Capcom's Gun.Smoke Rated For 3DS eShop Release

Posted by Damien McFerran

This town ain't big enough for the both of us

As we reported a short time ago, Capcom looks set to bring its Capcom Arcade Cabinet releases to the Nintendo 3DS as stand-alone downloads.

1943 got rated by the ESRB recently, and the vertically-scrolling shooter has now be joined by wild west blaster Gun.Smoke.

Interestingly, Gun.Smoke is actually part of the second trio of games in the Capcom Arcade Cabinet series. The first pack — which is available on the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade — contains Black Dragon, 1943 and Avengers. The second pack has Ghosts n Goblins, Gun.Smoke, and Section Z. Hopefully that means we'll be seeing all of those titles on the 3DS eShop in the near future.

Will you be giving Gun.Smoke a blast when it eventually releases? Leave a comment to let us know.

[via gonintendo.com]

RoryLee

RoryLee said:

Gunsmoke was a favorite of mine for the NES. It would make a great addition to my 3DS library.

CrazyOtto

CrazyOtto said:

I don't think their bringing Capcom Arcade Cabinet to the 3DS, I think their bringing the NES versions of these.

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

I have the arcade versions on Capcom arcade classics collection. I would like to the see the NES version. Overall a good game

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

Though I'd love the accurate arcade versions, have to agree it's likely these are NES ports. Would love option to use the 3DS sidewise, play on the now-veritical top screen...
Either way, this is good news, as Gun.Smoke was my most eagerly awaited VC game for years on Wii. Finally tracked down the NES cart. Still a bomb game.

SparkOfSpirit

SparkOfSpirit said:

Gun.Smoke and Trojan along with Jackal and Contra [from Konami] are some of the few games where the NES version would be preferred.

I'd still probably get this, but Capcom's later arcade games are better.

Zemus-DJ

Zemus-DJ said:

Great to see more VC games coming, hoping that they will bring more systems to the 3DS VC! After hearing about GBA for WiiU they better announce it for 3DS along with others ;) personally I like having everything on my 3ds at all times wherever I go. If I had to add it all up, pretty sure my 3ds have over 3,000$ worth of downloads lol

luminalace

luminalace said:

I loved GunSmoke on NES. I don't understand why Capcom can't just come out and confirm this is coming to 3DS.

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

BlackDragon stars in her own game? Hmmm, I learned something new today. ;)
Maybe 1942 if it's cheap. When it comes out, I mean.

Nekketsu3D

Nekketsu3D said:

Gun Smoke 3d Classics should have been, what about nintendo and others? the 3D Classics sank in limbo or is much work to Crapcom?