Mutant Mudds Deluxe Content Will Be Exclusive To Wii U

Posted by Andy Green

3DS won't be getting any DLC

Mutant Mudds Deluxe will be heading onto the Wii U eShop in the first quarter of 2013 and it has been revealed by Renegade Kid, the game's developer, that the additional content that will be found in it will be exclusive to the Wii U version.

Taking to Twitter, Renegade Kid's co-founder Jools Watsham revealed that the new content in the Wii U version will be exclusive, saying:

This means that as of right now the 3DS version, as well as the PC and iOS versions, will not be receiving any DLC with any of the new levels and features.

What are your thoughts on this? Are you pleased the Wii U is getting some exclusive content or would you have liked to have simply downloaded the 'Deluxe' additions on your 3DS version? Let us know what you think in the comments section below.

[via twitter.com, nintendoeverything.com]

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Trying to attract enough people who have already bought the 3DS version to buy the Wii U version as well. Fair enough for a dev business

__Taulmarill

Taulmarill said:

First the whining about hackers and now this. Looks like Renegade Kid just made it on my personal black list of publishers i won't give any more money.

WaveyChristmas

WaveyChristmas said:

Mutant Mudd's generic 'n stock akward 12 bit lousy art direction and 'no Bosses' hurt the experience. But i really dug the soundtrack, stereoscopic 3D and most importantly the challenging tight gameplay/stage design. Doesn't exactly do anything new but it's still fun. More fun than.....Rayman Origins. :p
And that Granny in the attic was hot.....just hot. lol

As for the DLC, don't care. I just seems like a cheap way to make a quick buck. Be it NSMB.2, whatever. However, I would drop the cash for extra stages and characters in Super Smash Bros. 4

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

This wasn't that fun on the 3ds doubt it will be any better on the Wii U! Genetic to the point of a first gen NES game!

SirQuincealot

SirQuincealot said:

complains about pirates stealing his game, doesnt release it to the people that made it succesfull, what a tool

WildMan

WildMan said:

I would be getting this if I didn't have the original on my 3ds. It's not a good enough game to warrant a second purchase. Now if it had bosses and varying enemies, then maybe I would get it again..

arrmixer

arrmixer said:

don't have a 3ds so I might get this title when it comes out.. thinking about toki 2 for the wife first...

rayword45

rayword45 said:

If this is anything like the 3DS DLC levels, then this is no loss. I wouldn't pay a cent for those atrocities.

ouroborous

ouroborous said:

That's lame, but what was the extra content supposed to be anyway? Didn't they already add the impossible-to-get-to Grannie levels in the 3DS version?
I mean come on, you have to have 100% of everything to open grannie mode? impossible and not worth the excruciating pain.

StrawHatChopper

StrawHatChopper said:

Nice to know they're adding some value to the game. If it was called "Deluxe", but just an uprezzed port, I'd take issue with that. I'm looking forward to the new levels, especially after how much I liked the DLC for the 3DS game.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Guess I'll be avoiding buying the 3DS version then... But the 3D effect on the 3DS version is really nice.

randomlypikachu

randomlypikachu said:

x-x i forgot about this ... just bought the 3ds version x-x might still buy >.> depends on what exactly they plan to add to this deluxe version.

SKTTR

SKTTR said:

Played the demo on 3DS and once again platformers are among the genre that I really don't like to play on a tiny screen because of the bad view distance.
Looking forward to the Wii U version though. Will give it a good spin then because I liked the spot-on controls and style.
Maybe I should try Mighty Switch Force on Wii U?! Had the same problem with that one.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

Am I the only one here who thinks that Mutant Mudds is one of the best eshop has to offer.

It like most ppl on this site are being a buncha tools due to Watsham's piracy comment.

I expected more from you guys.

SonataAndante

SonataAndante said:

I hope this doesn't become a trend. Mighty Switch Force and Mutant Mudds were two eShop games I really enjoyed. The free DLC for both was a great touch and I'd love to play more content for both games. MSF is on the Wii U already and MM is coming to Wii U, both with extra content not seen on the 3DS versions. Plain and simple, I'm not fond of that. I'm fine with the games going to Wii U with extras, don't get me wrong. I'd love to just be able to pay $5 for MSF's Hyper Drive levels on my 3DS, but no, $10 on the Wii U please. I already bought the game on my 3DS so I'm much less inclined to buy it a second time so soon just for some new levels. MM is the same thing really, I'd like to just get them as paid DLC, but of course not, Wii U only. MM is also the worse offender here since 100%ing that game was a somewhat difficulty and time consuming task. I enjoyed doing it for the most part but I really don't feel like doing it a second time so soon. MSF is a bit less of an offender since the game is short and the normal levels aren't challenging to complete. Par times are another thing of course, but still not too huge of an undertaking. And MSF also upgrades its graphics for the Wii U release at least. I just don't feel like buying it again right now.

I don't have a problem paying for new content. I have a problem paying for the same content twice on top of the cost of the new content. That said, I might still pick up MSF HD somewhere down the road. The lure of hard mode levels is a bit strong, and it does look quite good in HD.

Drawdler

Drawdler said:

@brandonbwii While I agree with you that Mudds deserves its fame among eShop games(heck, it's the favorite for me), I think people just dislike the game. It didn't magically start since Kid's comment.
Anyway, I was buying the Wii U version for an excuse to replay it anyway, so it doesn't bother me. It's probably not gonna be a huge chunk of stuff that 3DS players will miss out on... Plus they're probably gonna get Mutant Mudds 2 sooner and Wii U people are likely to be waiting a while to have that ported.

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

Wish you wouldn't have to pay so much for basically getting an upgraded version of a game you already own.

atariman

atariman said:

I'm a decent fan of the Muttant Mudds franchise, but it's not worth getting the wii U for Muttant Mudds Deluxe, (I here people say that the Wii U sucks)