Activision Reveals More Info On Call of Duty: Black Ops II Patch

Posted by Andy Green

Wii U specific fixes listed

Not so long ago Activision revealed an update would be on the way for Call of Duty: Black Ops II, however all didn't go so smoothly as the publisher was experiencing problems getting the patch up and running.

The patch appears to be getting closer to becoming a reality as Activision has now listed the incoming fixes. The update addresses some issues users have been having with the game, such as the home menu integration and some controller problems.

The full list of Wii U specific improvements is below:

Wii U Specific Issues Addressed/Features

• Home Button Menu is now available in Multiplayer and Zombies when not in-game
  • Send text messages from the lobby and friend list menus

Wii Remote Changes

• Improved presets
  • Buffed aim assist

Wii Remote Bug Fixes

• Jittery movement
  • Unable to turn when crouched/prone with a scoped weapon on Wii Remote
  • Hybrid optic attachment stopped working after ADS on Wii Remote
  • Guardian and Turret unmovable when weapon pickup option is set to inventory button
  • Reticle disappearing during EMP
  • Hunter Killer Drone does not fire in reticle direction
  • Crash in Strike Force tutorial
  • Lodestar score streak is hard to control (it now uses the control stick)

Are you pleased these niggles are being fixed? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.

[via community.callofduty.com, nintendoeverything.com]

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

I hear a lot of people complaining about the new patch. Seems dual analog players now have to much of an advantage with the lame stronger aim assist.

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

After applying the patch, at least the glitchy weapon and equipment animations introduced in the previous versions are gone. However, I did find the Stealth Helicopter twice just sitting there, stuck, way higher then usual on two different maps just waiting to be shot down. Let's see how this goes.

Tsuchiya

Tsuchiya said:

Where to start? The pistols are still broken, animations are still off especially when using axes, betties, grenades etc.

I've since found a glitch with the Assault Shield to have it display your clan tag and emblem before it's prestiged. It's all a blops up.

TheRealThanos

TheRealThanos said:

I haven't got Black Ops 2 yet, but it seems like I'm gonna wait a while longer to see how this all works out.
It also seems to me that you people should be sending emails to Activision seeing as the issues you all mentioned don't seem to be in the patch. (or are they?)

AVahne

AVahne said:

The home menu part is the best part of this update for me. No more having to wait through long loading screens just to be able to exit the game.
But it seems there's more...broken stuff.

Tsuchiya

Tsuchiya said:

Pressing the Home button is great but it kicks you off the servers. Overall, the update is a complete mess but I do like the minor tweaking to everyones career records.

dizzy_boy

dizzy_boy said:

Unfortunately I can see that there's going to be a trend to release bug riddled games, simply because it's easier to patch it at a latter date.

SCAR392

SCAR392 said:

I don't even use aim assist, because it seems to mess me up more than it helps. I didn't notice any of them besides the home menu.

russellohh

russellohh said:

Anyone else unable to use items as Player 2 in Zombies, and unable to throw grenades sometimes as Player 1?

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

I'm surprised they put so much focus on the Wii Remote. From reading Miiverse most people prefer the Wii U Pro Controller.

MadJay1664

MadJay1664 said:

It'll get fixed. I've got the game but for anyone who hasn't, I'd say wait and see if the DLC comes out for WiiU.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

@Ernest

Yes, I saw that episode and was hoping no one else did. ;) Still that was my comment and I'm sticking to it.

I don't think the problems will ever be truly fixed on the Wii U side of things. Sounds like this version is beyond repair, no matter how many resources are put into it, hence the turd is getting too big to polish. :p