Splash or Crash Dropping Into 3DS eShop Soon

Posted by Mike Mason

A stone's throw away

2013 might be the Year of Luigi, but that doesn't mean that the lanky plumber has a monopoly over the upcoming release schedule. Tucked among the bigger titles of today's Nintendo Direct was Poisoft's Splash or Crash (known as Kersploosh! in North America), a brand new 3DS eShop title that has you dropping stones down a well into the water at the bottom.

It's not quite as simple as it sounds, though: each well is packed with obstacles to avoid, from wooden planks to fans, cannons and, even stranger, doughnuts and pizza slices. The further you fall, the faster you go, so you're going to need to keep your wits about you to if you want to dive right to the bottom.

Splash or Crash is due to splash down in Europe on 28th February, with a North American release following on 7th March. While you wait, cast your eyes over this North American trailer.

Undead_terror

Undead_terror said:

Whose well would be like that? oh well, the game looks alright but as long as there is a endless mode.

SMW

SMW said:

I'm definitely interested in this. Simple but fun and goofy.

tripunktoj

tripunktoj said:

I dont get why NOA keeps changing the name of their downloads to nonsense and dumb wording when the original names are perfect fits, Im looking at you Pushmo

DerpSandwich

DerpSandwich said:

I can't imagine that having different names for different territories is more helpful than it is confusing. I mean, it's not like we're all cut off from each other here. It's called the internet.

Haxonberik

Haxonberik said:

@tripunktoj Im sorry but nothing spells more "poopiedoodledingdongs name" that a mispelling a word on purpose like in "PullBlox" or "MotoHeroz" or "2 fast 4 gnomz" for example

accc

accc said:

I've been eagerly anticipating this game ever since it was first released in Japan as Hyu Stone. It was one of the first games to be released exclusively on the 3DS eShop, shortly after it launched in 2011. I always thought it looked really interesting and I'm glad I'll finally get to play it after nearly 2 years of waiting!

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

@tripunktoj because Kersploosh is a MUCH better name than something boring like Splash or Crash.

This actually looks really fun and goofy! :D I'm looking forward to it!

idork99

idork99 said:

Looking at the game in motion, I can't help but think of how much it reminds me of Ketzal's Corridors (SpeedThru: Potzol’s Puzzle) with a rock.

Birdman

Birdman said:

Saw screens for this about a year-and-a-half ago @ 3ds-screenshot.com for it under the name Hyu Stone. Definitely interested in this.

RR529

RR529 said:

I'll be keeping my eye on this one. It's been so long since it was released in Japan (as Hyu Stone) that I didn't even know it was still coming over.

WaveWarlock

WaveWarlock said:

Very cool. The stereoscopic 3D on the 3DS XL is going to shine on this one! B-)
Dodging donuts while diving down a well? count me in!

ThreadShadow

ThreadShadow said:

Going to get this one.

This looks like a perfect mini-game for a Zelda game. Link finds various wells throughout Hyrule and can chuck stuff down them. Would work great for a 3DS LoZ and a WiiU LoZ. Eventually if you throw enough into the water or manage to throw something unordinary down into the water a magical fish, Zora, or Fairy will appear and give Link something, or maybe get cursed.

A good new iteration on throwing equipment and items down to have them blessed/upgraded too.

JayceJa

JayceJa said:

am i the only one really unimpressed by this? it looks like a strained premise for an old school tunnel flier game that would get boring 5 minutes in