Scribblenauts Is Doubling Up On Nintendo DS

Posted by Damien McFerran

New bundle includes the two DS instalments

Warner Bros. is bundling together the first two Scribblenauts games - Scribblenauts and Super Scribblenauts - for the Nintendo DS in Scribblenauts Collection.

Amazon's US site has a release date of February 26th.

It's not currently known if any additional content will be included in this pack, but if you've yet to sample the delights of the series, this might be the perfect place to start.

Will you be investing? Or have you already played these titles to death? Let us know by leaving a comment.

[via nintendoeverything.com, amazon.com]

Related Games

RQuinain

RQuinain said:

I wonder if the original Scribblenauts will have its controls improved like Super Scribblenauts... Unless they're just two different cartridges in one case?

TheInvisibleTor

TheInvisibleTor said:

had scribblenauts, nevr played super, though i recently picked up unlimited on 3ds so i really don't need this collection. Good for people who've never played a game from the series.

filterclay

filterclay said:

Back in the later days of GBA we had game packs featuring nice combos, like both Castlevanias for the portable in one cartridge, with a great value!

Hope this idea spreads to DS catalogue. It would be very nice to (re)play classics with a great value (it means not expensive as the original release)!

It could also attract new owners of 3DS to play (not so) old classics they possibly missed.

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

As someone who owned then sold the first Scribblenauts and borrowed but never bought the second, this thing is perfect for me.

Anyone who's bought one of these double packs before know how it works - are they both on the same cart?

Edit: The product description says one cart. Neat!

CrazyOtto

CrazyOtto said:

@DarkKnight Some are but others aren't, there was a Pac-Man World 3/Namco Museum DS bundle released last October but that was 2 separate cart cases in a cardboard box.

HugoSmits

HugoSmits said:

I totally agree.. bundles are awesome! mostly they are on one card which I think is more convenient (not having to carry so many cards or swap them constantly).

The GBA had awesome bundles.. wish it would happen more on the DS!

SheldonRandoms

SheldonRandoms said:

Untitled

The cover of that is reminding me of this, which is not really a bad thing, but if you missed the original Scribblenauts, then this is good to start your adventure in the world of Scribblenauts.

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

@filterclay: I remember the GBA Castlevania cart, in fact I had that one. If it wasnt for that game I probably would have never bought a DS since at the time I only bought the DS for Dawn of Sorrow because I really enjoyed Aria of Sorrow.

As for the Scribblenauts double pack probably pass on these games since I dont have alot of money for games right now and I dont have a clue about them or if I will like them.

Furealz

Furealz said:

Unlimited for my Wii U is all I need from Scribblenauts for a long time! Also my first game in the series! :/ Good Thing?

Kaeobais

Kaeobais said:

Not entirely sure what the point is :/ The first game is so broken and hard to play, and the second game has such an improved vocabulary that playing the first game is completely pointless.

KAHN

KAHN said:

i'll be picking this up. unlimited isn't nearly has hard or challenging as these two.

@shadx
the point is there will be more puzzles, and you get more for your money.

Dodger

Dodger said:

I didn't find the first one to be broken, but I still don't quite get the point. The first one had more action based puzzles and more focus on beating puzzles without going over the item par and that was fun, I do miss that (Unlimited had a couple like that). Super Scribblenauts had more boring puzzles but a better sandbox mode and a better level editor and that is what really matters.

Scribblenauts is still one of my favorite series on DS, if not on all systems combined.

Alienfish

Alienfish said:

Really? This is pretty much the most silly package deal I have ever seen. It's been fun following the series from the start, but I don't know anyone who would actually want to go back and buy a couple beta versions when the polished jewel that is Unlimited is sitting right in front of them.

RudysaurusRex

RudysaurusRex said:

I hope there is some extra content in them to justify it. Perhaps some of the Unlimited items? Or DSi enhancements, like WPA-2 internet. Also a color-camera function would be cool. And I have fond memories of the Castlevania GBA double pack, the only reason I got into that series.

idork99

idork99 said:

Has anyone played either of these games? I feel that the Scribblenauts franchise is a fairly new gaming genre due to the unique, yet, complex way of tackling the game. Therefore, I feel that the Unlimited game (the 3rd game) is the definitive version. The other two I'm sure are good games, but they are also the trial and error games that led to Unlimited. I'd compare this to the equivalent of one purchasing Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Bros. 2 (Japan aka The Lost Levels) as opposed to owning Super Mario World in the early 90's. All three games have the same concept yet the latest version is the most refined one.

TheInvisibleTor

TheInvisibleTor said:

it might seem pointless to some people that all you need is the super scribblenauts (unless you own 3ds go for unlimited) though there are different puzzles in each game. When I had the original, i don't notice anything bad, so i might replay it. Good thing my cousins own it! :D

Aqueous

Aqueous said:

The original was my fav. I'm yet to touch the third. Of all the evil nasty levels I built >: )

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

Original Scribblenauts should have improved controls and adjectives (like as seen in the HD version on mobile platforms) if it's being re-released. It would be the ultimate version!