console. Players will be able to take the fight to Universal Evil using either a Wii U GamePad, Wii U Pro Controller, Wii Remote or Classic Controller.

Here's what Neko has to say about Kung Fu Rabbit:

Life in the temple of rabbits hangs by a thread. Universal Evil has struck again and kidnapped all of your disciples. Only you managed to escape. They let you live… They'll soon regret it!

Use your agility and combat skills to save your disciples! Jump from roof to roof, slide gracefully along walls, sneak up on your enemies, and rip them to shreds!

Detailed graphics, humour, hours of gameplay and intuitive controls. Each of the 80 levels requires logic, precision, agility and Kung Fu Rabbit mastery.

Kill the Evil and save the babies, eat the carrots and unlock trophies!

• 80 levels in normal and hard mode (dozen hours of play!)
  • 15 unlockable items to customize your rabbit.

Kung Fu Rabbit is currently in the final stages of Nintendo's submission process, and Neko estimates that it'll be released on the Wii U eShop in mid-April. That gives you a few weeks to watch this début trailer, shuffle through all the screens in our media album and sharpen up those martial arts skills.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Looks like nice, simple fun & good music too. I'll probably pick it up, depending on price.

FineLerv

FineLerv said:

Mmmmm games!!!!

Too much to play on Wii U right now, though. I don't have enough time for all this stuff! Good thing these Indie games tend to be small. ^_^Y

Zodiak13

Zodiak13 said:

A lot of these indie e-shop games look like a lot of fun. Although I myself don't actually play platformers much, my son does. I will probably get this so he can play it. Dependant upon reviews, that is.

lazyinsu

lazyinsu said:

Really, really, really great platformer. Played it when it first came out on my iPad. The only thing I disliked about it was that I wished I could play it with a controller (not a big fan of touchscreen controls)... My wish has been fulfilled.

Zodiak13

Zodiak13 said:

@goradio It is the shock of actually having new games that makes one feel like we are flooded w/ them now. The WiiU did get Need4speed, LegoCity, MH3U, and Zen Pinball2 like w/in 2 weeks of eachother. But overall, yeah, still lacking.

Jewelarchon

Jewelarchon said:

@goradio He could be referring to the fact that he possibly didn't already beat MH3U and LCU since they just came out last week.

ThreadShadow

ThreadShadow said:

Why is Nintendo continuing to use that "Intel Inside" sound effect? They need to use something different. (It's heard when the finger presses the "U" symbol on the Gamepad.) It was heard a lot for DSiware ads too. Annoying because it was used by another company for their tech, and seems cheap for Nintendo to use it too.

Bobhobob

Bobhobob said:

Did anyone else see that message at the end of the video?
"All rabbits are cooked by professionals"

Mollutje

Mollutje said:

An indie platformer? You don't see those too often these days cough. Still, there seem to be some very promising ones among them, so I'll keep an eye on them.

WaveWarlock

WaveWarlock said:

No thanks...And Nice Meat Boy Physics... I swear, I'm now on my 13nth console(Not counting handhelds and other consoles i've played on like the Commodre 64 ect) and as far as traditional platformers go, i feel like I've seen it all...And many of these indie developer based platformers i'd say are some of the most stalest and unappealing. In this day and age with all of these downloads, we're getting quantity over quality. I'll leave it to Nintendo, Capcom or Konami(Retro K that is)to get my Platforming fix.

Ryno

Ryno said:

The more and more these indy performers come out the more and more I prefer to play my NES and SNES platformers.

WaveWarlock

WaveWarlock said:

@Ryno
Me too. The quality of these indie games just can't compare to something like Super Mario World, Mega Man X or Super Castlevania IV ect ect. Life's too short for B-grade copy cat dejavu' infused artsy farty flash-like animated indie downloads that were most likely created by some stuck up 'fresh out of college' hipster.lol I can't take most of these games seriously...

I mean there are exceptions....LostWinds for WiiWare being one of them!...:p

SunnyShores

SunnyShores said:

stop trying to be cool by saying "great another platformer" or " i'd rather just play my snes or nes" or " it doesn't compare to this game, this game or this game. so i'm not playing" give it a rest. the game looks decent and reasonably interesting.