Shin'en Confirms Jett Rocket II - The Wrath of Taikai

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Going a bit Star Trek

Yesterday we brought you the news that the 3DS sequel to WiiWare title Jett Rocket was confirmed to be nearly finished and on the way "early this year", good news for those who'd wondered about its fate for much of 2012.

With that happy news confirmed, developer and publisher Shin'en Multimedia has now clarified the title for the sequel, which is a diversion from the original codename and, for our money, a possible homage to Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan — it's Jett Rocket II - The Wrath of Taikai.

Hopefully in the coming weeks we'll learn more about the story and, perhaps most importantly, get some juicy gameplay footage to enjoy. In the meantime, are you digging the title?

ultraraichu

ultraraichu said:

TAIKAAAAAAAI!
Couldn't resist :P

I guess this would be a good time for me to download the one in the wii shop since I have the extra wii points that I cant transfer to the Eshop and a tiny bit more time.

Garo

Garo said:

Digging the title. Certainly better than Super Surf (At least now I don't have to fear that it's somehow going to turn out to be a surfing game).

Windy

Windy said:

The One on WiiWare looked pretty cool I just might get this one :)

gojiguy

gojiguy said:

I never played the first one... so calling it Jett Rocket 2 actually makes it a little less appealing for me. but oh well. if its good I'll get it.

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

Nice to see it's not just an adapted version of the original. The first game was very good for a WiiWare title.

rayword45

rayword45 said:

Definite instabuy. I loved the first title, and looking at what they did with Art of Balance: Touch and the size limit, I think this will be a bit longer then the original (just prediction)

Pod

Pod said:

Awesome! Jett Rocket's a great game, and it looks as if Shinen are just having a lot of fun with it. Looking forward to this!

For their next thing, as others are suggesting, FAST would look great in 3D as well, and spectacular in HD on the Wii U.

accc

accc said:

I wish they would release some screenshots and a trailer. Throw us a frickin' bone here!

Azikira

Azikira said:

Please just let me be able to change my character from baby-face to... I dont care, a frikken robot.

Jray

Jray said:

The thing i didn't like about the first game was Jett rocket himself... his face was so annoying and i bought the game thinking you could play as a mii since it said you use your miis in the game description (you only use them for ur file icons) and the other thing i don't like about him is his voice... ugh... I hope they change it ._.

fortius54

fortius54 said:

The first one was a pretty fun game. It wasn't real long, but for what they were working with it came out good.

WaveWarlock

WaveWarlock said:

Meh. I'm not usually a big fan of '3D' platformers, unless it's Mario. And why would I settle for an inferior and more generic experience such as this? What is this going to do that will possibly top Super Mario 3D Land? Last time i checked the original JR on the Wii was an uninspired 'more of the same' yet 'pretty' platformer that did everything right, but nothing exactly new. I'm growing bored of these samo samo experiences with a new lick of paint. The Stereoscopic 3D will most likely be it's saving grace.

WaveWarlock

WaveWarlock said:

:p Super Mario 3D Land is overrated. Did you enjoy Jett Rocket more than Super Mario Galaxy? Because during the Wii Generation as far as 3D platformers go Jett Rocket's biggest competition was SMG. But at the same time i wouldn't say it's fair to compare a WiiWare title which is limmited in size to a full retail release. Jett Rocket was just a little something extra for 3D platformer junkies gamers to get their fix.

Wildfire

Wildfire said:

After liking the first one so much I was starting to fear the sequel because of the "super surf" on the title, but now it will be a definite buy!

Henmii

Henmii said:

Cool! Jett Rocket gets a sequel, on the 3DS! Looking forward to it! I guess it will look very sweet!