LEGO Laying More Bricks With Legends Of Chima This Year

Posted by Orla Madden

Coming to 3DS and DS

Warner Bros. and TT Games have revealed the next installment in the increasingly popular LEGO series. The title isn't based on a popular TV series or movie - it's a completely new game, based on LEGO's new Legends of Chima line of figures which is set to launch in 2013.

The game - LEGO Legends of Chima: Laval's Journey, to give it its full title - is an adventure where players embark on an amazing quest into the world of Chima. Taking control of main character Laval, you must join your allies as you are called upon to fight for justice. It is one of three games being released in the newly announced Legends of Chima franchise this year, with the other two games launching on different platforms. Playing Laval's Journey will enable you to earn points and use alongside the other games, creating an incentive to play all three.

LEGO Legends of Chima is scheduled for a summer release on the 3DS this year, with an aim for release on the DS in the fall. We look forward to hearing more on this game, but what about you? Can the LEGO series remain as popular when it's not attached to a famous film or comic book series? Let us know your thoughts by leaving a comment below.

[via nintendoworldreport.com, chima.lego.com, pocketgamer.co.uk]

Related Games

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

Lego City Stories seems to become the ultimate title for the recent gameplay-formula of Lego games. The open world gameplay should be a great fit for it.
If this title plays differently the Lego games could actually feel refreshing once again.

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

Well, not everything has to be a positive comment, then we would never get deep discussions.

I'm on the fence personally, as I'm not entirely sure what kind of game they're going for on the 3DS, I know they'll be attached to the two other games, a PC/iOS racing game, and a PC Online game.

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Hàd a read about this new LEGO series in the latest LEGo magazine. Didn't seem to grab me to be honest. Prefer the parodies of existing films or comic book characters that they do so very well. Don't think a 3DS title will be open world, but may be wrong.

RupeeClock

RupeeClock said:

Every time I see the TV ads for this Lego Chima thing, I keep thinking this is Lego Thundercats.

Seriously.

ueI

ueI said:

I stopped keeping track of lego sets long ago, but this looks like a cool one. I misread it as Legends of China at first.

Drawdler

Drawdler said:

I have to admit Laval looks cool... Because he reminds me, like everyone else, of Thundercats. :P
I will see what reception this gets, simple as that, might be my first LEGO game. (And maybe I'll get the Harry Potter ones with it...)

paburrows

paburrows said:

I know that the Art Director of the Thundercats show was complaining that when the show was in production (its officially dead now) that EB was actually thinking of working with TT games and Lego (which they own) to do a Lego Thundercats series of toys and game, but I guess that since its now dead they Lego toke their designs and changed them enough to still have something like it, but different enough to not get sued.

Azikira

Azikira said:

I am not looking forward to the 3DS version because, as always, it will be a port of the DS version with terrible 3D.
Maybe they have learned their lesson? I doubt it... Probably will pick it up on Vita if the game looks better then a DS Port.

Drobotic

Drobotic said:

The main character and the whole idea seem too similar to ThunderCats.And they're even showing a Chima special(which will probably become a show)on CN.Why get rid of Ninjago?

MrWalkieTalkie

MrWalkieTalkie said:

@Drobotic It seems that Lego is doing this new Lego "original series" starting with NinjaGo, and now moving on to this Chima thing which will eventually end and a new original adventure with different characters in a different premise will begin. Which I can respect that, seeing that they dont plan on milking a series and rather just ending it.

gundam00

gundam00 said:

Ooooo! This looks cool! I like lions and Legos! The only thing I don't like is the name. I also thought it was China. Lego City didn't interest me, but this does. As long as it's a true 3DS game, not a DS port, or Console-downport.

TheBigHamlin

TheBigHamlin said:

Actual lego sets...I would welcome a LEGO Alien/Aliens theme. LEGO Nintendo theme...and it rhymes. And LEGO Quinten Terantino theme. Kill Bill and Death Proof Legos...mmmmm!

PixelRobin

PixelRobin said:

sssoooo...... What happened to lego city stories or undercover coming out for 3ds????? It was confirmed at e3 and I was waiting a year for a game that apparently has been forgoten. I thik i'm gonna cry.... :(

manic221

manic221 said:

This might be okay but all i really want is more information about Lego City: Undercover and a launch date please?

Drobotic

Drobotic said:

IMO,this is only going to be a big hit with kids who don't know about ThunderCats.

RetroGBHippie92

RetroGBHippie92 said:

@Drobotic Yeah, the first thing I thought was "Is this a rip-off of Thundercats?". Well either way, It's got me interested in the original Thundercats (not the reboot series), I've never watched it mostly because I didn't know it existed before I watched AVGN's videos.